Inability to sign in to an account after a soft reset

Discus and support Inability to sign in to an account after a soft reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently done a soft reset on my console. It was back up and running me through the normal setup options on the console. I was then prompted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BattledC99, Feb 4, 2021.

1. BattledC99
    BattledC99 Guest

I have recently done a soft reset on my console. It was back up and running me through the normal setup options on the console. I was then prompted to either add and account or sign into an account. After trying each option a couple times, each trial ended up with a black screen with a loading symbol. A couple minutes go by and the black screen and loading symbol go away with no errors or messages and I end up on the home page. Any suggestions?

:)

BattledC99, Feb 4, 2021
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Your account is already associated with this Xbox, even if there is no account

Hello MiniCooper,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning an inability to sign into your Microsoft account.

If the problem persists, try doing a soft factory reset of the console,
    reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system. Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

Try this out first and let us know the results.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Soft resets

Hi Sam, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Not at all, Sam. Your saved games and progress are automatically saved to your cloud storage as long as you're connected to Xbox Live or Xbox Network.

So make sure that you're not playing your games offline in order for your progress not to be removed.
  4. Sam Stansbury Win User

Soft resets

That is the exact problem I am having, I am connected to the internet but my Xbox doesn’t register that I am, forcing me to use offline. So it is forcing me to soft reset in order to fix everything, but I am afraid that my progress would be deleted from my single player games.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Soft resets

Please perform an extended powercycle first and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

error code 0x80190005

Hello Blaire,

Sorry for the issue trying to sign in. Would you go to
    Account website
    and make sure you are able to sign in. Once you make sure you are able to sign in with the account. We need to

soft factory reset console
    , sounds as if the software somewhere is corrupt. Once you do the soft factory reset and try and install your profile again, let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Inability to sign in to an account after a soft reset - Similar Threads - Inability sign account

2. Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s: My xbox series s suddenly started giving the above error code when I try to sign in. Everything I've looked up says its a network problem, but my internet is working perfectly, on the console and...
  3. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  4. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  5. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  6. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  7. xbox keeps signing me out!

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox keeps signing me out!: I am trying to create an account; it;s all registered and verified, but whenever I log in to cloud gaming, it automatically signs me out. Any ideas? 0d536b83-3015-4406-99ec-f12f949a5279
  8. Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One taking forever to load basically anything from [signing in to just...: My Xbox One kicked me off while I was playing GTA5 Online to do an update(1-3steps) also said my console will restart during the (1-3steps)update. After that my console takes A WHILE to load(if...
  9. XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live: SO Microsoft/Xbox, are you going to update the XBOX App on the PC BEFORE JANUARY so we can download our captures before they get wiped? Every article says you can do it through the app by clicking...
  10. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...