Installing a game disk

Discus and support Installing a game disk in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m trying to install a game which is on disk. But whenever it gets to the same spot in the download it stops. Just downloading it will stop at 54.9%... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aiden Corder, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Aiden Corder
    Aiden Corder Guest

Installing a game disk

I’m trying to install a game which is on disk. But whenever it gets to the same spot in the download it stops. Just downloading it will stop at 54.9% every time and in offline mode it stops at 13.6% every time idk what to do here.

:)

Aiden Corder, Jul 17, 2022
  2. MerceNineRY Win User

Non spoiler first impressions (Stuff not covered in the reviews)

installing disk 2 [the disk you put in to actually start GTA V] will hinder game performance, so don't install disk 2 if you want quality performance...but disk one is the manditory install
  3. ngocphi Win User

Getting the message "insert the first disc" on cyberpunk 2077 despite the fact it only uses 1 disc, then get told i dont own the game even tho the disc is in the console.

Huh it's two disks like sword said I'm guessing you got a used copy?

As mentioned by sword

The one disk is drm which you pop in first

Then put the install disk in after it confirms and to install the game

Then use the game disk to play

Disclaimer I own cyberpunk 2077 and it is 2 disks

One labeled install

One.is game.disk you need the game disk to download the smart delivery update to series x version but you still need to have the game installed
  4. Evo Fire Win User

Playing and installing at the same time?

you can only install one disk at a time, the games still run off of the disk and will not let you install a game wile playing the other from disk. if you downloaded the game from the market place then yes you can play one game and install another.
  5. BazementGremlin Win User

HD textures install order.

I installed disk 2 on my HD then disk 1. Then when I went into the game it said install HD pack, so I put in disk 2 and it installed just fine. Took 30 min but it installed without a hitch.
  6. Cathproudlock Win User

HIGH DEFINITION download

delete everything bf3 including xbox cache , install both disks , insert disk one (or whichever disk does NOT contain the HD content) and start the game , when prompted to install hd pack select yes you will be prompted to switch disks , DO NOT exit the
    game just switch disks and wait till it starts too install itself dont press anything
Thema:

Installing a game disk

1. Installing a game disk - Similar Threads - Installing game disk

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  6. Install games in other disks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Install games in other disks: The install page says that my drive isn't format as NTFS, the NTFS drive requires a maximum sector size of 4K. However, when I check both my D & E drives, they are in NTFS format. When I go to my...
  7. 2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 different GTA V disks won't install, and why can't I just download the game digitally...: I bought GTA V as my first game for my Xbox One S a few years ago. The disk was broken while moving houses multiple times, and I've gotten a new one recently. The disk won't install the game, as...
  8. Disk write and read error prevents installation of large games from steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk write and read error prevents installation of large games from steam.: Greetings, I apologize in advance for the long thread, bad grammar and for unable to upload any screenshots or images concerning my scenario, I have attempted to upload the images here, but it...
  9. Most of my Xbox one disk games are not installing or even reading as if no disk at all is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Most of my Xbox one disk games are not installing or even reading as if no disk at all is...: Most of my Xbox one disk games are not installing or even reading as if no disk at all is in my Xbox x the dashboard even changes some Xbox one games that I have installed and played before won't...
  10. I try install an game from my disk and it stop at 23 percent every time i try to install it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I try install an game from my disk and it stop at 23 percent every time i try to install it...: I tried almost everything and other games seems to install just fine but this one seems to have some kind of problem of installing it. The game im trying to install is Assassin's Creed The Ezio...