In the xbox accessories app when I press configure then make a profile, the profile doesn't...

Discus and support In the xbox accessories app when I press configure then make a profile, the profile doesn't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In the xbox accessories app when I press configure then make a profile, the profile doesn't save. ee39ab25-bfa7-4c2a-b3b4-77e6d50888fd Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dazebtw, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Dazebtw
    Dazebtw Guest

In the xbox accessories app when I press configure then make a profile, the profile doesn't...

In the xbox accessories app when I press configure then make a profile, the profile doesn't save.

:)

Dazebtw, Feb 9, 2023
  2. Mama Amev Win User

remapping

Hello! In order to fix this, try going into your settings, Devices & Streaming, Accessories (The Xbox Accessories app is faster too), press the "Configure" button, then either edit profile one to your liking or press default to go back to the bare bones
    settings.
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

xbox accessories app. 2 of the 3 profiles have mysteriously changed to default, leaving me with only one profile I can configure.

Hello Gravy BB,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us.

We understand your having issues with the Xbox Accessories app. It seems that some of the steps were already tried from your end. Let us go ahead and proceed checking what we can do best to help address your concern.

To proceed, I would suggest checking if there are any updates available for the Xbox Accessories app. You can do this by opening the Microsoft Store app on your PC, clicking on the three dots in the top right corner, and selecting "Downloads and updates". From there, you can check for updates for the Xbox Accessories app.

If there are no updates available, I would recommend trying the following steps:

• Reset your controller to default settings: You can reset your controller to its original factory configuration by selecting your controller in the Xbox Accessories app, choosing to configure, selecting a profile, and then selecting Edit > Restore to default.
    • Delete your profile: You can delete your profiles by opening the Xbox accessories app on your PC, scrolling to your Elite Wireless Controller Series, selecting configure, selecting a profile to adjust or create new one, and then selecting Edit > Delete.
    • Create new profiles: After deleting your old profiles, you can create new ones by opening the Xbox Accessories apps on your PC, scrolling to your Elite Wireless Controller Series, selecting Configure, selecting new profile, fiving your profile a name and then, configuring your chances.

Source: Configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If the issue persists, you can try deleting the Xbox Accessories app files manually. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type %localappdata% and press Enter.

3. Locate the "Microsoft" folder and open it.

4. Locate the "Xbox Accessories" folder and delete it.

5. Restart your PC and reinstall the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store.

I hope this helps! Kindly let us know if there is any misunderstanding or clarification of our description by sending us a reply.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Ronnieee Win User

How do I reset the maps on my controller when I have one controller.

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your controller button mapping.

If I may ask, is this on your Xbox console or are you using this on PC?

What type of controller do you have?

If you are on the Xbox system, you can check this from the accessories app and configure your controller from there.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.

When the Xbox Accessories app launches, select Configure under the accessory that you want to adjust. Check if you can adjust them there.

For PC,

You may download the Xbox accessories app from the MS store app and configure your controller there.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Minecraft button problem

Can you also check that your buttons are configured to the default in the Xbox Accessories app? It lets
    you change the mapped buttons on the controller, and that might be causing the issue?

What actions are you seeing when you press the button? Any action at all? Another thing to check might be that the game has to be launched from the profile you're signed in as and trying to play? If another profile launched the game, I know that causes
    some issues with controls and what happens on screen.
  6. Gravy BB Win User

Xbox Accessories App isn't letting me delete or change/add elite 2 controller profiles on PC

I used to have 3 different configured profiles on the xbox accessories app, which I could change between, while playing, at any moment using my controller profile button .
    now 2 of the profiles," profile2" and "profile3", names have changed names to "default" and the settings are now default as well.
    when I enter configure mode, the only one Im allowed to configure is "profile1" the 2 other "default profiles have no options to make any changes.
    I've reset the app in the windows 10 settings, uninstalled & re-installed 2 times and it always reverts back to the original settings and names that I used.
    where do these xbox accessories app files save and how can I delete everything so I can start fresh??
    this is very frustrating, as the app worked fine for years, I changed nothing and now Im stuck ..
    please help.
    Sincerely
    G
Thema:

1. In the xbox accessories app when I press configure then make a profile, the profile doesn't... - Similar Threads - accessories app press

2. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  3. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  4. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  5. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  6. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  7. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  8. I can't access my Xbox Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox Accessories app: My D-pad on my controller won't work with my PC, I tried to use the Xbox Accessories app to update it and to change the controls back to normal, but every time I load up the app it's only active...
  9. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today: As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on f4c1b286-3e6d-4d23-babd-4a9ae7cb69a0
  10. Xbox Accessories App, syncing data remains at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App, syncing data remains at 0%: Hi Since the latest update to the Xbox accessories app, I cannot customise my Elite series 2 controller. The xbox accessories app is stuck syncing data. I have reset the app, removed the app,...