Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

Discus and support Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was installing Forza Horizon 5 from my Xbox pass, unfortunately, i had to reboot my pc so I paused the download and rebooted it. however, after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RajarshiChanda, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

I was installing Forza Horizon 5 from my Xbox pass, unfortunately, i had to reboot my pc so I paused the download and rebooted it. however, after opening the Xbox app, it shows there is nothing being downloaded and my disk was almost 100 GB full. I tried to download the game again but it would just show that the download is preparing then it goes back to the install option. I have tried going through the windowsapp folder, I found no game files. I have also tried WSreset.exe it did not help. I tried uninstalling the app, but the problem persists.I checked the properties of C: disk. there is only about 175 gb of files in it but when i check it from this pc, it says that about 310 gb is being used. Microsoft really need to fix their applications smh.

:)

RajarshiChanda, Nov 13, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'm afraid this is happening to a lot of gamers currently. Someone came up with a possible solution to address this. See here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If that doesn't help, the only option will be to reinstall windows in order to remove the file and recover the space. Apologies for the inconvenience
  3. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Hi, I'm lvnley and this is what helped me and got Forza to download!
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  4. AdamYeti Win User

Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.

In order to get rid of the corrupted download, try using one of the disk cleanup tools that come with Windows. They tend to look for any incomplete downloads and delete them to free up space.

Also, in the future, there is a pause button in the Microsoft store so you can pause the download before shutting your computer down. That way it won't get corrupted. Best of luck!
  5. RianLawson Win User

Can't complete download of game - can't delete incomplete download

Thanks tavaresjpc. internet was particularly bad last night, but that hasn't been in the case recently or when I've been downloading games.

Bob -

• 20GB hard drive.
    • It says 13.9GB free in Storage; however, when i go to Games and Apps it drops too 6.8. But doesn't show the incomplete download for the game. So it says hard drive has plenty of space for the download, but also doesn't. It should have enough space since
      as I originally mention I reformatted the hard drive to try and wipe the incomplete download.
    • Yes. When I reformatted the hard drive, I had to download my game tag/profile.
    What's happening is that despite clearing the caches and reformatting the hard drive, downloading the gamer tag again, the game download will start at 0%,but not move. At this point all I really want to do is to able to free up that space on hard drive.
    Downloading the game is secondary.
    Thanks again for your input and time.
  6. CookiieMoonsta Win User

Resident Evil 4 Problem

Got this problem today. I downloaded RE 4 before, but I needed free space, so I deleted it. Today, I wanted to play, so I started to download it again, but on 99% it says" Can't download this item"! I cleared my chache, rebooted xbox but the same thing pops
    up. Any solutions?
Thema:

1. Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space - Similar Threads - Incomplete download reboot

2. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  3. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  4. PC: Getting error code 0x800704c6 when I try and download anything however I am connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC: Getting error code 0x800704c6 when I try and download anything however I am connected...: I have recently installed additional ram however in the process fried my old ram which resulted in multiple BSOD due to the faulty ram. I replaced my old ram with the new ram I purchased along...
  5. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  6. My DLC pack will incomplete only 2 Player i have in DLC What to Do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My DLC pack will incomplete only 2 Player i have in DLC What to Do: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 96af9ff8-1cd3-4109-8df7-ff9c8d80884e
  7. Game keep saying installation incomplete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keep saying installation incomplete: hi last week I went to go on Fortnite and it said there was an error try reinstalling it. So I un installed it and tried reinstalling Fortnite but now it keeps saying installion incomplete. It...
  8. My Minecraft realm keeps saying incomplete realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft realm keeps saying incomplete realm: I recently bought a Minecraft realm a month back and it said incomplete realm so I decided to wait 30 days until I could buy the realm again It said “it looks like we didn’t finish things last...
  9. Incomplete realm but purchase succeeded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incomplete realm but purchase succeeded: I bought the minecraft realm plus on my ps5 to play and stream it’s been over a day now but every single time I attempt to create a realm I’m met with the same message of your purchase succeeded...
  10. MW3 Installation incomplete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 Installation incomplete: Hey friends, I bought COD MW3 awhile ago and then went back to the UK for a little while for family things. It wouldnt work before I left and then when I got back to Oz we had to move house and...