Installing from disk

Discus and support Installing from disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So will this issue of disconnecting the wireless network be a permanent issue or will there be a fix at some point? It is kind of inconvenient.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Space Goonie, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Space Goonie
    Space Goonie Guest

Installing from disk

So will this issue of disconnecting the wireless network be a permanent issue or will there be a fix at some point? It is kind of inconvenient.

:)

Space Goonie, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Chrisquila
    Chrisquila Guest
    Halo 4 missing content.

Yeah try installing it to be safe, and installing directly from the second disk.

Chrisquila, Jan 3, 2014
  3. ajfogg
    ajfogg Guest
    Tips on installing from disk on the xbone

If you have a slower internet connection updates while installing from disc seem to really slow down the whole process. If you want it to be playable earlier. Take you console offline, install from disc, then go online to install the update after it is finished. This has worked wonders for me. It seems like MS could make it so this is done automatically. Hope this helps gets you in the game more quickly.

pHogg

ajfogg, Jan 3, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

Installing from disk

The only reason you should have the network connected is because the Xbox will install updates for the game BEFORE installing the game itself on the hard drive. So if you have to disconnect your network to install a game you might have slow Internet download
    speeds. If that didn't help I'm not exactly sure what's going on with your Xbox from what you posted... Why are you disconnecting your network?

CMUchippewa, Jan 8, 2014
  5. nickisullivan13 Win User

24+ hour installation

If it is from a disk, I would disconnect from internet. cancel installation and do the disk installation first
  6. nickisullivan13 Win User

error 0x80072f78

What I found out is if it is the first installation from the disk (like you just bought the disk/installing the disk to the hard drive) the best thing to do is disconnect from internet, install the disk, once that is done, hook the one back to the internet
    and do the update from the game.
  7. CMUchippewa Win User

Installing from disk

The only reason you should have the network connected is because the Xbox will install updates for the game BEFORE installing the game itself on the hard drive. So if you have to disconnect your network to install a game you might have slow Internet download
    speeds. If that didn't help I'm not exactly sure what's going on with your Xbox from what you posted... Why are you disconnecting your network?
  8. Bowenac Win User

Booting back to dashboard? Do games actually install?

Well I took the disk out once it said ready to play and it kept installing so. I think once it says ready to install it has all the files. It doesn't install from the disk either, it saves the files from the disk, then does the install.
  9. Viper7Gamer Win User

Digital games

The digital version does not include a disk. You can buy the disk version separately. The disk version is not actually more reliable since you still have to install it, but it will install faster from the disk. After it's installed it just checks the disk
    for verification.
Thema:

Installing from disk

1. Installing from disk - Similar Threads - Installing disk

2. I've been trying to install rdr2 on my xbox one s it's in disk format and it stops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to install rdr2 on my xbox one s it's in disk format and it stops...: Install rdr2 troubleshooting broken disk 2839a95c-f48b-4756-88d6-69cd84fd4659
  3. MSFS 2020 not installing from disk?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not installing from disk?: I have bought MSFS 2020 and installed MSFS 2020. I have then redeemed the code. It did not give me an exe so I deleted the one store folder and tried to reinstall with no luck. All it does is open...
  4. Hi, I was wondering why my game disks install to like 20 to 40% and then just say...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I was wondering why my game disks install to like 20 to 40% and then just say...: Always saying installation stopped when I did not want it to stop, xbox is 3 years old and works fine. 48ada905-1e03-4bb5-b20b-a3b16db53841
  5. Brand new Xbox series x won't read pristine disk to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new Xbox series x won't read pristine disk to install: I bought a Brand new Xbox series x. I'm in the process of trying to install a couple of games and it's trying to tell me that my disk is dirty or damaged. My disks are both in pristine condition.....
  6. After Canceling game install and putting back the disk in, stopped showing game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After Canceling game install and putting back the disk in, stopped showing game: Hi, I'm trying to play Lego World on Xbox and it seems that after I cancel the installation, the disk disappears and never comes back, please fix this problem. 7384cd38-20fc-4d49-8e52-71b65b4f8163
  7. Identifying installed games after disk cloning

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Identifying installed games after disk cloning: Hello, I recently cloned my HDD data to my new SSD, I used the "Forensic" cloning method, and this drive was the secondary drive (Not the bootable one that has windows on it). However, after the...
  8. GTA Disc won’t install, tried everything, have a perfect disk as well

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA Disc won’t install, tried everything, have a perfect disk as well: Pretty much I recently deleted GTA and wanted to reinstall it but it will not install at all, it’s on a disk not digital and sometimes the installation won’t even start but it starts as I take the...
  9. Installing a game disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing a game disk: I’m trying to install a game which is on disk. But whenever it gets to the same spot in the download it stops. Just downloading it will stop at 54.9% every time and in offline mode it stops at...
  10. GTA 5 disk game failed install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 disk game failed install: I went to reinstall my copy of GTA 5 when it suddenly stopped at 89% it claimed there was nothing left to install but i couldn’t play the game. I tried restarting my console, deleting my player...