Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.

Discus and support Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Vaxzil, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Vaxzil
    Vaxzil Guest

I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up these gamertags in the next update. Gamertags include Goated,
    Ghost, Garfield, Baba Yaga.

:)

Vaxzil, Aug 24, 2019
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up these gamertags in the next update. Gamertags include
    Goated, Ghost, Garfield, Baba Yaga.
    In my 15 years ive only seen them free up gt once
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up these gamertags in the next update. Gamertags include
    Have a look at this Gamertag updates FAQ for changes happening to gamertag creation.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

They need to be inactive for over 2 years. So you might have to wait a very long time to gain access that name.
  5. AridLizard Win User

just because they seem inactive doesn't mean that they are.

they could be in use for MS Solitaire or one of the other casual games.
  6. ngocphi Win User

If you follow aquas link you can get the name but with a hashtag
Thema:

1. Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to. - Similar Threads - Inactive account has

2. Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?: Hi all. Just from looking around I have a suspicion that there's nothing that can be done about this, but I figured I'd ask in a last ditch attempt. A couple years back, I created a Microsoft...
  3. Inactive email linked to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive email linked to my account: Hey, I have an account the is linked to an email that is inactive. I have called the service provider and bc it’s been over 12 months without activity, it’s inactive and they will not turn it back...
  4. Can you shut down an account due to inactivity?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you shut down an account due to inactivity?: Hello, my current username is FiveAttic416209 and I would like to change it to FiveAttic. However, this name has already been taken by an account I believe is inactive. Would you be able to take...
  5. Is there a way to get a gamer tag from an inactive account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to get a gamer tag from an inactive account?: I’m interested in a gamer tag that is being used by an account that hasn’t been active in 10+ years. I’ve heard of inactive account's gamer tags becoming available after a certain amount of time....
  6. Can I take a username from an obviously inactive account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I take a username from an obviously inactive account?: Hello, I have been wanting to change my Xbox username for a year or so now, but I have run into a problem with a possible bot account. It appears that the account "", the name that I wish to...
  7. My Xbox account is currently linked to a Ubisoft account that was closed due to inactivity

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox account is currently linked to a Ubisoft account that was closed due to inactivity: My Xbox account is currently linked to a Ubisoft account that was closed due to inactivity. I have access to the email it was connected to with proof of closure I just need it unlinked so I can...
  8. My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the...: My previous microsoft account was closed for inactivity from me not logging in through the browser, however, I have been using this account to play minecraft on, and I migrated my mojang account...
  9. Will My Minecraft Account gets deleted (Linked to Microsoft Account) if im inactive for >2...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will My Minecraft Account gets deleted (Linked to Microsoft Account) if im inactive for >2...: Description in Question wise. Since Microsoft forced the linking of Minecraft (Mojang Account) to Microsoft, will my microsoft account be deleted after 2 years of inactivity because this doesn't...
  10. Inactive Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Account: Hi there! I’ve asked a similar question before, but I was wondering if I could make a call or something similar to have a possibly inactive account have its gamertag changed. I’ve been looking at...