Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for Xbox One & Xbox 360 disc does not work in the 360

Discus and support Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for Xbox One & Xbox 360 disc does not work in the 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The game says that it's compatible with both Xboxs. I've successfully played it on the Xbone, where it's basically a downloaded game. The device seems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DashingX360, Mar 4, 2019.

1. DashingX360
    DashingX360 Guest

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for Xbox One & Xbox 360 disc does not work in the 360

The game says that it's compatible with both Xboxs. I've successfully played it on the Xbone, where it's basically a downloaded game. The device seems to read the disc well enough to get confirmation of a disc being present.

However, the disc is not recognized by the 360. Sometimes I've placed it in the drive and the 360 thinks it's a DVD; at other times, it doesn't even recognize a disc has been loaded.

The 360 reads "regular" 360 discs fine. Is it possible that the 360 is so old (probably bought it in 2008) that its disc laser can't read the hybrid one for IGAU? Or is it more likely a problem with the disc, even though it was recognized without issue in
    the Xbone?

:)

DashingX360, Mar 4, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Dashing,

Thanks for the reply with the update and the pics! Based on the packaging for
    Injustice: Gods Among Us
    , it looks as if that disc is for Xbox One usage, not Xbox 360 (it was originally a 360 title). When looking up the game online and doing a bit of research, it came out for 360 shortly prior to the Xbox One itself launched, which
    then prompted the later production of the Ultimate Edition for the Xbox One with added characters, etc.

The packaging itself does allude that it would be playable on the 360; however, since it was recoded for the Xbox One to enable play on the 360 emulator, a standard 360 may not be able to read the disc, even though the packaging states otherwise. It likely
    is intended for 360 game play. Seems like this isn't solely felt by you though, as I was able to find a YouTube video of another individual having the same issue.

That being said, I'm glad that you have an Xbox One that you can play this awesome game on! You may want to try to see if any other 360 console can read the game as well and if your 360 is able to read all other 360 game discs or DVDs, etc, then you likely
    don't have an issue with the disc reader itself, but just in case you'd like to troubleshoot that as a precaution: Xbox 360 Disc Drive Solution.

Hope that this helps out!
  3. Burst Axe Win User

Injustice Battle arena

4. DashingX360 Win User

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

@XBF_Diego_M

The 360's able to read any disc I've tried that came in Xbox 360 packaging, e.g.

[​IMG]

just not the one that came in Xbox One packaging, e.g.

[​IMG]

@Obsessive_Power

Maybe it's a XGD3 disc thing, and I've got one of those faulty drives from early on?

It's not super important in any case, as I can play the game on the Xbone; I was mostly just curious as to why it wasn't working.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

By the looks of it the Xbox 360 disc drive may be going bad based on the testing you have done. If it works on the Xbox One I don't see how it would be a disc issue.

What do you mean by "regular" 360 discs that are detected fine by the 360?

Either way if the same disc is read by the Xbox One then I believe the issue lies with the disc drive in the Xbox 360.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

A dying or dead DVD optical drive on that old 360 would be the issue here, not the disc.

The original Xbox 360 spec had a maximum DVD size for 360 titles at 6.8GB. Later in the Xbox 360 lifestyle a drive firmware update allowed all 360 consoles to read discs of 7.8GB in size. There was an isolated issue with some 360 consoles not being able
    to read later titles because of hardware faults with some earlier 360 consoles with different DVD drives.

Regardless, if your Xbox One can read the game but the old 360 can't, the fault is with your old 360, not the game disc.
Thema:

1. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for Xbox One & Xbox 360 disc does not work in the 360 - Similar Threads - Injustice Gods Among

2. God Save A Queen an offense?

in XBoX on Windows
    God Save A Queen an offense?: Why does writing "God Save The Queen" an offense according to Xbox enforcement? I m British, we have a Queen, she passed away last year, who did I offend when I post my grief...
  3. Injustice 2 Edition Discrepancy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Injustice 2 Edition Discrepancy: I recently reinstalled Injustice 2 and noticed between the game's files and my Xbox the editions are different, and I can't play DLC characters because of it. The game loads and plays as...
  4. Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...: Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 can't download even though I own the Injustice 2 legendary edition? I try to install it but I cant click it, and I tried to see it in my billing...
  5. Issues downloading Injustice Legendary Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues downloading Injustice Legendary Edition: I purchased the MK11 Ultimate + Injustice Legendary Edition Bundle. MK11 is working perfectly, but on the other hand, Injustice is just showing me the standard version and asking me to purchase...
  6. I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try...: I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try to use the characters and new skins asked me to buy again dlcs can I have assistance please ?...
  7. I downloaded Injustice 2 but I downloaded standard instead of the legendary edition on pc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded Injustice 2 but I downloaded standard instead of the legendary edition on pc...: So I downloaded injustice 2 on my pc. I have injustice 2 legendary edition but I accidently downloaded the standard edition on my pc and it wont let me access the DLC's, and I don't have my...
  8. Injustice only on PC in Romania?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Injustice only on PC in Romania?: I bought Injustice 2 from the official xbox website in romania and it says that its pc only but not xbox? Why is that since all injustice version outside of romania support xbox one (the console...
  9. I bought injustice 2 legendary edition pc version on Xbox. When I installed the game the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought injustice 2 legendary edition pc version on Xbox. When I installed the game the...: I bought injustice 2 legendary edition pc version on Xbox. When I installed the game the DLCs that are supposed to come with it are not showing in-game. Why is that and is there any solution?...
  10. Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 downloading even though i own the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 downloading even though i own the...: I have had this bundle for quite a while now and never downloaded injustice 2 on my pc until yesterday, when I can't download any of the DLC for injustice 2 on top of the standard version being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. injustice gods among us ultimate disc xbox