Install of MSFS2020 broken with cancelation of GamePass

Discus and support Install of MSFS2020 broken with cancelation of GamePass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing MSFS2020 for a year (having bought deluxe edition from MS Store) and a couple of months ago started a trial of GamePass. After the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhredElder, May 11, 2022.

1. PhredElder
    PhredElder Guest

I have been playing MSFS2020 for a year (having bought deluxe edition from MS Store) and a couple of months ago started a trial of GamePass. After the trial period, i allowed it to expire as I did not find enough value for what i was playing to renew. However, since then, i have been unable to launch my (purchased) copy of Flight Sim. After an extended time researching why it would not open, i discovered the .EXE file (and folder) were on drive, but with file size of 0 bytes. Apparently the executable was 'toasted' with the end of the subscription. A similar action would have been expected for the Master Chief game obtained with the GamePass, but instead of bringing up a "can't find executable file" error, it says it needs the GamePass to run.

I have gone to the MS Store to try repair/install the program but it won't work.

What needs to be done to 'fix' my game? I really don't want to have to uninstall 130 GB of functional files and then spend another (better part of a) week downloading these same files in a clean/new install. (not to mention the hit to my i-net restrictions of throughput...i'm on fixed budget and don't have a fast/unlimited internet connection).

Doing the application repair from the settings menu does not fix problem.

Help/suggestions are appreciated.

:)

PhredElder, May 11, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

When you install Game Pass, all eligible titles are flagged as game pass, sometimes when you cancel game pass, these flags are not removed properly.

Afraid you have to reinstall, sorry
  3. Alisson Sabaine Gome Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 Menu Crash

I don't understand. Save data for MSFS2020? How i delete this save data or change? My Windows is new clean instalation, and the MSFS2020 too.
  4. Jerrymc333 Win User

I'm getting an error - Your organization does not allow you to place this file here.

This aircraft is not from Microsoft. It has its own installation setup into MSFS2020. This program is for cockpit builders and controls hardware and instruments that interface with MSFS2020. The setup worked the first time I installed it but when I tried to install the latest update Windows 10 prevented it. This should not be happening.
  5. Jerrymc333 Win User

If my installation of MSFS2020 is corrupted can I unstall and re-install it?

I found the problem thanks to Bernie on the Prosim737 forum. The issue arises when you don't install MSFS2020 on the same drive as Windows in the default location. I'm going to try a couple of work arounds that were suggested but if they don't work I will have to re-install MSFS2020 in the default location.

Jerry
  6. Ryan355 Win User

Which files do I copy to transfer Flight Simulator 2020 to another PC?

Hi guys. So i've recently also wanted to copy over my MSFS2020 from my PC to my laptop and followed the instructions posted by DeckedBeret1566. I have copied the 'Official' and 'Community' folder from my PC (D:\Games\MSFS2020) to my laptop (C:\Games\MSFS2020).
    However when I select (C:\Games\MSFS2020) in the installer, it proceeds to download the entire game from scratch. Perhaps I am missing something?
Thema:

1. Install of MSFS2020 broken with cancelation of GamePass - Similar Threads - Install MSFS2020 broken

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  7. MSFS2020 Installation Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 Installation Issues: I'm trying to install MSFS2020 via the xbox app. I own PC Gamepass. I've had issues with gaming services which i resolved but MSFS Installer is now 157 GB instead of the 2 GB it was before and...
  8. MSFS2020 wont install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 wont install.: Hello. I have installed the MSFS Premium deluxe version from the xbox store, it downloads fine, and then always gets stuck at 100% when decompressing a file, mostly .fspatch files, cpu at a...
  9. Installation issues MSFS2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation issues MSFS2020: Hello there and sorry for posting this here, but it wouldn't work on the flight sim official site! I wanted to ask you something about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I bought it about 4 days ago...
  10. MSFS2020 Xbox series X Six of the World updates do not install properly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 Xbox series X Six of the World updates do not install properly.: All World updates had been installed properly up to but not including Oceana. I always look at content manager before I do any thing else. I noticed recently that I had 6 updates awaiting...