Insanely slow download speeds on pc xbox app

Discus and support Insanely slow download speeds on pc xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i've recently gotten gamepass and after trying to download some games, the download speeds are just unbereable. it's downloading at around 3-4 MB/s on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by trebiscotti, Aug 29, 2022.

1. trebiscotti
    trebiscotti Guest

i've recently gotten gamepass and after trying to download some games, the download speeds are just unbereable. it's downloading at around 3-4 MB/s on a ~100MB/s connection. yes i have performed speedtests literally at the same time as downloading said games and they show the usual 900 Mbps download speed. i've also tried downloading games from other platforms such as steam, origin and epic and all of them download at the right speed. i've tried reinstalling the xbox app, restarting the pc, restarting the router, literally anything and nothing seems to work. even task manager indicated the xbox app was only using about 1% of the network. any ideas?

:)

trebiscotti, Aug 29, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Trebiscotti! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Try this please

Step 1: Close Windows Store app if it’s running.

Step 2: In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

Step 3: Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option.

Step 4: restart Pc and Modem/router
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

What would you rather? - Internet

If by slow, you mean I can do what I do currently, then slow but reliable, I have no real need for insane speeds, I'm not constantly downloading huge files.
  4. BakyOsijekHr Win User

I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl

Insane speeds dear sir. People are usually upset with 10 mbps. You are lucky one. Congratulations. All I can do is to give you link here.

Whish you the best of luck. I feel the need, the need for the speed!
  5. Crystal007M Win User

Why is the download speed on Xbox PC so slow?

Hi XBF,

Thank you for the tips, I do note that these tips are for a actual Xbox whereas I use PC Xbox App. So definitely no games running. My brother uses actual Xbox in our house and his speeds are fine, over 30 mb/s it only seems to be the PC Xbox app that is slow at downloading (as noted I download games from Steam on same PC and speed is fine). Any recommendations?

Thank you
  6. NaZoooom Win User

Downloading game

Thema:

1. Insanely slow download speeds on pc xbox app - Similar Threads - Insanely slow download

2. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  3. 360 GAMERPIC DRIVING ME INSANE!

in XBoX Accessibility
    360 GAMERPIC DRIVING ME INSANE!: So recently Microsoft added the ability to use your old 360 gamer pics, the only problem I’m having is that I had one from about a year ago and a few days ago I changed the picture on my 360, when...
  4. Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...: Can someone please help me before I football kick my phone across the room at mach ten. 7702d1fe-6045-46cc-9fbc-2cd9f6fa219e
  5. Why didn't I get the achievement for beating insane on Gears 3.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why didn't I get the achievement for beating insane on Gears 3.: Im playing through all of the Gears of War games with my daughter and while she was away I decided to play on Insane mode because it's far to hard for her. I finally beat Gears of War 3 on insane...
  6. This is insane !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This is insane !: I am being constantly charged from Microsoft*ultimate for 18.73 for two years now . I contact my bank and asked them to block all charges from Microsoft but Microsoft keeps changing their name To...
  7. Anyone else experience insanely slow dashboard navigation/loading in general after most...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else experience insanely slow dashboard navigation/loading in general after most...: Alpha Skip Ahead here. When I turn on my Xbox Series X, the whole home screen takes a long time to completely load. Search for game updates, the same thing. Even simple things like profiles and...
  8. Is Microsoft aware of the insane Aiming down sight Xbox bug on the series X/S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Microsoft aware of the insane Aiming down sight Xbox bug on the series X/S?: Hello! Today I encountered a critical gamebreaking bug on the Xbox series X when I start to play Sea of Thieves. I logged in and tried to aim down sights with my sniper rifle and shoot but it...
  9. Pricing differences between regions is insane

in XBoX on Windows
    Pricing differences between regions is insane: Look, I get it. VAT and taxes are a thing, I get that Microsoft is looking to make a profit and governments can be just greedy. I also get it that everyone will just tell me: "That's the way it...
  10. Gears of War 4 - Inconceivable Difficulty Not Unlocked After Completing on Insane.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 - Inconceivable Difficulty Not Unlocked After Completing on Insane.: Hi, I recently completed Gears of War 4 on Co-Op Insane. I got the achievement for completing the campaign on Insane but it hasn't unlocked the ability to play on the Inconceivable difficulty....