“Installation Stopped” Error With External Hard Drive

Discus and support “Installation Stopped” Error With External Hard Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I’m having issues installing anything to my external, I have a Western Digital HDD that has been sitting around so I bought a Sabrent Housing case... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sithis Empire, Oct 3, 2022.

1. “Installation Stopped” Error With External Hard Drive

Hi I’m having issues installing anything to my external, I have a Western Digital HDD that has been sitting around so I bought a Sabrent Housing case with built in cooling and 3.0 usb and have been trying to get it to work, I have tried everything from clearing cache/soft reset to reformatting for my PC and then reformatting to my Xbox, with out fail, each time it after 5-10 minutes, no matter what I seem to install, stops and says “installation stopped” whenever I try to continue it, it reads out an error code, anything over a couple gigs will just cease to download. I’ve followed every possible guide to fixing and nothing works. I’ve even tested it on my PC, downloaded random things to it and it works great, scans even show the hard drive is “Healthy” Can anyone help?

:)

Sithis Empire, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Capt Obvious14 Win User

External hard drive won't install games

There are no error codes when it says installation stopped. The hard drive meets the criteria to be used as an external hard drice. I have not usd the hard drive on any other consoles as I only have 1 xbox one.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Sithis! thank you for your reply.

To clarify, is this happening with both digital and disc-based games?
  4. Sithis Empire Win User

I still use a 2016, Xbox one, not X, or series X, I know, definitely need an upgrade. I have no issues formatting the hard drive, everything goes smoothly until install, error code received is 0x8007045d and I do not use any other externals, only things in my USB ports are my a40 mixamp headsets, and a keyboard, I also tried swapping ports, keyboard is the front port, as it’s wireless, a40 headset is port 1 in the back and port 2 is the external hard drive housing. Appreciate you looking into this, look forward to a reply!
  5. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Sithis! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues using your external hard drive.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions.

• May I ask which Xbox model you are using?

• Did you run into any issues while formatting the hard drive to your console?

• What is the error code you code when trying to resume the installation?

• Besides this hard drive, do you have any other external storage units plugged into your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  6. WeylinLeavitt Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

I know there are a lot of posts but let me re-summarize.

Hard drive was working with everything.

Xbox updated.

External Hard Drive allows Apps to install no issue, but games will not install or be moved to the External Hard Drive.

Games that were on the external drive still work but are no longer able to update and as such error out when attempting to play.

Given hardware did not change and is still in working order as evidenced by being read and installing Apps (small sized files compared to games), the only thing that changed was software (the update).

Some users report certain external hard drive enclosures work still ($7.99 on Amazon) but previous ones stopped. This tells me there is a driver incompatibility or a soft block on certain external device enclosures.
Thema:

1. “Installation Stopped” Error With External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - “Installation Stopped” Error

2. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  3. Installation stopped Error when updating Fortnite 16.11.23

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped Error when updating Fortnite 16.11.23: When trying to update Fortnite today, I receive a notification every few seconds that the installation has stopped. The update does not get past 0% I have tried literally everything on 10 support...
  4. Installation stop error how do I fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stop error how do I fix it: Every game I download it tell me installation stop n ask me restart the Xbox but it still says the same thing 8c1b21e1-284c-48cc-ab89-2dfa48a58825
  5. "Installation stopped" (error code 0x801901a0) when trying to install my first game on a...

in XboX Insiders
    "Installation stopped" (error code 0x801901a0) when trying to install my first game on a...: I got the same error when updating it fresh out of the box and ended up having to do an offline update. This is my first Xbox, fell in love playing the Splinter Cells with my roommate back in high...
  6. "Installation Stopped" error never goes away??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installation Stopped" error never goes away??: My Xbox has had an installation problem for some time, and it wasn't much at first. Would stop once or twice each download, but would finish it in a reasonable amount of time. However, now when...
  7. Help with installation stopped error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with installation stopped error: I tried reinstalling gta 5 but it keeps getting stuck on 52.4% and then saying installation stopped. I tried some of the steps i found online about clearing local saved game data and i even reset...
  8. Installation stopped (Error: 0x87e0000d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped (Error: 0x87e0000d): I am trying to download madden 24 for the ea play free trial on my Xbox series s and it keeps immediately saying installation stopped. Then I tried to download other games and the same thing...
  9. Installation Stopped. Error code 0x80072726

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation Stopped. Error code 0x80072726: I was just waiting for Gta5 to download on my Xbox One Console. It was downloading fine but got almost halfway and it just stopped and will not let me start it again. It keeps telling me error...
  10. Fortnite Install Stopped Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Install Stopped Error: Greetings, My wife and I have been playing Fortnite on and off for a while now, me on my PC and her on her Xbox. For whatever reason the latest update caused a serious issue with the game. It...