Inability to connect to WiFi

Discus and support Inability to connect to WiFi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last 48 hours we have not been able to connect wirelessly to the xbox one console (it is not hardwired). We have, over 40 times now, reset the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gecko ZX, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Gecko ZX
    Gecko ZX Guest

For the last 48 hours we have not been able to connect wirelessly to the xbox one console (it is not hardwired). We have, over 40 times now, reset the modem and router in our home. ALL other wireless devices are working perfectly. We did get connected one
    time (randomly?) however when my son shut off his console it would not connect via wifi again after turning it back on.We have done the system restore 4 times and now, due to the inability to connect to wifi, we can not get past the internet stage of setting
    it back up. The black xbox one console that we have is about a year old and gets used mainly on weekends so I would doubt that over-use or abuse would come in to play. We are incredibly frustrated and disappointed with xbox technical support thus far. PLEASE HELP !

:)

Gecko ZX, Dec 10, 2017
  2. CS Radical
    CS Radical Guest
    Not able to sign into xbox live as of 4-13-13 plz help!!

I'm able to connect to XBL but problems still remain.

Inability to send/receive messages and inability to join parties or invite people into them.

CS Radical, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Inability to Connect to Xbox Live

Killa Cruton. I'm in Marchetti West. I wonder what my other friends are saying now, because after this problem occurred, I consulted some of my friends in places like Clemens and Gries, and they said they had no problem getting xbox live from their video
    gaming sources. Maybe their answer has changed if what LiquidNitro12 said was true.

LiquidNitro12: That is depressing news. Thanks for the heads up. Though I fear there won't be much that can be done to fix this (and so I will be losing about $40 because I cannot connect for most of the year, at least I know what is happening.

Tomahawk00984, Dec 10, 2017
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Network not Connecting

Hi Raze,

Sorry for the inability to connect to wifi. We recommend clearing the alt mac address then try to connect. To do this go to settings>network>network settings>adv settings>alt mac>clear and restart.

Try this and let us know.

Brad
  5. CS Radical Win User

Not able to sign into xbox live as of 4-13-13 plz help!!

I'm able to connect to XBL but problems still remain.

Inability to send/receive messages and inability to join parties or invite people into them.
  6. Ice_Moose Win User

Xbox One X - No Network when Waking from Instant-On

The issue seems to be at the OS level. My old Xbox One has been working fine for quite a long time until an software update a few months ago. After that, with instant on enables Xbox randomly losses ability to see any WiFi networks (sometimes there is a
    period of a graduate decay of functionality, when after wake it's able to find WiFi connection after a couple minutes pause, but eventually it goes into complete loss of WiFi connectivity and inability to see any WiFi networks around).

At first I suspected my old Xbox hardware, but recently I got a new Xbox One X and after a couple of weeks it got exactly in the same state as the old one.

So, all indicators are pointing towards a bug in Xbox OS (Win 10 presumably).

A workaround that seem to help in my case is a cold boot (unplugging Xbox power cord).
  7. RockyMtn22 Win User

Titanfall connection issues

I'm experiencing an inability to connect today as well. Bumping a month old thread. Unfortunate.
  8. Tomahawk00984 Win User

Inability to Connect to Xbox Live

ITS currently argues that the network has been slow due to overuse of bandwidth. However many of us are observing a decrease in network capability since the blocking of the port (internet is worse/slower now).

Furthermore they speak of blocking it due to Bandwidth. They argue that Xbox Live uses at most 150 MB per hour. I don't know if this can be confirmed by any of you. However it has been found by our research that both YouTube and Netflix use well over 1 GB
    per hour (Netflix using approx 2.3 gbph).
Thema:

1. Inability to connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - Inability connect WiFi

2. Xbox party and game connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party and game connection issue: I’m currently at college and I’m trying to play Xbox with other people here. When we try to connect to an Xbox party nobody can connect and it gets disbanded. This occurs with some games like...
  3. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  4. My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect: I can watch YouTube but can’t load any games it just says I’m offline, I have tried Power cycling, unplugging Xbox and router and restarting I’ve soft reset and cleared alternative MAC address,...
  5. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  6. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  7. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One won't connect to TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't connect to TV: I have an Xbox One, it was working fine until one day I went to turn it on and it wouldn't connect to my TV. The console turns on, but my TV still says, "Is it on?" I've tried restarting it,...
  9. XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live: SO Microsoft/Xbox, are you going to update the XBOX App on the PC BEFORE JANUARY so we can download our captures before they get wiped? Every article says you can do it through the app by clicking...
  10. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...