Importing from US to UK

Discus and support Importing from US to UK in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to know if I buy a Blu-ray of the price £18+ do I pay any custom tax fees? - Yes, I did read on the HM Revenue & Customs website that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PhilMarck, Jan 5, 2014.

1. PhilMarck
    PhilMarck Guest

Importing from US to UK

I would like to know if I buy a Blu-ray of the price £18+ do I pay any custom tax fees?

-

Yes, I did read on the HM Revenue & Customs website that anything over £15 would have a fee but I've read that people who've spent £20 or to even £30 haven't had these kind of issues so I'm wondering.

-

The Blu-rays (anime genre) that I'm after aren't available in UK and are Region B compatible so I want to own them and watch.

-

Thanks.

:)

PhilMarck, Jan 5, 2014
  2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Importing an Xbox One S from the US to the UK

Hi

The price of consoles in the UK is very competitive these days and I don't think you will save much money by importing the console. Also from a support point of view it is best to purchase the console in the same region that you intend to use it.

gds1972, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Importing an Xbox One S from the US to the UK

I currently live in the UK and would like to purchase an Xbox One S from the US due to it being significantly cheaper, if I change the cable to a UK one will that fix the voltage differences problem?

orangeman2027, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Importing from US to UK

I know for games you should have no problem getting them to work.

However I do believe Blue Rays are region coded but someone who knows more about it should be able to help.

As for tax stuff... if you are importing for yourself and customs "check" your order you might face some stiff levvies.

However if you order something as a "Gift" from abroad I believe the VAT is waived?

Double check.

Az

Azrael008uk, Jan 5, 2014
  5. You should try contacting the seller of possible. I have had to do this before with buying Blu-Ray films as it can vary across titles. If you're desperate you could invest in a region free Blu-Ray player if such a thing exists.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 5, 2014
  6. As for tax stuff, which is the actual topic in hand... I believe you have to pay when the value of the purchase is $24 or more. I once bought to Pokemon Gym Badges from the US and had to pay a fairly hefty customs charge. I believe it came to around £13
    on top of the purchase and shipping costs and I had to make a trip to the Post Office to get it sorted.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 5, 2014
  7. KALEEF
    KALEEF Guest
    Paying customs tax is a lottery, sometimes you will be lucky and not get charged while other times not so lucky and get charged. If the item is marked as a gift then most often then not you won't get charged import tax. I have been importing for years with
    things from as litlle as £5 up to hundreds of pounds, and only once been charged import tax and thas was mainly due to UPS declairing it.

-

Most places I use though always mark the item as Gift.

KALEEF, Jan 5, 2014
  8. Whagi
    Whagi Guest

Importing from US to UK

You will also need a new PSU(UK 240v), or if you intend to use the US PSU a step down transformer to convert the UK 240v to US 120v (if that is the rating of the US PSU).

Whagi, Jan 5, 2014
  9. KALEEF
    KALEEF Guest
    @ Whagi he is only importing a few blu rays! have you posted in the wrong thread? Also the psu's on the new consoles are auto switchable so don't need a step down transformer.

KALEEF, Jan 5, 2014
  10. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    No he's right American blu rays need their own power source because of all the extra features.

John Dowding, Jan 5, 2014
  11. PhilMarck
    PhilMarck Guest
    Thanks guys.

-

The BDs I'm going to import are Seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Yu Yu Hakusho, which are Region A & B. One at a time so it lowers the chances of custom fees bs.

PhilMarck, Jan 5, 2014
  12. Whagi
    Whagi Guest
    [quote user="KALEEF"]

@ he is only importing a few blu rays! have you posted in the wrong thread? Also the psu's on the new consoles are auto switchable so don't need a step down transformer.

[/quote]

Doh! Read the post wrong. Importing from US to UK :)

But the PSUs are different for each country, see the official website for details

Click me >

Whagi, Jan 5, 2014
  13. Importing from US to UK

If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco, perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:

• don't have to pay Excise Duty
    • may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £135
    • will have to pay import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £15
    Note that on all goods from outside the EU, Customs Duty is waived if the amount of duty calculated is £9 or under.

Tax and customs for goods sent from abroad

The Viral Cyrix, Oct 31, 2018
  14. PhilMarck Win User

Importing from US to UK

Thanks guys.

-

The BDs I'm going to import are Seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Yu Yu Hakusho, which are Region A & B. One at a time so it lowers the chances of custom fees bs.
  15. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Importing from US to UK

You should try contacting the seller of possible. I have had to do this before with buying Blu-Ray films as it can vary across titles. If you're desperate you could invest in a region free Blu-Ray player if such a thing exists.
  16. Whagi Win User

Importing from US to UK

You will also need a new PSU(UK 240v), or if you intend to use the US PSU a step down transformer to convert the UK 240v to US 120v (if that is the rating of the US PSU).
  17. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Importing from US to UK

If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco, perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:

• don't have to pay Excise Duty
    • may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £135
    • will have to pay import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £15
    Note that on all goods from outside the EU, Customs Duty is waived if the amount of duty calculated is £9 or under.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/buying.htm
  18. Whagi Win User

Importing from US to UK

[quote user="KALEEF"]

@ he is only importing a few blu rays! have you posted in the wrong thread? Also the psu's on the new consoles are auto switchable so don't need a step down transformer.

[/quote]

Doh! Read the post wrong. :)

But the PSUs are different for each country, see the official website for details

Click me >
Thema:

Importing from US to UK

1. Importing from US to UK - Similar Threads - Importing

2. My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...: Whenever I try to import a skin it won't work, how do I fix this??? 66511f7a-3450-4d55-ba9a-5a463e8b7572
  3. Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!: Okay I'm a multiplatform player been with Xbox since the well, Xbox. I'm going to skip a trip down memory lane and land at the creation of cloud saves. When it was first introduced it worked...
  4. Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Importing Oblivion cloud save files from series X to PC: I have Oblivion save files from my 360 days that cloud saved and loaded onto my series X. That was great. I have read that I can use these save files on the PC version of the game through the xbox...
  5. How do I import custom skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I import custom skins?: I am on bedrock edition, and I have a skin I want to use because I need it for a minecraft youtube series that’s going to be in January, I couldn’t find any skin I wanted on the marketplace and I...
  6. Sir can I use UAE imported Xbox series x in Pakistan without any issues?

in XBoX on Windows
    Sir can I use UAE imported Xbox series x in Pakistan without any issues?: I am willing to import an Xbox series x from UAE but scared what if I won't be able to buy games while being within the Pakistan or any voltages differences etc 98dd341f-1cf7-4a3d-ac1c-ffc992431bf4
  7. how can i import this (the walking dead)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i import this (the walking dead): so i played the walking dead theres 4 seasons (the walking dead season 1- the walking dead season 2- the walking dead new frontier - the walking dead final season witch is the fourth one) i play...
  8. I'm trying to import a skin into Minecraft Bedrock edition (Nintendo Switch), but the grey...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to import a skin into Minecraft Bedrock edition (Nintendo Switch), but the grey...: I already have the setting to only allow trusted skins turned off. In most tutorials I've watched, people have a grey avatar, when they click the grey avatar, they have the option to upload a...
  9. Why did you remove an important Accessibility future?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you remove an important Accessibility future?: When will we be able to edit the home screen again? I already shell out money for your monthly subscription why would you take my money and remove important futures like customization? I...
  10. Mr important my rewards !!! Alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Mr important my rewards !!! Alpha skip ahead: I've just noticed the added !!! On my rewards ,I like that ,Mr my rewards thinks it's more important than the rest lol submitted by /u/Martsmall [link] [comments]