Inconsistent audio issues Series X since Sept 7 2022 update

Discus and support Inconsistent audio issues Series X since Sept 7 2022 update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am still having this problem since the last update. Series X and Samsung TV. Have tried everything. Super frustrated. Sometimes I can only hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Colinnium, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Colinnium
    Colinnium Guest

I am still having this problem since the last update. Series X and Samsung TV. Have tried everything. Super frustrated.

Sometimes I can only hear menu/homescreen sounds and not in game, sometimes I can only hear sound in game and not on home screen. Occasionally solved by a hard reset or unplugging the xbox for a while, but will happen again.

:)

Colinnium, Sep 16, 2022
  2. Colinnium Win User

That's odd. I don't know if you have recent Samsung TVs, but I also have 2 Samsung TVs and in my case nothing's happening.

Could be that specific models are affected. Don't forget to attach the models in your feedback
    That helps
    One is RU7100, don't know the other one.

A quick solution until Samsung pushes a hotfix is to soft-reset the TV when the issue presents (hold the power button on the Samsung TV remote until the logo appears)
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's odd. I don't know if you have recent Samsung TVs, but I also have 2 Samsung TVs and in my case nothing's happening.

Could be that specific models are affected. Don't forget to attach the models in your feedback
    That helps
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

So, even using a different audio the issue persists. Right?

Can you try factory resetting your TV?
    Also, do the same with your console. But keep games and apps:
    Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

----------
    If the issue persists, worth trying performing an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed/updated from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If even after that the issue persists, the next step will be report this problem to the Xbox team.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this COLINNIUM

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly :

May I know if you tried connecting your console to a different TV to see if the issue persists?
    When you say hard reset, did you mean power cycle the console?
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Do you have connected the console to an AV receiver or similar?
    Also, may I know if you tried using a different sound output setting for your console?
    For example, if you're using 7.1, change it to stereo and try with each option via Xbox settings > general > volume and audio output
  6. Colinnium Win User

I have read elsewhere it might be a problem with a recent Samsung TV update.

Unfortunately I only have Samsung TVs to test on... but that would make sense why it happens on both TVs. Just leaving this here in case it helps someone else
Thema:

1. Inconsistent audio issues Series X since Sept 7 2022 update - Similar Threads - Inconsistent audio issues

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  5. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  6. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  7. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency: To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper...
  8. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...
  9. Inconsistent with Liking games, adding them to a list, or favoriting them

in XboX Insiders
    Inconsistent with Liking games, adding them to a list, or favoriting them: sometimes i go game hunting; There are tons of great games and hidden gems. It does take reading the description, watch the trailer. I like the game, but i dont want to download it just yet. Its...
  10. Inconsistent keyboard inputs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inconsistent keyboard inputs: Hi, I have an issue where a num pad key stroke should typically move the yolk by a set small increment. At times however, the increment would just by 3 or more of the usual small increments....