Insider here: Anyone else having issues installing certain disc on the Series X?

Discus and support Insider here: Anyone else having issues installing certain disc on the Series X? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just bought Sonic Frontiers and woudn't install at all. Put in AC: Valhalla that I also bought today the console instantly read it booted and started... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/reiku78, Nov 27, 2022.

  1. /u/reiku78
    /u/reiku78 Guest

    Insider here: Anyone else having issues installing certain disc on the Series X?


    Just bought Sonic Frontiers and woudn't install at all. Put in AC: Valhalla that I also bought today the console instantly read it booted and started to read. Anyone else having this kind of issue?

    submitted by /u/reiku78
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/reiku78, Nov 27, 2022
    #1
  2. DojoMax Win User

    Will NBA 2k24 for Xbox series X game disc work on my Xbox one? Are series X games compatible with One consoles or only vice versa?

    NO! Unlike some games that have an Xbox One version that will upgrade to the the S|X version if you put it in a series X, NBA2K for S|X is a complete different version than the Xbox One version and it will not work if you put the disc inside of an Xbox One. Xbox One cannon run a Series X game and putting a Series X disc inside an X1 will not install the X1 version.
  3. Pete Brown [MSFT] Win User

    Xbox One won't load or play several of my Blu-ray discs

    Anyone else having issues with certain blu-ray discs?
  4. Cyber Silver Win User

    Cannot finish installation of Xbox One discs in "Offline" Mode

    If I understood well, are you not able to install disc based games on both Xbox One console and Series X when you're offline?
    Or is this happening with only one of the two consoles?
    The issue is happening on both consoles - the Xbox One and Xbox Series X. It only seems to happen with Xbox One discs. I have no issue installing Xbox 360 discs or Digital games.

    And, is this happening when you're offline?
    The issue with the Xbox One discs failing their installation at a certain percentage happens both online and offline. However, I discovered a workaround for the issue for when I am connected Online (searching for the game on the Store to initiate the download, as opposed to visiting My Games and Apps). However, I am now trying to find a solution that would allow me to install these discs while in Offline mode specifically, as the workaround doesn't work while Offline.
  5. Gee Dubya Win User

    Xbox Series X Not Reading Some Game Discs

    Thank you for the reply!

    I have now tried all of these steps and am still having the same problems.

    I actually returned the first Xbox Series X that I got because it had this issue. The second one I got is having this same issue. The disc drive on the new console reads certain games and all blu-ray movies I have tested so it isn't a bad drive.

    As stated in the original post there are no scuffs, scratches, or smudges on the discs so this is not an issue with the disc.

    Also, as stated in the original post the same issue occurs on my sister's Xbox Series X which leads me to believe this is an issue with all Xbox Series X consoles only being able to read certain Xbox One game discs.

    I will double check all of my game discs and make a complete list of what doesn't work and then confirm that all of these discs work on the Xbox One X.

    I have been an Xbox gamer since the OG Xbox and have never been more frustrated and disappointed in a new console.
  6. ethanmcmillen Win User

    Games not downloading

    Yes it detects there is a disc inside it just doesn’t start installing

    Does the same with movies

    It’s just the games that say Xbox one the games that say Xbox series x and Xbox one starts installing right away

    Not Receiving any error codes
Thema:

Insider here: Anyone else having issues installing certain disc on the Series X?

Loading...
  1. Insider here: Anyone else having issues installing certain disc on the Series X? - Similar Threads - Insider here Anyone

  2. Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Got 100% in Fast & Furious Horizon 2, Mythic award stuck at 96% Beta level insider: Yesterday I went looking at my games to see if any were close to 100%. I found the fast and furious Forza Horizon 2 game was only missing the 50,000 point skill chain achievement. I took the...
  3. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. Leaving the insider beta preview

    in XboX Insiders
    Leaving the insider beta preview: If I wanted to leave the beta preview right now would it make me do a factory refresh my party's are bugging and the new features aren't important enough for me to sacrifice actually playing games...
  6. Is it too late to enroll in Insider program for Mythic Achievements?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is it too late to enroll in Insider program for Mythic Achievements?: As the title says, I tried enrolling, but the only option I have is Omega and there was no update or changes submitted by /u/ToastBubbles [link] [comments]
  7. Mythic achievement I’ve joined the Xbox Insiders as it says on the Xbox Wire website that...

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic achievement I’ve joined the Xbox Insiders as it says on the Xbox Wire website that...: I’ve joined the Xbox Insiders as it says on the Xbox Wire website that they get it early and I still can’t find it can someone help me I can’t see anything about my Xbox needs updating aswell and...
  8. Had to reapply again to be an insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Had to reapply again to be an insider: Recently upgraded from the Series S to the X and I had to reapply to be an insider again. Is this normal because I don’t remember having to do that when upgrading from the Xbox One. Thanks :)...
  9. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  10. Support Virtual Agent is Here to Help for Xbox Insiders!

    in XboX Insiders
    Support Virtual Agent is Here to Help for Xbox Insiders!: Hey Xbox Insiders! We've recently made the new Support Virtual Agent available to Xbox Insiders in the United States and with English selected as their preferred language, and you can learn all...