Inability to connect to game server errors.

Discus and support Inability to connect to game server errors. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Now before i get into this too much, I can get my XB1 to play multi-player BUT, i have to jump through a few hoops to make it work each time i call for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GreenBull92, Jan 4, 2014.

1. GreenBull92
    GreenBull92 Guest

Now before i get into this too much, I can get my XB1 to play multi-player BUT, i have to jump through a few hoops to make it work each time i call for the system to come out of standby mode and into a multi-player match.

My connection type: Wireless, (Excellent Strength)

My connection speed: 30 Down/10 Up

My NAT type is OPEN (However the Xbox One sometimes says my connection is behind a Cone-NAT).

I called my ISP and they said the problem is on Microsoft's side NOT theirs.

Conditions for my XB1 to connect to any multi-player game server:

Start game

Go to multiplayer

See Error screen

Go back to settings

Do a multi-player network test to "prove" i indeeed do have a connection to Xbox Live.

Once i get the "It's all good message" i do the diagnostic function by holding down LT+RT+LB+RB, view connection speeds, then go back to my multi-player game and re-connect to servers and start a match.

Overall it takes 3 mintues each time i want to play a multi-player game match, and i have to do this whenever i switch games or put the system back into standby mode.

Outside of the following I will take any other suggestions to rectify the error:

What's you connection type?

What's your connection speed for download? Upload?

OPEN, MODERATE, OR CLOSED NAT?

Did you try power cycling your modem?

Call your ISP?

:)

GreenBull92, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Gecko ZX
    Gecko ZX Guest
    Inability to connect to WiFi

For the last 48 hours we have not been able to connect wirelessly to the xbox one console (it is not hardwired). We have, over 40 times now, reset the modem and router in our home. ALL other wireless devices are working perfectly. We did get connected one
    time (randomly?) however when my son shut off his console it would not connect via wifi again after turning it back on.We have done the system restore 4 times and now, due to the inability to connect to wifi, we can not get past the internet stage of setting
    it back up. The black xbox one console that we have is about a year old and gets used mainly on weekends so I would doubt that over-use or abuse would come in to play. We are incredibly frustrated and disappointed with xbox technical support thus far. PLEASE HELP !

Gecko ZX, Jan 4, 2014
  3. CS Radical
    CS Radical Guest
    Not able to sign into xbox live as of 4-13-13 plz help!!

I'm able to connect to XBL but problems still remain.

Inability to send/receive messages and inability to join parties or invite people into them.

CS Radical, Jan 4, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Regardless of what your ISP said......You need to get your NAT open all the time. Have you enabled UpNP in your router? If you do not have a UpNP feature (highly unlikely unless you have an old router) then you can forward ports for Xbox Live.

Also it would be worth it to try and wire the xbox with an Ethernet cable to see if you have a wireless issue as well.

BusGod, Jan 4, 2014
  5. GreenBull92,

Also, have you tried power cycling your console yet? With the console on, press and hold the console power button for 8 seconds until the console turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn the console back on and see if the problem persists. Unlike restarting
    your console, power cycling clears the cache and resets the network card which might resolve the problems you are having.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 4, 2014
  6. frmmmcgovern
    frmmmcgovern Guest
    I have the same issue and didn't have any until this recent hack issue. now I have full xbox live service internet is good but I can't play any online multiplayer. I have ran a static ip setup with port forward and I have had no resolve. I've switched to
    another internet at my fire station and still the same issue I've checked all peramiters on my routers and gateways. upnp is on and it's all good, the nat says that it's behind a firewall and I go to firewall on my gateway and it's completly open and not on.
    when I multipalyer check it says it's behine a firewall for nat and I can't connect to the toredo Ip.

frmmmcgovern, Dec 30, 2014
  7. Hey there Mack G 69!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  8. BusGod Win User

Regardless of what your ISP said......You need to get your NAT open all the time. Have you enabled UpNP in your router? If you do not have a UpNP feature (highly unlikely unless you have an old router) then you can forward ports for Xbox Live.

Also it would be worth it to try and wire the xbox with an Ethernet cable to see if you have a wireless issue as well.
  9. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there Mack G 69!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  10. frmmmcgovern Win User

I have the same issue and didn't have any until this recent hack issue. now I have full xbox live service internet is good but I can't play any online multiplayer. I have ran a static ip setup with port forward and I have had no resolve. I've switched to
    another internet at my fire station and still the same issue I've checked all peramiters on my routers and gateways. upnp is on and it's all good, the nat says that it's behind a firewall and I go to firewall on my gateway and it's completly open and not on.
    when I multipalyer check it says it's behine a firewall for nat and I can't connect to the toredo Ip.
  11. eG x Thee Elf Win User

GreenBull92,

Also, have you tried power cycling your console yet? With the console on, press and hold the console power button for 8 seconds until the console turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn the console back on and see if the problem persists. Unlike restarting
    your console, power cycling clears the cache and resets the network card which might resolve the problems you are having.
  12. Georges C. Win User

Death Strandind - Error : (0x80070102)

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Theo, is this error only happening with Death Strandind, or with any more games trying to start on your PC?

It is usually related to poor connection and the App's inability to connect to authentication servers.
Thema:

1. Inability to connect to game server errors. - Similar Threads - Inability connect game

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  4. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  5. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  6. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  7. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  8. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  9. XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX App on the PC and the INABILITY to download captures from XBOX Live: SO Microsoft/Xbox, are you going to update the XBOX App on the PC BEFORE JANUARY so we can download our captures before they get wiped? Every article says you can do it through the app by clicking...
  10. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...