'Install' does not appear in Store when a game disc is inserted

Discus and support 'Install' does not appear in Store when a game disc is inserted in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Alright, so I've been trying to install a disc of The Witcher 3 for a while now. Just bought the system recently, but I've had the disc for a year or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CyIush, Apr 10, 2018.

1. CyIush
    CyIush Guest

Alright, so I've been trying to install a disc of The Witcher 3 for a while now. Just bought the system recently, but I've had the disc for a year or so. Every time I tried to install, it would get stuck somewhere around 31% and tell me to clean the disc,
    which I've made sure is clean and has no visible scratches. I've read online that you can install a disc via Store if the disc is inserted (to get around the 'clean your disc' error), and I got a friend to test it out with her copy of the game. The Install
    option shows up for her, but when I put my disc in and look in the Store, it only shows Buy.

If I go to the Store while the game is installing, I can see options to cancel and pause the install, but if I cancel it, there is no option to start the installation again from that page.

Does anyone know how I could enable the Install via Store option? I've got Gold, if that would have anything to do with it.

Thank you.

:)

CyIush, Apr 10, 2018
  2. Help PLz on Xbox One issue

Hi, i inserted fifa 14 when i was downloading youtube from the store on the xbox one, but when i install fifa, it does not work. Is it a bug or what, Thanks-Jaco

ChillingAlloy79, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Question about owning a physical disc that is BC

As far as I know you only need disc one it installs everything and does the auto disc swap file for you

Someone can correct me though if this wrong

Terrin_marine, Apr 10, 2018
  4. KeithCummings1 Win User

Fallout 3 DLC on Xbox One

Go and shutdown the console (not factory) wait a few minutes and turn on again and if the dlc completed installing
    There appears to be part (or all) of the installation file in the queue. I will clear the queue and uninstall the file, but when I shutdown/restart, that file will reappear in the queue. I've tried doing so under a variety of conditions (going offline; clearing
    the game settings; uninstalling/reinstalling the main game; going through the store; disc inserted/disc not inserted, etc.) and the file always re-appears in the queue when I restart the console.
  5. Smwutches Win User

i cant download rocket league.

You would need to install it from the disc, not the store. You should see the game on the dashboard when you insert the disc and it should install once you click on it.
  6. Tarnend Win User

A bunch if my old xbox 360 backwards compatible games arent showing up in my ready to install

if you have the discs, then make sure your xbox one is connected to the internet and all up to date and insert the disc and it will install the game, if the game was a digital purchase then it would appear under ready to install but if you owned it on
    disc then it would need to be installed and the disc inserted each time you want to play it.
  7. HorridSphere173 Win User

ERROR IN DOWNLOADING

the notification appear on xbox is , To complete the installation,insert the disc again...we need the disc to finish.(0x80070015),

if I insert the disc again and then resume installation...after i finish the installation it will be work with out disc and the disc will be work in any anther xbox
  8. dr1schnell Win User

Can't Download Xbox Game With Gold Earth Defense Force 2025

Same problem here. Cannot buy it in any Browser and my XOne does not even offer the game (german store). I tried setting the store to Austria, then I can install the game but it does not start because it wants me to insert the disc(?). This is weird...
Thema:

1. 'Install' does not appear in Store when a game disc is inserted - Similar Threads - 'Install' does appear

2. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  3. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  4. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  5. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...: I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always...
  6. Why does Everspace 2 keep installing itself ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Everspace 2 keep installing itself ?: Literally every 2 or 3 weeks I see in my windows star menu or in game pass "Everspace 2 has recently insalled". I have NEVER wanted to play this game. I have NEVER tried to download it I DO NOT...
  7. Why does my Xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep saying installation stopped?: My Xbox won’t let me install Fortnite or rocket league onto it and I don’t know why it’s doing this a3d71de0-b787-4e74-9529-eaf4082ed6f2
  8. Why does my game have a error code when u try to install or load in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game have a error code when u try to install or load in?: My Mondern Warfare 2 is not letting get into it every time I try it says there was a problem launching your game try launching again if still won't launch Uninstall and reinstall but when I try...
  9. Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...: Clean Install of Windows 11, Now the XBOX PC app does not show my library. Tried all troubleshooting options. Mobile seems to show my library and history, just not the PC app. Signed out and back...
  10. i’m trying to install black ops 3 but it keeps dropping and when it does install i’m stuck...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i’m trying to install black ops 3 but it keeps dropping and when it does install i’m stuck...: ige tried everything but nothing seems to work 164a1589-9159-430f-b598-d634c97995ba