IN MSFS 2020, PROGRAM FREEZES WHEN CLICKING THE FLY BUTTON

Discus and support IN MSFS 2020, PROGRAM FREEZES WHEN CLICKING THE FLY BUTTON in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; IN MSFS 2020, FLIGHT WILL FREEZE WHEN CLICKING THE FLY BUTTON. ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE IN CYBER LAND.? f904207c-18aa-4a77-bd32-4df1a0cfb7e7 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JIMSTAHLMAN, Dec 1, 2022.

1. JIMSTAHLMAN
    JIMSTAHLMAN Guest

IN MSFS 2020, FLIGHT WILL FREEZE WHEN CLICKING THE FLY BUTTON. ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE IN CYBER LAND.?

:)

JIMSTAHLMAN, Dec 1, 2022
  2. tahoebry Win User

Same problem here, started about a week ago or so.. I havent found a fix yet. You? Just keep getting the run around from MSFS Support
  3. Alvar J. Antillon Win User

Constant freezing in MSFS after playing it for a while.

Hi. I an using MSFS 2020 on Xbox X.

My flights freeze around the 3 hour mark. Which is very frustrating because it is when you are about to land from a long flight. I fly the grumman goose from big radials. Any suggestions to solve this?

Thank you!
  4. Beef36 Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator WorldMap doens't work. Crashes to desktop

I resolved a similar issue and are posting here in case someone finds it useful.

My World Map would intermittently crash when pressing the "FLY" button.

Clearing the game's cache makes logical sense, however the instructions in earlier posts above are for the Microsoft Store version of MSFS. It didn't work for the Steam version of MSFS.

What did work for the Steam version was deleting corrupted MSFS indexing and / or caching files stored locally, by following the official instructions here: How to fix loading issues after clicking "Fly" or "Ready to fly" button

In essence, for the Steam version of MSFS, I deleted the following folders in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Folders to Delete:

• SceneryIndexes
    • SceneryCache
    • DCE
    Following above, my World Map crashing issues were resolved.
  5. sandbender Win User

Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

On October 30, 2021, I tried downloading again, and it worked. After the download, I was able to launch MSFS 2020, reinstall all the updates, and fly.
  6. XBF - Drew Win User

MSFS freezes on "FLY"

Hi johnpettit68,

According to this article, the problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator freezing on "Fly" is in-game and requires the help of MSFS Support. You can submit a ticket to MSFS Support at the top right-hand side of the page where it says, "Submit a request," for additional help.

Best regards,

XBF Drew
Thema:

1. IN MSFS 2020, PROGRAM FREEZES WHEN CLICKING THE FLY BUTTON - Similar Threads - MSFS 2020 PROGRAM

2. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  3. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  4. MSFS 2020 not downloading properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not downloading properly: Hi. I hope this is relevant for Microsoft, considering it’s one of their products, but I’ve been having an issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator that I bought off of Steam (specifically the 2020...
  5. Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?: My computer was built specifically for MSFS 2020 but Windows 11 23H2 is playing up and I have requested a full re-install from the supplier. I delivered the computer to the company today to do the...
  6. MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen: I have installed MSFS 2020 in an external hard drive (D:), Packages have downloaded and installed. When I start the game via the xbox or shop app, a screen asking packages path appears (always...
  7. MSFS 2020 crashes on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crashes on startup: Hello guys, I got MSFS with game pass via Xbox app and when I installed it and opened it, it just crashed. First, it shows the game logo and has "starting game" with a timer on the bottom right...
  8. compatibility MSFS 2020

in XBoX on Consoles
    compatibility MSFS 2020: 1. Will Lenovo Yoga 9i be able to run MSFS 2020? I am very curios as I have this laptop however I am not sure about the graphic card. 2. If not will this gaming laptop be sufficient to run it?...
  9. "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020: Last week , Thursday afternoon , i used FS2020 to make setting of the hardware modules of my future cockpit with Spad.next , no issues at all Friday morning , i wanted to continue the job, but...
  10. MSFS 2020 Mandatory Update stalls and will not complete.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Mandatory Update stalls and will not complete.: I removed all peripherals, renamed my "Community" file, rebooted several times. How can I make this update go to completion? Sim is not working at all. eae76e0a-eefc-4e86-b9f1-f40b3f744954