Improving Latency Xbox One X

Discus and support Improving Latency Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is my latency on my xbox one x so high and how can I improve this to make it better. 697f3119-1ad2-47e4-83d7-25206e9c237a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KingTone1, Feb 16, 2023.

1. KingTone1
    KingTone1 Guest

Why is my latency on my xbox one x so high and how can I improve this to make it better.

:)

KingTone1, Feb 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

The issue can be with your network provider itself.

Let's compare the results.

Please use a different device and go to https://speedtest.net, check if the latency is also high from there.

If no, you can perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

Also, it would be best to connect your console to your router/modem using an ethernet cable.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. PsychoWolf28 Win User

So first thing to do is make sure your xbox has internet connected with an Ethernet cable and its not on WiFi. Unfortunately there isn't much else when it comes to situations like these because every provider is different and user also. Cause it depends on how close you are to the server of said provider. Hope this helps.
  4. Tech117ad Win User

Error 0x80a40019 but network test all good.

I am here in Panama and I get the same thing from time to time from an Xbox One, a One S and unfortunately my Xbox One X. I found that my latency is at around 130ms and I am trying to get Fiber to resolve or improve the issue. What were the results of
    your network test?
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

requirements for VRR and Low Latency mode?

I do not think the information is available yet to be as specific as you may want.

Xbox
    Series X: What’s the Deal with Latency?

The team also did work to empower game developers to improve and optimize game engine latency. Thanks to a new mechanism the team added, the system can now know the input state that corresponds to every frame
    sent over HDMI. For the first time developers can easily measure and tune their end-to-end latency during game development without the use of a high-speed camera. By decoupling rendering and input pipelines, Xbox Series X also supports 120 FPS, so games have
    the option of doubling their frame-rate from 60 FPS, which halves their internal latency.

One of the biggest elements in all of this is the data that flows through your HDMI cable. Microsoft is an active member of the HDMI consortium, and the team worked hard to shape the HDMI 2.1 standard to support
    features important for Xbox Series X in a number of areas, including:

• Transmission time to the TV: HDMI 2.1 supports up to 4k at 120 Hz which allowed the team to reduce frame transmission time from 16.6ms to 8.3ms, without sacrificing on resolution. This is an automatic 8.3ms latency improvement on TVs that support
      it and benefits games at all framerates.
    • Variable refresh rate (VRR): When games miss their frames, VRR will show the result with the lowest possible latency. 120 Hz TVs that support VRR typically have very large timing windows which makes above 40 FPS performance free of screen tearing.
    • In-TV latency: Xbox Series X invokes Automatic Low Latency Mode (ALLM) on capable TVs to automatically enable Game Mode, removing any work previously required of gamers.
    • Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable: An Ultra High Speed HDMI cable is included with every Xbox Series X to ensure that players receive the premium gaming experience if they have an HDMI 2.1 compatible display.
    Influencing the HDMI standard was one thing, but we also needed to work closely with leading display manufacturers to adopt them in a consistent manner to deliver the best gaming experience. The team knew the
    TV ecosystem needed to be ready to support these features in time for the Xbox Series X launch, but they had to answer one question: How do we get TVs to support these key next-gen features years before the first console to support them?

They answered that question by adding those features a generation early with Xbox One X and Xbox One S.This drove adoption of key features such as VRR and ALLM in TVs released in 2019 and later as opposed to
    having to wait for these features to start arrive in select displays beginning in 2020 or 2021. So that’s the deal with latency. While it may be difficult to notice the improved latency from any one of these improvements alone, when they all add up, it makes
    for a profoundly more responsive experience for players.
  6. smileskybird Win User

Is the power of the Xbox One X being wasted on 4k?

And another thing about latency. Even though X will have GDDR5, take a look at Xbox One's history since November 2013! It uses DDR3. But many have complained Xbox One's UI is slow and clunky. Talk about latency. And I have had Xbox One since it launched,
    so speak from experience! I even have that Day One Achievement too. However, this is an err or Microsoft's part.

Xbox One's UI has improved since it launched! But the "latency" and slowness of what the UI was like back then. And Xbox 360's memory runs of GDDR memory too. GDDR3.

Just because GDDR5 is more suited to gaming and DDR is more suited to system performance, doesn't mean that GDDR5 is going to do a detrimentally horrible job with system performance outside gaming. I can't imagine Xbox One X having the kind of bad UI performance
    that Xbox One had........... with DDR3!!! in November 2013!
Thema:

1. Improving Latency Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Improving Latency

2. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  3. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  4. Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...: When are Microsoft going to actually address the forever wait times to play just about any game, I began paying more for ultimate, I love the cloud gaming service try a game before buying it, it...
  5. How do I improve downloading speed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I improve downloading speed?: I’m downloading Forza horizon 5 which is 170gb (with add ons) and it’s only downloading at 1.5MB/S. That’s like 20 hours to download. I have found that it does this for updates and downloads for...
  6. Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment

in XboX Insiders
    Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment: As per the title. I believe if "The Finals" game that just recently closed its open beta and it is predicted to released early December is the next big thing for FPS enthusiast. With standard game...
  7. We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community: A lot of bad players até comigo from other platforms 05d0c125-04e3-4ccb-af04-0fd19537eeeb
  8. Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator

in XboX Insiders
    Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator: I’ve been a daily user of the Xbox Wireless Headset since its release, and I must say, it’s been a fantastic experience. However, there’s one aspect that has been a consistent source of...
  9. Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...: Please let me know. Thanks. d05f1a14-d675-4003-86bb-769a2c170264
  10. I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.: I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service. I have seen its evolution but I notice that it is still missing. Especially in input lag. submitted by /u/jonathanfcb...