'Installation stopped' whilst trying to install or update games (Xbox one S)

Discus and support 'Installation stopped' whilst trying to install or update games (Xbox one S) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Games and apps take forever to update or download as they consistently say 'Installation stopped' after having downloaded maybe 10mb if anything at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by keaganvelde, Nov 8, 2021.

1. keaganvelde
    keaganvelde Guest

Games and apps take forever to update or download as they consistently say 'Installation stopped' after having downloaded maybe 10mb if anything at all. Tried factory reset. Tried different network. Made sure Xbox and Xbox store are up to date. Tried deleting the game and downloading again. Tried a few other things too, but nothing seems to be working.

I have seen a few posts like this and none of the solutions have helped me thus far. Checking if anyone has managed to solve this problem? Any help is appreciated.

:)

keaganvelde, Nov 8, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

It really is weird.

I suggest you restart your router, and also if possible use a cable internet connection, if you are already using it, switch to wifi, and see if anything changes.

- Since you've already tried the factory reset, I won't suggest you do it again. I recommend trying to update your console offline, and see if anything changes. Follow the instructions contained in the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. keaganvelde Win User

Hi there Mateus, appreciate the response. I am doing well and you?

Unfortunately, after having just finished trying all 4 solutions, the problem persists. They all worked initially with the first solution working the longest, about 10 minutes before the problem began again. While I could repeat the first solution until everything is downloaded, I don't see it being a pleasant experience. Not sure if there are any other solutions I could try at this point.

Just as an addition: The one download (FIFA 18) restarts every time the problem occurs. Hence, I am unable to download this at all.

Thanking you in advance
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. I recently participated in threads where people mention the same problem, but it wouldn't be with all games according to these people it was only happening during the download of Marvel Avengers, maybe your case is different, so I suggest you try the solutions below, please.

Link to the mentioned topic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Solution 1:

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

After removing the account follow the procedure below.

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Now add your account again.

Solution 2:

Press the Xbox button.

Open Settings.

Go to Network and select Network settings.

Select Advanced settings.

Select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Select Restart.

Solution 3:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.

Select Clear local saved games.

Select Yes to confirm.

Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.

Solution 4:

Press the Xbox button on your controller.

Go to Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Network Settings.

Select DNS Settings.

Select Manual and enter the following:

Primary 8.8.8.8

Secondary 8.8.4.4

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Okay, thanks for reporting.
  6. keaganvelde Win User

I live in student accommodation, therefore I do not have access to the router, neither can I use a wired connection. It never gave problems before with a wireless connection.

I might try to work through Solutions 1 to 4 again before trying the offline update. I will say if anything changes.

Appreciate the help.
Thema:

1. 'Installation stopped' whilst trying to install or update games (Xbox one S) - Similar Threads - 'Installation stopped' whilst

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. How do I fix the installation when it keeps stopping?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the installation when it keeps stopping?: I have been trying to download a xbox game but the installation keeps stopping. I've restarted my xbox, I've canceled the download and downloaded it again, and it still doesn't work. How do I fix...
  4. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  5. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  6. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  7. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  8. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  9. Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...: Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It also says the game needs an update and I don't even have it installed yet 259bc5a7-f059-4b51-a564-dd1177a5afde
  10. Installation stopped on XBOX One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped on XBOX One X: I have been playing and installing games on my Series X no issue but my child has my older Xbox One X and within the last two days any game he attempts to install will randomly quit with an...