Installation Stopped - Disc damaged or dirty error - October 2017 after update

Discus and support Installation Stopped - Disc damaged or dirty error - October 2017 after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought the Xbox One version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Excited, I inserted the disc into my Xbox One S for installation. After a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KuroGrell, Oct 21, 2017.

1. KuroGrell
    KuroGrell Guest

I recently bought the Xbox One version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Excited, I inserted the disc into my Xbox One S for installation. After a little bit, the system told me that "Installation Stopped" after it had reached to 32%. It also told me
    that the disc may be damaged or dirty, and that I should remove and reinsert the disc or try a different disc.

After a while of messing around, I concluded that it was the disc. After all, I had bought a pre-owned disc, and when I obtained it it had been handled and cleaned carelessly, to say the least.

Taking it back to GameStop the next day, I returned it and brought home a different disc of the same game, pre-owned as before. Same error message. Still stops at 31%.

I've tried all the methods online. I've spent hours looking up how to fix and found no clues, nothing that fixes my issue. Nothing. Nothing!

Hard resetting does not work. Installing offline does not work. Deleting my gamer profile does not work. Clearing my local save data does not work. Cleaning the disc does not work. Etc! This entire issue happened after the recent large update, and I'm suspecting
    that THAT may be to blame.

Though I haven't recently installed a different game on my Xbox, I have inserted other discs to be played, and I've had no issues. I don't believe my disc drive is to blame, and I've only used 34.2% of my Xbox's storage.

Is there any obscure fix for this issue that I have somehow overlooked? Is the latest October 2017 update to blame? Is my Xbox One S ready to quit on me despite barely being a year old?

Please, help me.

:)

KuroGrell, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Black ops 3 disc not downloading

So I got the disc version of Black ops 3 and it comes with nuk3town and I download it and in 3% it says"Installation stopped: Disc might be dirty or damaged" and its not damaged or dirty I JUST got it. Please help.

xXlegitKevinXx, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Run in blind
    Run in blind Guest
    Need help with error codes.

Can someone help me with these error codes. "New game disc" downloaded 46% and stopped. Will not load any more, repeats dirty disk or damaged, error codes (0x87e00005 & 0x87e00064). Game is, The Elder Scrolls on line tamriel unlimited.

Run in blind, Oct 21, 2017
  4. KuroGrell
    KuroGrell Guest

Issue has been fixed! Here it is:

ncutt010

• 1y ago
    Found a similar fix!!!

1) uninstall Blu-ray app

2) when you get the installation stopped error go to the game in the xbox store. A button should say "install" in the xbox store

3) remove your disc and immediately click the install button in the xbox store. This will download the game instead of installation it from the disc.

Takes much longer but worked for me.

KuroGrell, Oct 22, 2017
  5. KuroGrell Win User

Issue has been fixed! Here it is:

ncutt010

• 1y ago
    Found a similar fix!!!

1) uninstall Blu-ray app

2) when you get the installation stopped error go to the game in the xbox store. A button should say "install" in the xbox store

3) remove your disc and immediately click the install button in the xbox store. This will download the game instead of installation it from the disc.

Takes much longer but worked for me.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Flight sim 2020 cyclical disk error

Hi,

This error is a disc read error. A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is an error reading the data from a disc. There could be a number of reasons for this:

• The data on the disc is corrupt (highly unlikely)
    • The area of the disc being read is dirty or damaged
    • Your PC DVD drive laser isn't working as it should or the diode is dirty

The main part of of MSF2020 can be installed on practically any drive, it does not need to be C:\. Mine is installed on my internal SSD F:\ drive.

Check the disc isn't dirty or damaged. If it's dirty clean it with a soft none-abrasive cloth.
  7. MrXX ol Win User

playing game disc offline

I tried installing it but it kept saying my disc is dirty or damage but it isn't and giving me error 0x87e00064
  8. AridLizard Win User

Xbox one X download stopped with every game I try

that error is an I/O error.

it's usually associated with a dirty or damaged disc. your local library or video game retailer might have a disc cleaning service if that is the issue.

I don't know if you've tried, but restart your router as well and see if the update will install from the store.
  9. Marco Arts Win User

Installation Stopping

i cant even install it on my new XB1S console it stops at around 7% saying the disc is dirty or damaged but i can install it without problems on my old xb1 console
Thema:

1. Installation Stopped - Disc damaged or dirty error - October 2017 after update - Similar Threads - Installation Stopped Disc

2. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  3. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  4. Assassin's Creed Valhalla Install Stops, Requires Already Present Physical Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Install Stops, Requires Already Present Physical Disc: I am trying to install Assassin's Creed Valhalla on an Xbox One using a physical disc. At some point during the install (offline mode) or update (online mode), the install/update stops and gives...
  5. why does my disc install keep stopping at 5.5%?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my disc install keep stopping at 5.5%?: Im trying to install cod ww2 on my series x. its a xbox one disc and it keeps saying installation stopped at 5.5%. Ive tried the troubleshooting and i cant get it to work...
  6. Why does my farcry primal disc installation keep on stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my farcry primal disc installation keep on stopping: farcry primal installation stopping midway every time 14a569b7-e599-49c7-b418-35547079b118
  7. Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?: I'm trying to install Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (disc version) but the installation always stops just before its "ready to play." Do I have corrupt files? I've tried downloading offline and...
  8. Why does my console keep stopping my installation of my disc game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console keep stopping my installation of my disc game?: I’m trying to download a name on my Xbox using a disc and it downloaded all the content packs just fine but if struggles to download the actual game it’ll go a few minutes normally then it sill...
  9. i have a disc for a game and the game will install but stop at 15.9% every time. i have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a disc for a game and the game will install but stop at 15.9% every time. i have...: xbox one game: star wars battlefront 2 6a0162cb-adea-49a3-8c15-35e9241f2879
  10. Installation stopped when trying to install game via disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped when trying to install game via disc: I'm attempting to install fallout 4 onto my xbox series x via a disc and it keeps reaching a certain point in the installation and will come up with the 'installation stopped' pop up. I installed...