In my Xbox’s settings it shows I have internet connection and an open NAT type, but no...

Discus and support In my Xbox’s settings it shows I have internet connection and an open NAT type, but no... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I switched from PS4 to Xbox about 8 months to a year ago due to my PS4 dying on me and I’m horribly fed up with the endless list of issues that seems... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Trystan Pos, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Trystan Pos
    Trystan Pos Guest

In my Xbox’s settings it shows I have internet connection and an open NAT type, but no...

I switched from PS4 to Xbox about 8 months to a year ago due to my PS4 dying on me and I’m horribly fed up with the endless list of issues that seems to come with owning one of these consoles.

The issue I’m experiencing now started as just needing to restart my console to get signed in (not a big deal but a tad annoying) then it had gotten seemingly worse and I needed to clear MAC address nearly every time I booted up my console (a bit more annoying but again, whatever I can deal with it), now, I don’t even know what to try anymore as I cannot sign into my Xbox account no matter what I’ve tried to do

so far it tries to log me in for a few seconds to a minute then I get a message stating “you’ll need internet for that” however, when I go into my settings no matter if I’m on a wired or wireless connection I have an open NAT type and it states “all services are available” which, well, just evidently isn’t true… almost none of the “services are available” on my Xbox at the moment. I’ve reached out to Microsoft and Xbox support about this in the past to no avail, usually a few days to a week goes by before I get the same copy and paste “we’ll look into it” or “we’ll be in touch” email and then radio silence, so I’m at a loss here..

I have been trying to log into my Xbox for a little more than an hour and a half, some things I have tried are:

Clearing alternate MAC address (this used to work up until tonight)

Restarting my router and console (multiple times now)

Removing my account from my Xbox, restarting the console, and manually signing back in (this got me signed in long enough to get access to my profile but wouldn’t let me launch games)

Switching from wired to wireless (and vice versa)

Maybe my routers the problem? (Netgear - Nighthawk - R7200)

This has been an issue in the past but as stated above typically clearing MAC address worked every time if the issue wasn’t solved by a simple restart of the console, now literally nothing I’m doing is working at all and I’m completely regretting making the switch from PS4 to XB1 after my PS4 quit on me, I never had any issues like this over the 8+ years I had that console, however, my Xbox has given me absolutely nothing but issues in the 8 months to a year I’ve owned it.

:)

Trystan Pos, Sep 5, 2022
  2. K0S Lizard Win User

Minecraft

I had this issue, my fix was to switch to different internet connection,or have you made sure you have a open nat type by checking your Xbox network settings?
  3. Joe Lloyd1 Win User

Can’t sign in to my account on xbox series S

Hi only just got round to checking these,

Network settings say it’s connected to the internet.

Multiplayer connection says it’s all good

NAT type says “it looks like your NAT type is open right now”

Not really sure what the Nat type is supposed to be.

I will have a look at that link now.

Thanks
  4. denis97g Win User

Xbox: My Friend is always Disconnected?

Hello, usually when it says disconnected it means there's something with the internet connection, have him check the nat type and see if it's set to open.
  5. Duocive Win User

Xbox One S Constantly Dropping Connection While Playing Online

Having a strict NAT Type might be the issue, to check your NAT Type, do the following:

Xbox Settings > Network > Network Settings

It should show your NAT Type under your Internet SSID.

If you have an Open or Moderate NAT Type, theres nothing wrong with your internet connection, so you would most likely have to contact Xbox Support via https://support.xbox.com/en-US/.

If you have a Strict NAT Type,

You may have to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or try Port Forwarding. Here are some links that can help you with the process.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-xbox-one/

Hopefully this helps.
  6. Salad McToss Win User

Xbox One Wireless Errors

I would just like to add to this, that my Xbox One frequently tells me that my NAT type is Moderate (in the Test Connection option under the connection settings) and other times will tell me that it is Open. My NAT type, by default, is Open.
Thema:

1. In my Xbox’s settings it shows I have internet connection and an open NAT type, but no... - Similar Threads - Xbox’s settings shows

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  4. How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s: how do I turn on the ipv6 setting? e24dacce-ba2c-44e7-a9b5-e929369014d4
  5. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  6. Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...: So I was going to update my xbox last night to get the update that fixed the save issue in Baldur's Gate 3 and noticed when I go to check update status that it shows English United Kingdom...
  7. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  8. I turn on my Xbox and my games don't show. I go to the setting and the setting icon just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I turn on my Xbox and my games don't show. I go to the setting and the setting icon just...: I turn on my Xbox and my games don't show. I go to the setting and the setting icon just appears on the screen doesn't go to settings. Or anything else i turned off the xbox restarted and nothing...
  9. My tv won't show my xbox after I set it to 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    My tv won't show my xbox after I set it to 120hz: I was trying to fix the over scan on my tv's xbox 1 and just about gave up until I tried to change the hz from 60 to 120. My tv didn't support 120hz as I expected, and so I waited for the xbox 1...
  10. My child is set up in Microsoft Family with no problems, but does not show up under xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My child is set up in Microsoft Family with no problems, but does not show up under xbox: My children are all set up in Microsoft Family with no problems. Two of them show up under xbox privacy and safety settings, but the third (set up at the same time and in the same way) doesn't. So...