In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions

Discus and support In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox version 2211.1001.24.0 Game service version 8.71.8001.0 Xbox Game Bar version 5.822.10271.0 [img] w I can only choose the disk partition as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 博 张1, Nov 10, 2022.

1. 博 张1
    博 张1 Guest

In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions

Xbox version 2211.1001.24.0

Game service version 8.71.8001.0

Xbox Game Bar version 5.822.10271.0

In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions [​IMG]
    w

I can only choose the disk partition as shown above↑,BUT! I do have an I drive。↓

In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions [​IMG]

Also, in settings options - general - game installation options,I can choose I drive,but I can not choose folder!

Please, how can I solve this problem?

:)

博 张1, Nov 10, 2022
  2. 博 张1 Win User

I: drive is already formatted as NTFS

[​IMG]

step1

[​IMG]

step2

[​IMG]

BUT!This problem still exists.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this 博

Please double check if this I: drive is already formatted as NTFS (it’s a requirement)

For this open file explorer > my computer > right click on the drive > properties > next to file system

If the drive is already formatted as NTFS go to Windows settings > system > storage > advance storage options (only windows 11) > where new content is saved > under apps select the I: drive.

After that restart the PC, try downloading an app using the Microsoft store. Then check the Xbox app and verify if you’re able to use this drive
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

PC Game Pass games not launching properly | Uninstall-Reinstall Workaround?

Would you please try to create another partition to test?

Go to Start > Seach and open Disk Management.

Select the disk from which you want to make a partition.

Right-click the Unpartitioned space in the bottom pane and select New Simple Volume.

Enter the size, click next and you are done.

Then, open the Xbox App.

Click on your Profile picture > Select Settings.

In the Xbox Settings, go to General Section > Game install options.

Click on the drop-down and change it to the new partition created.

Also change the default location for new apps in Windows to this new partition:

Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the new partition.

Try to install a new game on this partition to test and let me know how it goes.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Sea of Thieves stops installing at 90%

You could try to create another partition on your hard drive and try to install it there. Would you please try it?

- Right-click This PC and select Manage.

- Open Disk Management.

- Select the disk from which you want to make a partition.

- Right-click the Unpartitioned space in the bottom pane and select New Simple Volume.

- Enter the size and click next, and you are done.

Then, on the Xbox App, select this new partition as the default game installation drive:

- Open Xbox app.

- Click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options.

- Open Xbox settings

- Click on General.

- Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default.

Also, please try changing the default location for new apps in Windows to this new partition:

- Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

Then, please perform the Reset and Repair steps of my first reply on the Microsoft store, the Xbox app and the Gaming services one more time. Restart your computer and try to install Sea of Thieves on this new partition and please let me know how it goes.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Reinstalling No Mans Sky giving error 0x87e00196 when reaching 0% downloaded.

In this case, I would recommend you to create another partition and try to install the game on this new partition:

- Right-click This PC and select Manage.

- Open Disk Management.

- Select the disk from which you want to make a partition.

- Right-click the Unpartitioned space in the bottom pane and select New Simple Volume.

- Enter the size and click next, and you are done.

Then, on the Xbox App, select this new partition as the default game installation drive:

- Open Xbox app.

- Click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options.

- Open Xbox settings

- Click on General.

- Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default.

Also, please try changing the default location for new apps in Windows to this new partition:

- Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists. If it does, please try to perform a clean boot on Windows and see if the issue persists:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
Thema:

1. In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions - Similar Threads - win11 app setting

2. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11: Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the...
  3. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  4. Need Help with xbox windows app on win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Help with xbox windows app on win11: When i try to buy a game on the xbox app store, specifically on the windows 11 one. i get a "We weren't able to load all options. Close the app, then try again." i restarted my pc and the app...
  5. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes: Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain....
  6. xbox app and other win11 apps crashing on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app and other win11 apps crashing on startup: any xbox related windows apps like the xbox app and games installed through it crash instantly when i open them 8fba352d-d8fc-4a33-8564-1047c3c736e2
  7. Xbox app on Win11 no longer installs games that require administrative approval

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on Win11 no longer installs games that require administrative approval: The Xbox app on Win 11 is no longer able to install games that require administrator approval. When a game is selected for install, it just sits at 0% downloaded. A few months ago, it was able to...
  8. Xbox app win11 with free pass, downloading error 0x8

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app win11 with free pass, downloading error 0x8: Xbox app on windows 11, Lenovo ideapad gaming laptop. A free pass for games but none is downloading. Stops about 1 third into downloading with the same error every time. Solutions that didn’t...
  9. Sound on dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound on dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app....: The sound on our dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app that we subscribed to. The sound can be from a tv app, wav files or any web site including...
  10. Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11: Hi, Windows 11 Xbox app streaming from the XBOX one console does not work, "old" console companion works perfectly although can accept only medium stream. Just get a black screen when connecting...