In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?

Discus and support In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It has begun dimming in the middle of watching a bluray or TV. d58a41ef-12ff-4976-9ab2-a05dd677dcfb Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PETERNEWKIRK, Dec 31, 2018.

1. PETERNEWKIRK
    PETERNEWKIRK Guest

It has begun dimming in the middle of watching a bluray or TV.

:)

PETERNEWKIRK, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox one dim when watching hulu

Hi Ashley,

Try this to see if it fixes your issue with dimming.

You can change dimming option in Settings. Just head to Settings > Preferences > Idle Options.

xbox one dim screen idle

Here, you can change the amount of time before the Xbox One will dim the screen, with options of 2, 10, 20, 30, 45, and 60 minutes. You can also use the option on the left to disable the aforementioned idle notifications if you prefer a more private experience.

It’s generally best to power off your devices when you know you won’t be using them soon, but this option to manually trigger the Xbox One’s idle screen dimming is handy for times when you need to quickly step away but don’t want to wait on a complete power
    cycle.
  3. PETERNEWKIRK Win User

It is a HiSense. I did a hard re-boot of the Xbox as this has only just begun happening in the last 72 hours. That seems to have solved the problem. But not before I replaced both HDMI cables. Oh well. Doing my part to keep retail alive I suppose.

Thank you for your fast response. Have a Merry Christmas!!!! (or whatever you feel like celebrating!!!!)
  4. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

This is most probably your TV not detecting any input after a certain time period, what model TV do you use?
  5. XBF George L Win User

Hello Peter!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. Is there possibly a setting on the TV that could be the reason the screen starts dimming or does moving the controller make the dimming go away? Let us know with a reply to determine
    how to best assist you.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

Not sure if this helps or not as it is an older post...not sure there is an option to turn it off completely but:

"Go to Settings, select Preferences, and hit Idle options. Now, uncheck “Show me things when idle.” This should get rid of the idle problem.

I don't have screen dimming on my Xbox One when using Blu-ray or DVD's and I have that option unchecked as recommended."

From this thread about idle/dimming while watching discs:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g-dvd-or/ae41cd6e-cd52-4d0d-b2bc-3bbaacd9354b
Thema:

1. In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all? - Similar Threads - IDLE OPTIONS set

2. Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.: Hi, I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING to get this to work, but my main problem is that I can’t select cloud save as an option in “select a device” when launching Skate 3 on my Xbox 360, so I...
  3. My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?: I tried to upload a jpeg and png file but its just said that something went wrong so I cant show you the picture. But anyway, for some reason my xbox game bar just wont capture and when I go into...
  4. Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

in XboX Insiders
    Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday: One thing about Christmas or Birthdays that always felt special was playing a brand new game on that day. I'm sure that everyone else used to enjoy getting the sensation of opening a present to...
  5. Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.: Hi! So my Minecraft Bedrock launcher used to work, but I tried reinstalling it because there was an issue with it. My Java edition works just fine. Upon reinstalling it in my C: Drive, every time...
  6. Xbox Discord Streaming Infinite Idle Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Discord Streaming Infinite Idle Screen: I've been at this for about 4 hours now. I have tried: -opening privacy settings to allow everything associated with voice and video streaming. -Checking network connection problems (came up...
  7. Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...: I do not know how this happened but it was working before I uninstalled it. When I decided to reinstall, it no longer works, so therefore it shows idle. ec4090b2-0ebf-450a-a563-71d57a8c592f
  8. TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions

in XBoX on Windows
    TV on OneGuide going idle and showing idle time suggestions: Ever since the July 19th update on my Xbox One X, watching TV gets interrupted by idle time suggestions. This did not happen prior to the update. Prior to the update, idle suggestion displays...
  9. Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but...

in XBoX on Windows
    Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but...: Half of the screen keeps dimming non stop, have tried restarting and idle options but nothing works, any help? 78e1ce44-c1b8-49ba-a091-fa338d3ac254
  10. Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...: When the controller turns off while in a game i lost control over the controller in several games such as apex, dead island 2,call of duty black ops 3 and several other games please test this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idle options

2. xbox idle option

3. xbox one controller idel option