Install Deluxe Edition but Play using Standard Disc

Discus and support Install Deluxe Edition but Play using Standard Disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I have multiple XBOX consoles in my home. I would like to preorder Battlefield 2, but I have a question. I have kids that will want... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HU2MullenJr, Nov 1, 2017.

  1. HU2MullenJr
    HU2MullenJr Guest

    Install Deluxe Edition but Play using Standard Disc


    Good afternoon. I have multiple XBOX consoles in my home. I would like to preorder Battlefield 2, but I have a question. I have kids that will want to play simultaneously, so I need to get multiple copies of the game. Can I purchase one Deluxe Edition
    disc and use that to install the game on all the consoles, and then use a Standard Edition disc to play the game with the additional features? I'm just trying to save $20-$40 by not having to purchase three copies of the Deluxe Edition. Thanks!

    :)
     
    HU2MullenJr, Nov 1, 2017
    #1
  2. Uncle Rastas
    Uncle Rastas Guest
    New Xbox One

    So if I throw in lets say my friends standard edition BF4 disc and should be able to play all expansions right? My previous original BF4 purchase was Deluxe edition on disk (not digital download)
     
    Uncle Rastas, Nov 1, 2017
    #2
  3. CubitFox
    CubitFox Guest
    Question on Save data and Deluxe Edition question

    I have the standard edition on disc, if I buy the deluxe edition with the season pass digitally, will I keep my save data and character?
     
    CubitFox, Nov 1, 2017
    #3
  4. Install Deluxe Edition but Play using Standard Disc

    You usually find that all the extra DLC content that comes with deluxe/GOTY editions is in the form of codes which can only be used once, therefore you would still need two copies.
     
    Paraffin Alien, Nov 2, 2017
    #4
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

    Install Deluxe Edition but Play using Standard Disc

    You usually find that all the extra DLC content that comes with deluxe/GOTY editions is in the form of codes which can only be used once, therefore you would still need two copies.
  6. Uncle Rastas Win User

    New Xbox One

    So if I throw in lets say my friends standard edition BF4 disc and should be able to play all expansions right? My previous original BF4 purchase was Deluxe edition on disk (not digital download)
  7. XxA1PHAx0M3GAxX Win User

    Fallout New Vegas DLC not showing!

    I use disc 2 to install AND play the game. This is the only way as far as I know. Disc 1 doesn't work. Nor does the standard edition.
  8. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

    Games with Gold and DLC

    Hi
    RileyRebel129
    ,

    It would depend on the game that's being given away. Some games don't have much gameplay value to them so if there is extra content in the form of DLC it will probably be included. If you own a deluxe edition disc but the GWG version of the game is a 'standard
    edition' you would still be able to use the DLC content with the standard version as long as you've downloaded that DLC content to your console at least once it will be associated with your downloads/purchase history and always be available to you as long
    as you're using the same account to play (standard version will detect if the DLC content is on your console even if its DLC that you unlocked through your deluxe edition disc).

    Happy Gaming!
  9. Jesse E' Win User

    How to upgrade game edition without paying full price

    Unfortunately, there is no way to upgrade the Standard Version of the game to the Deluxe Edition. You'll need to purchase the Deluxe edition as a standalone game.
Thema:

Install Deluxe Edition but Play using Standard Disc

Loading...
  1. Install Deluxe Edition but Play using Standard Disc - Similar Threads - Install Deluxe Edition

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  6. Should all 3 versions be installed at one time, standard deluxe an premium deluxe?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should all 3 versions be installed at one time, standard deluxe an premium deluxe?: Should all 3 visions be installed at once? c223860b-f9d1-40c5-8374-5291f404f21a
  7. I bought Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection and cant install it it just...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection and cant install it it just...: I recently purchased the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection, but I'm encountering issues during the installation process. Every time I try to install the game, I receive the...
  8. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  9. Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition: Hi all, I need assistance with following problem. Scenario: I have redeemed a code to purchase MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition. When I try to install and launch from above page to XBox app, I...
  10. I can not re-install Flight Simulator Premium delux on my new computer

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not re-install Flight Simulator Premium delux on my new computer: Hello, I bought a new computer and decided to uninstall MICROSOFT Flight Simulator Premium delux and reinstall it on the new computer. The uninstall went fine. But when I try to install the...