Impossible to delete cloud save files

Discus and support Impossible to delete cloud save files in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot delete cloud saves on my Xbox One. Yes, I've followed instructions precisely from Xbox One articles. My Games and Apps. Click on Installed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Liam van Dijk, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Impossible to delete cloud save files

I cannot delete cloud saves on my Xbox One. Yes, I've followed instructions precisely from Xbox One articles.

1. My Games and Apps.
    2. Click on Installed games.
    3. Now find the game for which you want to delete the cloud saves.
    4. Select Menu (three lines) and choose Manage Games.
    5. Scroll down to Saves.
    6. On the saved File, press the A button and select Delete Save data.
    7. Now choose “Delete everywhere“.
    8. Confirm the action and click on Yes.
    That didn't work. I also tried uninstalling everything. No dice. I shut down the console, unplugged it for an hour, plugged it back in and restarted. After going to Manage (etc.), it shows 0 saves. Great, right! Nope. When I launch the game I'm trying to replay (AC Syndicate), I'm right back to 98% completion.

So far I believe I've read about a dozen threads on this topic. They all say the same exact thing. None of them work. People who have had the same experience post a reply to the Microsoft expert to report that the solution doesn't work. There are no further replies from there.

Does ANYBODY know how to fix this? A million thanks in advance. So frustrating!

btw the turn of wifi wont work bc im talking about Gta Online the game for series x s Impossible to delete cloud save files :)

:)

Liam van Dijk, Mar 8, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Liam, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your game save.

I see that many others have been having a similar issue with deleting their save. However, I have found a possible solution for you. It's a bit of a workaround but should work.

Follow your instructions again to delete the save from all sources but do not start the game yet.

Go into your Settings and take the console offline then start a new game.

Once you finish the tutorial you can put the console back online.

Here you should be prompted to either use the Cloud or Local save. Choose Local.
  3. DonSL777 Win User

Impossible to Delete Cloud Saves?

Hello Obsessive Power -

I read that I should go to my settings and go offline. I could then start a fresh game. Tomorrow when I play again I'm going to try the next trick they recommended . . . cancel synchronization when it starts. If it works, then the game should save my new game to the cloud and I'll be able to utilize the add-ons I purchased.

Thank you for the reply, and stay tuned!

Cheers,

Don
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

As a test, what happens if you delete the saves as you did before, take the console offline and start a new game? Does it now start fresh?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

cancel synchronization when it starts. If it works, then the game should save my new game to the cloud and I'll be able to utilize the
    Yes, that should create a new save. As long as you cancel the sync, the new save should overwrite the old save in the cloud. You may need to play for about 5 minutes to insure the game creates an autosave.
  6. DonSL777 Win User

IT WORKED!

For all of the other people having this problem, please follow the steps listed in this thread.

I don't know whether or not my observations will be the same as what you experience, but here's what happened with me. I played the game for a few hours with my preferences set to offline. I then quit the game, logged out of my account, and then unplugged the Xbox for a few minutes.

Plugged it into the socket, fired it up, set my settings to online, and launched the game. When the synchronization was in progress I canceled it. Then a two-choice dialog appeared on the screen which alerted me that the game I'm currently playing does not match the game stored on the cloud. Obviously I chose to stick with the game currently underway. It overwrote the cloud save.

SO .... I'm all set. Super frustrating that these simple steps aren't posted right on the Xbox One help section. All that time and frustration was a waste.

Palm-stinging high five to Obsessive Power for the assistance.
Thema:

1. Impossible to delete cloud save files - Similar Threads - Impossible delete cloud

2. the refunding is too hard and actually impossible

in XBoX on Windows
    the refunding is too hard and actually impossible: i have gone on the https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders website and then the website that should work with the order number but the number it need is supposed to start with a G and the...
  3. It's Literally Impossible to get Microsoft to Call Me

in XBoX on Windows
    It's Literally Impossible to get Microsoft to Call Me: Someone hacked my account in November, and charged my card $150. I cannot investigate the charges because the card is now inactive, so when I input my CCV, it gives me an error message. When I try...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  5. Impossible to use controls with some DVDs using the Bluray player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Impossible to use controls with some DVDs using the Bluray player: Hello! Similar to the problem other users have described here...
  6. Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support: I’m honestly at the end of my tether with Microsoft/Xbox! I ordered a customised controller from XDL on the 15th of November, never received a confirmation email but the order was there on my...
  7. Microsoft are impossible to contact

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft are impossible to contact: I am trying to contact MS re an Xbox one issue with F1 not loading. I have tried lots of suggestions but it will not load. I cannot speak to anyone and the call back service (UK) does not seem to...
  8. Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???: I am trying to get a refund on a game and its impossible to speak to anyone. The refund was denied and I don't understand why! cb1b9a81-885e-48d6-bfbf-85741795aa79
  9. I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.: I'm having problems installing/downloading microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible. The download process continually hangs. Please help. I have a steam copy of microsoft flight...
  10. "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020: Last week , Thursday afternoon , i used FS2020 to make setting of the hardware modules of my future cockpit with Spad.next , no issues at all Friday morning , i wanted to continue the job, but...