Installing backwards compatibility games that you have on disc digitally

Discus and support Installing backwards compatibility games that you have on disc digitally in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If you own a game on disc, can you get it digitally for free for backward compatibility? be0daf4f-2229-4fbf-a65a-00a3e3733690 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Batman1967, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Batman1967
    Batman1967 Guest

If you own a game on disc, can you get it digitally for free for backward compatibility?

:)

Batman1967, Feb 15, 2017
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Feb 15, 2017
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Virtual Xbox 360 games from bought from marketplace. Yay or nay for Xbox one?

You can play some Xbox 360 games on Xbox One through backwards compatibility. A full list of those games is here:
    www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility

However, games for which there are both an Xbox One and Xbox 360 version are unlikely to ever be made backwards compatible, so if you wish to play that game on Xbox One you would need to purchase, either digitally or on disc, the Xbox One version of the
    game.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

maxen, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No. You would still need to purchase a digital copy if you want it digitally.

Smwutches, Feb 15, 2017
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

How can I play all games install game without disc?

To install and play a game you own on Disc (even backwards compatible games on Xbox one) you need to insert the disc, install it and have it in the console the whole time you want to play it.

This is different if you own the game digitally (not on disc).

If you are talking about the game you own on disc but don't have, you will have to get the disc and insert it to play. There's no remote installing if you don't have the disc in and if you don't own the digital copy.

---------------------------

If you own the game digitally and it's backwards compatible (or an Xbox one game) please go to My Games and Apps > Ready to Install and find your game and install it.

If you own the game digitally on Xbox 360 please go to Settings > Account > Download history and download the game again.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Backwards Compatibility

As the list of backwards compatible games expand digital copies that you have purchased in the past will be added to your Ready to Install list. Disc based copies will need to be installed from the disc.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Worst system yet

Hi, you're wrong about having to purchase the games again if you already own backward compatible games (disc or digital), then you log in with the account you purchased the games with, then you can download them from your ready to install section of my games
    and apps. For any disc games that are compatible, just insert the disc and install the game like installing an xbox one game. For the full list of games that are compatible (they are some AAA games on the list) have a look here majornelson.com

8. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox 1 console

As mentioned by the others only a certain selection is currently backward compatible.

If it is a digital copy that you have you can check under the Ready to install section of your game library.

Disc copies of the backward compatible game, just put the disc in the console and it will download some software to be able to play the game.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Can I access my Xbox 360 content on my new series s

Anything you bought digitally should show under your Games and Apps as ready to install. If you own any of the games on disc, you would have to use the disc which is why they won't show on their own.

Any games that are not showing, may not be backwards compatible. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility
Thema:

1. Installing backwards compatibility games that you have on disc digitally - Similar Threads - Installing backwards compatibility

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  7. All installs stuck at 0.0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    All installs stuck at 0.0%: Starting today I cannot download ANYTHING! Literally not a single thing. No matter the size which my Xbox can't even figure out at this point. Anything I attempt to download stays at 0.0% and the...
  8. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator installation goes backwards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator installation goes backwards: When I am downloading MFS (Microsoft Flight Sim.) it gets stuck and then goes back. It goes well until I get to about 24 or 25% (about 32 GB / 125GB) then the download speed goes to zero and it...
  10. Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation...: Tried restarting the application keeps going backwards b731d3c3-d2ff-4033-894e-c541cf2914a6