I'm unable to use the Xbox rewards app since changing ISP

Discus and support I'm unable to use the Xbox rewards app since changing ISP in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, As the title states, for some reason since switching ISP I'm unable to use the Xbox rewards app. This problem persists across Xbox Series X, Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dan Elms, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Dan Elms
    Dan Elms Guest

Hi,

As the title states, for some reason since switching ISP I'm unable to use the Xbox rewards app. This problem persists across Xbox Series X, Xbox One X and the mobile app (android).

On the Xboxes, I get an error message telling me to update my location and languages settings to the correct region etc. (these settings are correct).

On the mobile app, rewards appear if I'm connected using mobile data, but not if I'm connected via the home broadband.

Additional info:

Across all devices my IP location (according to whatsmyip.com) is the United States, which is incorrect. Using other IP location sites it will however appear as the United Kingdom, which is correct.

I'm almost 100% certain that my ISP is at fault, but after some communication with them they've requested that I ask Xbox / Microsoft which geoIP they subscribe to, even though these services worked before I switched to them. I've posted this here as I cannot get a call-back option when selecting networking issues on Xbox support, and my support from the Xbox Rewards support team just seems to be going in cycles of them requesting I send diagnostics so they can "re-escalate" the support ticket.

I just wondered if anyone has any idea why this could be happening, and hopefully get an answer to which geoIP would be in use for this service so I have something to go back to my ISP with?

Thanks,

Dan

:)

Dan Elms, Sep 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, yes. As this issue is happening with all your devices. Definetly is an issue with the ISP

Hope they can sort this out for you as soon as possible.
    Take care in the meantime, have a good day
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Feel free to share the resolution when possible
    Greetings
  4. Dan Elms Win User

Hi Josef,

Thanks for your suggestions, just performed a hard reset and set my router up again, no joy.

Also tried both suggested DNS settings with console restarts inbetween and no luck there either.

I'll have to be more assertive with the ISP I think in trying to get them to accept that's it down to them.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dan

Your ISP is the one responsible about where are you physically located.
    If you can, please ask them to assign you an different IP address or ask them to assign a static IP address for your router and devices.

-----
    In the meantime, may I know if you tried factory resetting your router? (SSID and password are going to reset as well)

Or, may I know if you tried using a different DNS address on your console?

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

(If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)
  6. KCxStrange Win User

Not receiving points after completing an achievement for the "Microsoft Rewards top 10: Easter Eggs" punch card

Yeah my app is messing up as well, unable to see any rewards to redeem in the Xbox app.
Thema:

1. I'm unable to use the Xbox rewards app since changing ISP - Similar Threads - I'm unable rewards

2. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  3. Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund: Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund. I purchased minecraft a few years ago but my son really wanted Java. So I purchased through my account to install on his PC but now I...
  4. I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support: I'm having an issue with my Xbox Series X and I'd like Xbox support to investigate. However, I'm unable to contact support. I logged in to my Microsoft account, went to devices, get service,...
  5. I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity: I can't connect to my hotspot or XFINITY hotspot cf38f6c9-676d-4d1e-8ba2-79660e686c10
  6. If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...: If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to randomly link a wrong one? I have only ever used one Microsoft account for Minecraft on PS4 and now PS5, it...
  7. I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock: So I've been having a problem for about a month now where I can't join any Minecraft Bedrock featured servers such as Cubecraft and The Hive. Sometimes it lets me join, but most times it says...
  8. I'm unable to play multiplayer games privately

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm unable to play multiplayer games privately: I'm unable to play any game on split screen multiplayer using the same username. We used to be able to do it on the 360, 4x players would look like: Username Username (1) Username (2)...
  9. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  10. I have a problem and need to speak to a Microsoft support officer but I'm unable to contact...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a problem and need to speak to a Microsoft support officer but I'm unable to contact...: I need to speak to Microsoft support I have requested a call for over a week now but it's unable to work. Thanks in advance Mike. ba212656-873e-42cd-953e-92c0d567cb38