Increase the Memory allocated on my External Hard Drive for my Xbox 360

Discus and support Increase the Memory allocated on my External Hard Drive for my Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Previously, I configured an external hard drive so that it can be used with my Xbox 360. I decided, at that time, to only allocate about 15GB for Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jelluo, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jelluo
    Jelluo Guest

Previously, I configured an external hard drive so that it can be used with my Xbox 360. I decided, at that time, to only allocate about 15GB for Xbox 360 stuff.

However, later, I want to install more stuff on the External Hard Drive. I have read the topics on USBs, but nothing explains how I can increase the amount of space used for Xbox 360. My External Hard Drive has about 200GB so I know I have enough room on
    there since I've only used about 15 so far. There is also no "USB" option when I check the memory.

:)

Jelluo, Jan 1, 2014
  2. siddo1
    siddo1 Guest
    backward compatablity games!!

backward compatability games.

i have a 4gb 360 with internal memory unit,i found out 1 of my xbox originals,ODDWORLD,MUNCH'S ODDYSEE,tried to play the game but when it was loaded it stated an external hard drive is required to play original xbox games,can somebody advise me on this issue
    please!!

i have also connected up my old external hard drive to my new 360 to increase the available memory,i have used the xbox data transfer cable which my new xbox reads as a storage device yet the old games still wont play?? they are on the list generated by
    xbox for classic old games,can anybody help me with this isssue please??

chris siddons. L: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

siddo1, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Regarding "Xbox 360 250GB Console"

I understand that the "Xbox 360 4GB Console" has the 4 gigabytes built in, but does this also apply for the "Xbox 360 250GB Console" as well or does the "Xbox 360 250GB Console" include a removable hard drive instead?
    I wanted to know this because I will most likly be getting a "Xbox 360 250GB Console" as I will need a lot of space and I would like to know if it has 250 gigabytes of external memory, so that I can increase the space a tremendous
    amount, by adding either a 250GB or 320GB hard drive to go along with the possible external memory.

Magnificentness, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Increase the Memory allocated on my External Hard Drive for my Xbox 360

It should show up as "Memory Unit" if I remember correctly. You would have to select it in system preferences/storage and tell it how large of a partition you want to use for the Xbox. Two things, first it will delete the entire drive and second you can
    only use up to 32 gigabytes of it. See the enclosed link for further details.

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 1, 2014
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

It should show up as "Memory Unit" if I remember correctly. You would have to select it in system preferences/storage and tell it how large of a partition you want to use for the Xbox. Two things, first it will delete the entire drive and second you can
    only use up to 32 gigabytes of it. See the enclosed link for further details.

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

New External HDD works with Old xbox?

External (USB) hard drives will work on any model Xbox 360 in the same way a USB Flash memory. Regardless of the size of the hard drive, the X360 will only use a maximum of 16Gb of that memory. The rest of the memory will not
    be available.
  7. TheMonkeySeeker Win User

External Hard Drive Not Recognised By Xbox One S Upon Waking.

Nevermind.

I took the SSHD out of the enclosure and replaced the hard drive in my PS4 (increasing it's capacity from 500GB to 1TB). Then I took the 1TB external hard drive from my PS4 and made it the external hard drive for my Xbox and no longer have the issue.

It seems it was either the SSHD or the enclosure that didn't seem to quite work right as an external hard drive on the Xbox. Either way problem solved.
  8. dudeskis01 Win User

The lack of replacable HDD slot is a joke !

[quote user="ArmyMedic75"]

Yes but how will they allocate the space from the external hard drives. I had a 300gb external drive that only allowed me to use 16gigs of it once formatted for the 360

[/quote]

that was because it was limited to fat32 file system.
  9. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

battlefield 4 installation problem

The internal storage in your Xbox 360 is flash memory, not a hard drive. You'll need to attach storage externally or purchase an Xbox 360 HDD.

Hard Drives

Thema:

1. Increase the Memory allocated on my External Hard Drive for my Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Increase Memory allocated

2. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  3. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  4. 1000 friends limit increase please , I can't make more

in XboX Insiders
    1000 friends limit increase please , I can't make more: I have 1000 friends but can't make more... submitted by /u/Jaded_Nefariousness1 [link] [comments]
  5. Achievements unlocking, but gamerscore and leaderboard score isn't increasing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements unlocking, but gamerscore and leaderboard score isn't increasing.: I'm on xbox one and not sure if this has been happening, but I definitely noticed it today when I unlocked my last achievement on a game. It shows as unlocked on the day I did it, but didn't pop...
  6. How can I increase fps on fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I increase fps on fortnite?: How can i increase my fps on fortnite because it only runs it at 30 fps and i would really love 60 fps but it just won't happen. I tried performance mode and everything. Its so bad that it goes...
  7. How can i increase download time in the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i increase download time in the xbox app?: Ive recently gotten the xbox gamepass, and have a lot of free space on my computer, so naturally i started downloading games, however i quicly stopped doing this, beacause the downlodspeed was too...
  8. TV volume increases to max when contoller connects

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TV volume increases to max when contoller connects: I have a Wireless controller Series X that I use for cloud gaming with a Samsung TV model S95B. Most of the times, as soon as the controller connects to the TV via Bluetooth, the TV volume moves...
  9. Can I increase the space used for saved data on a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I increase the space used for saved data on a game: I'm playing starfield I need more space for saved data. Is it possible to increase the amount of space used. 19a53477-e6e9-420f-9b2a-1c59d9499142
  10. Hello, my name is siddarth, I want to increase my vram.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, my name is siddarth, I want to increase my vram.: I have Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe graphics 98d836be-d9a9-469d-9e08-2949135848b0