Inability to Download Game Despite Ownership

Discus and support Inability to Download Game Despite Ownership in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Disclaimer: I posted this elsewhere but figured I should’ve improved the categorization of the post. *ahem* Greetings Forum World, My issue is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Omnicorporeal, Nov 29, 2017.

  1. Inability to Download Game Despite Ownership


    Disclaimer: I posted this elsewhere but figured I should’ve improved the categorization of the post.

    *ahem*

    Greetings Forum World,

    My issue is simple: I cannot download a game despite purchasing it on this account. (Skyrim Remastered)

    Context: I recently reminisced about hacking away at dungeon enemies, so as any right minded individual would do, I went to download Skyrim.

    Unfortunately, I found that I no longer owned the game? Searching it in the store only offers me the option of re-purchasing it again.

    Extra: I believe that I downloaded this game around the the time of release, probably mid December of 2016.

    I hope someone can aid me in my time of need.

    :)
     
    Omnicorporeal, Nov 29, 2017
    #1
  2. Being charged for what should be free.

    Yes, it simply isn't in the "ready to be installed" tab, despite my ownership of the game, and wants me to purchase it again.
     
    CraZHoneyBadger, Nov 29, 2017
    #2
  3. mxmum258
    mxmum258 Guest
    Message "Can't Download ..."

    Ok, by that knowledge I never changed regions (countries), so what would affect the inability to download the game?
     
    mxmum258, Nov 29, 2017
    #3
  4. NateWilson7 Win User

    Unable to launch or uninstall Skyrim Special Edition.

    So I was able to take ownership of the files and delete the Skyrim files, but now when I try to download skyrim again, it does not download and gets stuck at 0% with a 0b/s download speed, despite my connection to the internet.
  5. CraZHoneyBadger Win User

    Being charged for what should be free.

    Yes, it simply isn't in the "ready to be installed" tab, despite my ownership of the game, and wants me to purchase it again.
  6. mxmum258 Win User

    Message "Can't Download ..."

    Ok, by that knowledge I never changed regions (countries), so what would affect the inability to download the game?
  7. tohellnbak Win User

    A question.. then some ranting.. read if you like

    [quote user="udubdave"]Honestly, to me, the online requirement isn't a big deal. I'm online all the time too. It's the inability to freely swap games with friends, the inability to rent games, the inability to trade in games without any restrictions.[/quote]

    Kind of feels like you would be playing on a PC.. they have been dealing with it for years...

    one thing I did notice.. the wording PS4 used on trading... "Disc" based games.... I bet by 2014-2015 all games will be digital download only...
  8. DreamcastWFC Win User

    Help with Digital Rights Management

    Thanks for the reply! My main issue at the moment is the inability to re-download the game as it's not showing up on download history when I check it on the new console.

    Thanks again for replying though!
Thema:

Inability to Download Game Despite Ownership

Loading...
  1. Inability to Download Game Despite Ownership - Similar Threads - Inability Download Game

  2. Beta preview Downloading games/updating

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta preview Downloading games/updating: I’m on the beta preview I was wondering/curious before I report anything. Is anybody else having issues that started about a month ago, when downloading or updating games, it will be downloading...
  3. To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...

    in XboX Insiders
    To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...: Ive tried Restarting my console Downloading the bundle instead of the independent app Downloading something else first submitted by /u/Uneasiermoon [link] [comments]
  4. My downloads haven't been working since yesterday

    in XboX Insiders
    My downloads haven't been working since yesterday: Speed test is pulling over a 1gb, games are downloading for like 30mbps for a bit and then just hanging. I came home today and saw only 2 games updated. One got kb in it before switching....
  5. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  6. I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library

    in XboX Insiders
    I Can't download The Saboteur from the gamepass library: I really wanted to play the saboteur but I could not because gamepass can't download it is there a solution or is this game just unplayable in 2026 submitted by /u/Cautious-Piano-9739 [link]...
  7. Issue with 360 games not showing up.in download history

    in XboX Insiders
    Issue with 360 games not showing up.in download history: I recently bought the sonic legacy collection on my series x and all the games in this bundle are on the xbox 360 so I went to download them and they just weren't listed in my download history. I...
  8. The inability to change the Xbox username from "GimGiwer" to "gimgiwer".

    in XBoX Accessibility
    The inability to change the Xbox username from "GimGiwer" to "gimgiwer".: I want to change my Xbox username from "" to "", that is, change the uppercase letters to lowercase. However, Xbox won't let me do that. Is there any way I can do it for free?...
  9. XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live

    in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live: SO Microsoft/Xbox, are you going to update the XBOX App on the PC BEFORE JANUARY so we can download our captures before they get wiped? Every article says you can do it through the app by clicking...
  10. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...