Install of the Xbox Gamepass (Beta) PC app fails with the error - 0x80190194

Discus and support Install of the Xbox Gamepass (Beta) PC app fails with the error - 0x80190194 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to install the Xbox Gamepass PC app, but so far installation has repeatedly failed with the error message; ''Looks like something went... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RBS3, Sep 10, 2020.

1. RBS3
    RBS3 Guest

I'm trying to install the Xbox Gamepass PC app, but so far installation has repeatedly failed with the error message;

''Looks like something went wrong, We weren't able to install the app (0x80190194)''

I'm running a fully updated version of Windows 10 (2004 build)

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

2. dario617
    dario617 New Member
    Hey I have the same error running on a HP laptop with a 10th intel. My connection to the windows store seems unstable and the installation program tried to install something, then failed, then this error and no change since :c. I've done a complete reset of the laptop with no results

dario617, Sep 10, 2020
  3. n2deep4uhaters
    n2deep4uhaters New Member
    i get
    Can't install xbox (beta) on my pc error (0x80190194)

n2deep4uhaters, Sep 10, 2020
  4. n2deep4uhaters
    n2deep4uhaters New Member

im using the pc app

n2deep4uhaters, Sep 10, 2020
  5. dario617
    dario617 New Member
    I tried to reinstall it on my old laptop (where it was working) and I get the same error. I think it is an error from Microsoft servers or the installer itself. I'm just going to wait I guess.

dario617, Sep 10, 2020
  6. Pixeldog Win User

I reinstalled Windows because the xbox app was giving me an error when trying to install a game. NOW I'm getting the same issue as above.
  7. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

Are you using the Xbox (beta) app on PC to install Gamepass games?
  8. Buachaill Dona Win User

Games doesn't launch with xbox game pass for PC

Hi there,

The only thing I could suggest is to see if installing the games from the MS store website or MS store app instead of the Xbox Beta app. As the Gamepass PC app is still in beta and that might be the issue.
  9. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox gamepass app (beta) cant install error code 0x80190194

Hi danCr87,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  10. danCr87 Win User

Xbox gamepass app (beta) cant install error code 0x80190194

So I got an answer from another post...all I had to do was update my timezone/country/region/language and hit save in my Microsoft account.

out of all that I went through, haha how dumb is that. I hope this helps somebody else. it worked for me.
Thema:

1. Install of the Xbox Gamepass (Beta) PC app fails with the error - 0x80190194 - Similar Threads - Install Gamepass Beta

2. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  3. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  4. Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching): Gamepass games that I installed on my laptop aren't getting past launch loading screen. Left one loading for 15 minutes and the game didn't launch. Using 2019 Macbook Pro running Windows 11 via...
  5. Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive: As the title says, when installed to my two other drives, d and e, the games will sometimes start and run before shutting down instantly. Or they won't start at all, giving the message, "(game)...
  6. help i cant install gamepass on pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    help i cant install gamepass on pc.: I go to Xbox game pass website to install the app and during installation it stops and disappears have way through installation. have had this on my pc before. It was giving me trouble so...
  7. Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%: Payday 3 aswell as cities skylines 3 downloads are stuck at 50%. Everytime, ive tries reinstalling multiple times already and even reinstalled windows two times. I noticed after buying the...
  8. PC gamepass install issue 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC gamepass install issue 0x80070005: I have been trying to install forza however keep running into issues. The downloads were throwing up error messages at random times. I have tried to restart the download and now the failed...
  9. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  10. How do I solve error code: 0x80073d02 on Xbox GamePass when installing Starfield?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I solve error code: 0x80073d02 on Xbox GamePass when installing Starfield?: I have reinstalled and repaired various times to no avail. Thank you for your time in adance. I have tried command/sfc/scannow, repaired microsoft store, ensured proper update of both windows and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game pass 0x80190194