Installing a game in a language different from the System language

Discus and support Installing a game in a language different from the System language in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, The fact that we cannot choose which language to install a game is a tremedous oversight by Microsoft. I live in a biligual household. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alaricho, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Alaricho
    Alaricho Guest

Hello all,

The fact that we cannot choose which language to install a game is a tremedous oversight by Microsoft.

I live in a biligual household. I also have children in the house.

I do not want to have to change the entire system's language so I can have some of the games in our native language, and then have to suffer through some terrible dubbings of other games. I am sure I am not the only example of such a situation.

Also, the fact that on Windows the same situation exists is puzzling, where we have other game launchers and applications that allow us to choose the installation language.

Are there any plans to implement such a feature? Surely this is not a difficult QoL improvement.

:)

Alaricho, Sep 19, 2022
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Change language from XBOX (Beta) Game

...the game has to have the option INSIDE the game, isnt it?
    There are multiple factors that might or might not allow you to change a language.

First of all: The game has to have the specific language installed. Depending on the game, some games ONLY have one language built in (even if it's available in different languages around the world). If that is such a game, there is nothing you can do.

If the game DOES HAVE the different languages (and English is usually always present, if it's a multi-language installation), then it depends on how the game chooses the language.

Most modern games (and games that come from consoles) try to detect the language from the settings of the Operating System.

So if you run your Windows 10 in Spanish, the game will automatically be in Spanish.

Some games do have settings to override that automatic setting, but not all games do have that option. If the game does not have the option to change it, and you are SURE that the game has the English language pack installed, then you need to change the
    language of your Operating System.
  3. Nick Hern Win User

Xbox 360 games language selection is different from Xbox One...

If you need multiple languages it is possible that one allows for only one language install while the other system may require ALL languages to be installed instead of pick and choose languages. This could be why the large size difference.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Doom 3 BFG Edition (Spanish)

Hey Dabljuster -

Yes, a backwards compatible game installed via disc may have different language options than that found on the disc copy of the game. Despite the language of the disc, the language options available are determined according to your region as well as the
    languages the game supports (this will vary from game to game.).

Let us know if you have any other questions! :)
  5. RedCarGamer Win User

How do i change the language in sea of theives

Like was said above, the last games from xbox game studios titles usually dont have a language change. Depends always what language was your system when you installed the game, this is a function based from xbox one.
  6. VvuluvV Win User

Change game language in Xbox App for Windows 10

Hi Vallasin,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is change the global system language. You can always go to
    Xbox ideas and post an idea for a different way to select languages.

Thanks,

Brad
    Hi Brad,

When you say "global system language", that's the OS language/region settings ? So as long as Windows 10 is in english, Xbox app will be in english and all the games installed will be in english ? Is that correct ?

I have the same question as Vallasin. My system is in english, I haven't installed the Xbox app yet.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Installing a game in a language different from the System language - Similar Threads - Installing game language

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  6. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  7. My games doesn't install

in XBoX on Consoles
    My games doesn't install: I tried to install games but its stuck at 0%. After few seconds it says that installation stopped. What sould i do now? 79c85130-c937-497e-ab15-e71e2c20980b
  8. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  9. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  10. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...