in a one person microsoft family, help!

Discus and support in a one person microsoft family, help! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am the only one in a Microsoft family and I don't know how to leave. I don't remember joining a Microsoft family, but for some reason, I'm in one. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Faith_978, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Faith_978
    Faith_978 Guest

I am the only one in a Microsoft family and I don't know how to leave. I don't remember joining a Microsoft family, but for some reason, I'm in one. I need to be able to change my Minecraft privacy settings so that I can play multiplayer, but I can't do that because it says I'm not allowed. If I'm the only member of the family, shouldn't I be the organizer? Why is this happening?
    in a one person microsoft family, help! [​IMG]

:)

Faith_978, Jul 31, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Faith_978. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, child accounts cannot change their Xbox profile privacy settings. Doesn't matter if they are on a family group or not. Since it is showing only you on your family page, you are not on a family group.

Also, changing your Microsoft account birthdate does not change your Xbox profile birthdate. So if you try to change it to make yourself an adult, it will not work. The Xbox profile birthdate is set when you create your Xbox profile and cannot be changed.

Your only option here if you need to change your privacy settings is to ask a parent to create a family group (if there isn't one already), invite you to the group as a member and change your privacy settings for you.

For a detailed tutorial on how to do it, please refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Parenting and child accounts ?

Hey there, Catch Emmit

Anyone can add another Microsoft Account inside their Microsoft family, however the person added to the family has to accept an invitation to join the family.

If the person is above the legal age, they can choose to leave the family too.

Hope this helps,

Regards
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

I need help: adding a child profile

I believe you need to use your e-mail address.

Add a new member to your Xbox One family

Overview

Creating a “family” on Xbox One helps you manage privacy and online safety settings for children.

Any adult in the family can add new members to the family. Adults and children in the family have different rights when it comes to managing the family. Learn more about who can manage the family.

To add a family member, follow these steps:

Note To add a new member to your family, you must be signed in to Xbox Live.

1.Press the Menu button on your controller, go to Settings on your console, and then scroll right to the FAMILY section. Select Add to family.

2.Choose who you want to add:

a.If the person you want to add to the family already has an Xbox Live profile saved on the console, select that profile.

b.The person must then sign in with the email address and password for their Microsoft account.

c.Select Add to family again.

d.You should now see the person added to the family.

e.If the person you’re adding is a child, and you haven’t already associated their account with yours, you’ll need to provide parental consent in order to complete this process.

f.If the person you want to add has an Xbox Live profile, but it’s not saved on the console, skip to step 3. If the person doesn’t have an Xbox Live profile, skip to step 4.

3.If the person you want to add has an Xbox Live profile but has never saved the profile to this console, select Add new and have the person sign in by providing the Microsoft account and password associated with that profile.

4.If the person doesn’t have an Xbox Live profile, click Add new and have the person create an Xbox Live profile. Then, go back to step 2a and complete the process.

Note For information about how to create a new account and profile, see Manage your Microsoft account.

When you return to Settings, you’ll see the new profile under Family.
  5. John P_14 Win User

I cannot add anyone to my family safety account.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It may be possible that there is an emerging issue with the Family Settings page. Kindly try the steps below to add a family member;

To add someone to your family group:

1. Go to family.microsoft.com.

2. Sign in with your Microsoft account (parent/adult account), then select Add a family member.

3. Select Member.

4. Enter an email address or phone number for the person you want to add, then select Send invite.

Note: If the person you're adding is already part of another family group, they'll first need to be removed from that family group, or they'll need a new Microsoft account for your family group.

5. Have the person you invited accept your invitation from the email or text message they receive. Or, in the Notifications section, select Accept now next to Pending member. You'll be signed out so the person you're trying to add can sign in to their account and accept the invitation.

If it still doesn't work, try the steps on this link; https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf....
  6. Scrtch Win User

Creating Kids' profile

Hey theressaray,

Basically you'll create an account for each of your family members and then add them to your family. Here are the steps for doing that.

Overview

Creating a “family” on Xbox One helps you manage privacy and online safety settings for children.

Any adult in the family can add new members to the family. Adults and children in the family have different rights when it comes to managing the family. Learn more about who can manage the family.

To add a family member, follow these steps:

Note To add a new member to your family, you must be signed in to Xbox Live.

1. Press the Menu button on your controller, go to Settings on your console, and then scroll right to the
      FAMILY section. Select Add to family.

1. Choose who you want to add:
      1. If the person you want to add to the family already has an Xbox Live profile saved on the console, select that profile.

1. The person must then sign in with the email address and password for their Microsoft account.

1. Select Add to family again.

1. You should now see the person added to the family.

1. If the person you’re adding is a child, and you haven’t already associated their account with yours, you’ll need to provide parental consent in order to complete this process.
      2. If the person you want to add has an Xbox Live profile, but it’s not saved on the console, skip to step 3. If the person doesn’t have an Xbox Live profile, skip to step 4.
    1. If the person you want to add has an Xbox Live profile but has never saved the profile to this console, select
      Add new and have the person sign in by providing the Microsoft account and password associated with that profile.
    2. If the person doesn’t have an Xbox Live profile, click Add new and have the person create an Xbox Live profile. Then, go back to step 2a and complete the process.
    Note For information about how to create a new account and profile, see

Manage your Microsoft account
    When you return to Settings, you’ll see the new profile under Family.

Via -
    support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/add-family-member

You can also check out the online safety and other related links for children on XBox, parenting etc.

What core family safety features does Xbox One offer and what do they do?

What are the default online safety settings for children on Xbox One?

What is web filtering?
Thema:

1. in a one person microsoft family, help! - Similar Threads - person microsoft family

2. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  3. How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox: How do I speak to someone in person from Microsoft Xbox 6f231c76-603f-44b0-8e51-97d8cddf8e9f
  4. why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue: i want to talk to a person at microsoft to resolve an issue 283c568e-4777-4781-be62-1b34f299cb27
  5. I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...: I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance owing, but apparently it was for an Xbox X/S series where I have an Xbox One S, So I can't get the GTA$$$$...
  6. Add personal Gmail account to Microsoft account with work email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add personal Gmail account to Microsoft account with work email: Hello, I currently have a Microsoft work account linked to my certification. As I might be changing companies soon, I'm wondering if I'll still have access to that account. Additionally, I have...
  7. My personal microsoft account has been hacked and i want to get it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    My personal microsoft account has been hacked and i want to get it back: My Microsoft account was hacked by a rambler account and Microsoft was previously useless with helping with this as contacting a virtual agent seemed to be an impossible task as no matter what i...
  8. How do I reach a live person at Microsoft, On the Phone?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reach a live person at Microsoft, On the Phone?: I'm having problems with my account and my mother's account. I bought products that I want refunds for. That are not subscriptions. I have issues with multiple things with Microsoft and I could...
  9. Been banging my head agenst the wall trying to find a microsoft person to talk to thats not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Been banging my head agenst the wall trying to find a microsoft person to talk to thats not...: Got hacked cant sign in all i want is to talk to a real person or email someone that wont email me back a **** automated response went to minecraft support for help and they said to come to you if...
  10. how do I speak to a live person at Microsoft Canada?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I speak to a live person at Microsoft Canada?: I cant solve my problem on here 45056af3-b88a-4200-8a78-9bb08f615431