Installation issues

Discus and support Installation issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having problems with installing new games and or moving games from internal hard drive to an external one. Any game that I try to install... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingmaster96-[xboxvenue], Oct 24, 2017.

1. Installation issues

Hello, I am having problems with installing new games and or moving games from internal hard drive to an external one. Any game that I try to install keeps stopping and just would not work. As for moving games from internal to external,
    some dlc works but the game itself would not move. Also some games that have updates for them, instead of updating it, it ends up installing the whole game instead.

:)

kingmaster96-[xboxvenue], Oct 24, 2017
  2. Chiefss27
    Chiefss27 Guest
    installation issues

It has to be because of launch day I would hope, I'm having the same problem with COD Ghosts. I've tried installing tj multiple times to no avail, the furthest I got was 54% then it said install stopped! I tried installing off line and wireless. I am now
    trying again plugged into my Ethernet cord to see if that will help. After 20 min I'm at 2%. I'm going to let this take as long as it has to today since I have ready many posts that some peoples games took 6-12hrs to download. That's ridiculous by the way.

My question is that if you can be offline to install then how would launch day affect downloading a local disc? That's where I'm concerned.

Chiefss27, Oct 24, 2017
  3. installation issues

Nevermind I fixed it. Thanks anyways!

lolokingboss1, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Installation issues

Hey there kingmaster96,

It sounds like there could be an issue with the external hard drive. What troubleshooting steps have you tried already to fix the problem?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 25, 2017
  5. DeAdMiKe187 Win User

Install issue

The 5-minute spinning happens to me and everyone else I asked about it. I guess it is normal.
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

Installation Issues

All modern console whether it`s an Xbox or a PlayStation download and install games to the hard drive.

What is your internet connection speed? As this will directly affect how long it takes to download games.

Just be thankful you are not downloading Halo 5 onto a One X, as that is a massive at 107GB.
  7. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Issues Installing???

i solved the problem by installing disc 2 first. then i took the disc out and did disc 1
  8. HG Ezio Win User

Issues Installing???

I'm having the same issue. Put in disk two, clicked A to install and a couple seconds later it says it failed to install please insert disk one.
  9. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

Installation Issue

Has the game installed for you guys? I can imagine the issue possibly being the amount of users trying to install the game at once? If it still hasn't worked uninstall the game.
Thema:

Installation issues

1. Installation issues - Similar Threads - Installation issues

2. Flight Simulator install and code redeeming issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator install and code redeeming issue: Installed Microsoft flight simulator standard 10 DVD pack and now cant see a desktop icon. Went online and redeemed the activation code and nothing happens. It has installed successfully and the...
  3. xbox app has a problem loading installation locations what could be the issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app has a problem loading installation locations what could be the issue?: cant seem to download forza 5, in storage settings it says : There was a problem loading installation locations try again :xbox app says gaming services need to be installed but i already...
  4. Installation issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Installation issue: Grand Theft Aute V Installation stopped Network: 58.59 GB of 58.59 GB The Xbox can install network but cannot install the disc 0aa43df7-adf2-4986-83c9-ccba51fabd8e
  5. Issue installing/downloading Minecraft Bedrock Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue installing/downloading Minecraft Bedrock Edition: Hi, So I recently got a new hard drive so I am reinstalling my Xbox games. I have been trying to install Minecraft Bedrock (Windows 10 Edition) but every time I try to download it it get this...
  6. Installation issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation issues: My copy of dark souls only installs to 91.4 I have done freaking shutdowns restarts everything I'm not refreshing my console, and i dont have enough money to buy a new copy how the hell do i fix...
  7. Have an issue with the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 doesn´t work after installing the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have an issue with the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 doesn´t work after installing the game: I just acquired Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and when I finish installing it and it starts running all the processes and it reaches the menu to press A to advance, it presses and absolutely...
  8. GTA 5 installing issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 installing issues: Can’t seem to install the disc side of gta but the network side is fine Just brought series x, went to install gta 5 and it won’t go past 800mb when the internet is on, I followed old threads...
  9. i am having this issue while installing game (Trader life samulator)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am having this issue while installing game (Trader life samulator): [img] i am having this issue while installing game (Trader life samulator) [img] b211a545-4e84-460a-959a-29d710a67904
  10. GTA V INSTALL ISSUES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V INSTALL ISSUES: I have an Xbox One S and am currently trying to install Grand Theft Auto V, but it will always get stuck at 12.35 GB / 29.1%. Does anybody know of any way I can install this game fully. I have...