Installation stopped when trying to install game via disc

Discus and support Installation stopped when trying to install game via disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm attempting to install fallout 4 onto my xbox series x via a disc and it keeps reaching a certain point in the installation and will come up with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SwitchSanity, May 16, 2023.

1. SwitchSanity
    SwitchSanity Guest

I'm attempting to install fallout 4 onto my xbox series x via a disc and it keeps reaching a certain point in the installation and will come up with the 'installation stopped' pop up. I installed dead rising 3 also via disc after several issues with fallout, and it worked perfectly. I have attempted to install the game whilst my console is offline. I have power cycled my xbox and cleared the cache storage, and am now at a complete loss. I have seen other guides say to clear the locally saved files, but I'm a bit wary of this as I'm not sure what's saved to cloud and what's not.

Thanks

:)

SwitchSanity, May 16, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on installing the game.

Is the game still having an error even when trying to install it offline? Do you have another storage device that you can use to install the game?

Because if the issue is still the same even when another game can be installed, this is usually a problem now with the disc itself and it is possible that the disc is corrupted for some reason.

Try doing a reset on the console to see if this helps.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Yeah, there is definitely a big possibility that the disc is corrupted since it is the only game not running on your console. Just try the reset or if not, try another copy.
  4. Switch Sanity Win User

Alright, I'll give resetting the console a go. I put the fallout disc in my brother's xbox, where it was already installed via gamepass, and it opened the game with no issues, but the disc could still just be corrupted. Thanks
  5. Rostom L Win User

Why won’t my gta 5 disc download on my Xbox one s I had it on here before

Hi Logan!

What just happened when you try to download or install the game from disc?

Be sure to follow the suggestions from the link below to clear your local saves and also try installing via offline.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Cant install

Thema:

1. Installation stopped when trying to install game via disc - Similar Threads - Installation stopped trying

2. Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...: Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It also says the game needs an update and I don't even have it installed yet 259bc5a7-f059-4b51-a564-dd1177a5afde
  3. why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4: why is my Xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4 and when i get to see how fast it is downloading it inly says 900kbps or 2-5mbps and i have made a...
  4. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  5. When trying to reinstall gta5 on my Xbox one S, it keeps saying installation stopped.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to reinstall gta5 on my Xbox one S, it keeps saying installation stopped.: I've asked about this problem after trying everything, and I was suggested to reset the Xbox, which I did, and it made it install a little more and I thought it was going to work but now it does...
  6. Gta5 keeps saying installation stopped after I tried everything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gta5 keeps saying installation stopped after I tried everything.: I bought gta5 from the online store on my Xbox one, I've tried EVERYTHING, but after uninstalling and trying to reinstall it keeps sayin installation stopped at 5.7% everytime.. and literally...
  7. Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?: [mod removed - personal information] 2f3488e0-88b5-47a4-9fc8-d95fe203566f
  8. Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.: Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game. Everytime I try to download the game it stops before even installing at all and gives me the installation stopped...
  9. Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...: After adding disk 2 and running the install I seem to get a freeze around 60-70% installation stops and keeps trying to restart however I get the same stop message. I’ve tried to uninstall local...
  10. "Installation stopped" (error code 0x801901a0) when trying to install my first game on a...

in XboX Insiders
    "Installation stopped" (error code 0x801901a0) when trying to install my first game on a...: I got the same error when updating it fresh out of the box and ended up having to do an offline update. This is my first Xbox, fell in love playing the Splinter Cells with my roommate back in high...