INPUT LAG GAMEPAD ON SERIES X ON GAMES BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

Discus and support INPUT LAG GAMEPAD ON SERIES X ON GAMES BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi friends. I bought a Series X mainly for compatibility with older games, previously I had a PS4 Pro and PS5. I sold them both and bought the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AnthonyClass, Oct 4, 2022.

1. AnthonyClass
    AnthonyClass Guest

Hi friends.

I bought a Series X mainly for compatibility with older games, previously I had a PS4 Pro and PS5.

I sold them both and bought the Xbox.

I have Input Lag on the gamepad (not to be confused with Net or Monitor Lag) I know exactly what I'm talking about.

when the Series X is activated the compatibility mode with its previous games does not work very smoothly.

For example, I am a fan of Black Ops, because the old 1, 2 and 4 I cannot play because it is a very large and very annoying delay in the gamepad.

I understand that this happens with many more games...

and xbox wants to include these games to GamePass? with these problems?

I have the ELITE 2 gamepad and tried to give another type of aiming curve but it still has LAG...

any help on this? greetings friends!

:)

AnthonyClass, Oct 4, 2022
  2. Nickvvv Win User

I’ve been looking for this for a few days now, and I am having the exact same issue. It is NOT a controller issue, it is completely due to the Xbox series X. In my case, I played call of duty Black Ops (1) on my Xbox one , everything was smooth and even played BETTER than on the 360. I recently got the Series X and it made this game nearly unplayable. I know this isn’t a controller issue due to the fact that I am using the same controller for the Xbox one. (It’s a series X controller) the issue specifically that I’m having is with the stick input delay. I move the stick and there’s a noticeable delay when it moves the characters view in game( input). it makes it extremely hard to play FPS games (that rely on looking around with the analog stick) that are reverse compatible (xbox 360 games). Again, no issue on the Xbox one, only the series X. I’ve had to other issues with this on current gen FPS games. Although I do feel the same input delay when I play Overwatch 2. I’m not sure if that is a related issue or just one of the OW2 unique crossplatform setup. I’ve changed look sensitivity for Black Ops, thinking it was that did not change a thing. This is my favorite game and the main reason I got the series C and I’m extremely disappointed I can’t enjoy the game anymore with this issue .
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, sorry for the inconveniences
    Please report this problem to the Xbox team, you can find the full steps if needed in my previous reply

Don't forget to be as detailed as possible and share your specific setup (controller, screen, Xbox config, etc) in that way is more easy to them to replicate the issue.
    Hopefully it will be reviewed and fixed as soon as possible
  4. AnthonyClass Win User

When I had PS5 backwards compatibility with PS4 was much smoother and faster than series x
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Have you updated the controller firmware using the accessories app?
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Backwards compatibility with PS4 is essentially trivial as the hardware is nearly identical

Can you take a video demonstrating your lag?
Thema:

1. INPUT LAG GAMEPAD ON SERIES X ON GAMES BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE - Similar Threads - INPUT LAG GAMEPAD

2. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  3. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay: Hi there! In October, I purchased another Xbox Carbon Controller plus a new Xbox Adapter. I gave me previous Xbox Carbon Controller and adapter to my brother. Thing is, my previous wireless...
  5. Fortnite lag spikes and input lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite lag spikes and input lag: I play fortnite competitive and been having problems with inputlag and lag spikes My pc and xbox are both experiencing the same problems when I'm in game, I don't play any other games competitive...
  6. remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine: so in the past ive used remote play with my xbox and it worked fine but now after some time when i remote play and play fortnite or warzone 2 my controller has way too much input lag icant move in...
  7. Input lag from series x controller on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input lag from series x controller on pc: when i use the rechargable battery (first-party not third party) i get input lag and joystick drift. this doesn't happen when i use regular batteries or plug the controller in to my pc. I have...
  8. Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.: Hi, I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X ) both of those machine will remote play to my...
  9. Input lag on my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Input lag on my xbox account: Ever since I added a second and third account to my Xbox I’ve noticed more input lag when playing games? I’ve also noticed one of my accounts has more input lag than the other? Why hasn’t this...
  10. How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games: I have an issue with input lag mouse movement on several games using mouse razer death adder v.2 I think it's mouse acceleration lag as I overshoot the target location with the curser all the...