I'm unable to install 3 specific games on the Xbox App

Discus and support I'm unable to install 3 specific games on the Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've had this problem for months already but I'm just now writing on it. Whenever I try to install Cuphead, Five Nights at Freddy's 2. or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NPCarloS, Nov 20, 2022.

1. NPCarloS
    NPCarloS Guest

Hello, I've had this problem for months already but I'm just now writing on it.

Whenever I try to install Cuphead, Five Nights at Freddy's 2. or Fallout Shelter via the Xbox App on Windows 11 I am greeted with the error code 0x80073cf9 immediately after.
    This only occurs on those 3 games (as far as I know). I tried installing other games such as Roblox and Gang Beasts and it works just fine.
    I am up to date with updates and gaming services and such are all updated as well. I have tried signing in and out, reinstalling gaming services, along with restarting my PC but nothing seems to work. I have searched for solutions but I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue or a (working) solution to it.

Is there anything else I am missing or can do?
    I'm unable to install 3 specific games on the Xbox App [​IMG]

:)

NPCarloS, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. NPCarloS Win User

I had already tried that before but I gave it another go anyway, but it still isn't fixed.
  4. NPCarloS Win User

Hello, I suppose I should've mentioned the problem persists through Microsoft Store as well as the Xbox App. I am greeted with the same error. I already have all apps up to date, and no antivirus or VPNs and such on. I am still unable to install any of these games.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello NPCarloS,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

Based on your description, you are trying to install these three games in your PC: Cuphead, Five Nights at Freddy's 2, and Fallout Shelter. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We noticed that you have performed troubleshooting that is related to Xbox app, may we ask if you have tried using Microsoft Store? If yes, you may want to cancel those attempts of installation from Xbox app and use Microsoft Store.

Here are the links for your guidance:

Should you feel like you need to troubleshoot before performing the suggestion above. We recommend you these troubleshooting:

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    2. Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows.
    3. Restart and disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    4. Sign into the Microsoft Store and please update (if there is any) the Xbox apps [like Xbox app, Xbox Accessories app (if using), Xbox Game Bar, Gaming Services (if there's any)] by following this guide: Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
    5. From Microsoft Store, please search the game title or else try to select the links of the games above for installation.
    We look forward to your update on how this suggestion went.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:
    Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    Restart your device and try to install the game again.
Thema:

1. I'm unable to install 3 specific games on the Xbox App - Similar Threads - I'm unable install

2. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  3. Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund: Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund. I purchased minecraft a few years ago but my son really wanted Java. So I purchased through my account to install on his PC but now I...
  4. I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support: I'm having an issue with my Xbox Series X and I'd like Xbox support to investigate. However, I'm unable to contact support. I logged in to my Microsoft account, went to devices, get service,...
  5. I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to my hotspot or xfinity: I can't connect to my hotspot or XFINITY hotspot cf38f6c9-676d-4d1e-8ba2-79660e686c10
  6. If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...: If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to randomly link a wrong one? I have only ever used one Microsoft account for Minecraft on PS4 and now PS5, it...
  7. I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock: So I've been having a problem for about a month now where I can't join any Minecraft Bedrock featured servers such as Cubecraft and The Hive. Sometimes it lets me join, but most times it says...
  8. I'm unable to play multiplayer games privately

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm unable to play multiplayer games privately: I'm unable to play any game on split screen multiplayer using the same username. We used to be able to do it on the 360, 4x players would look like: Username Username (1) Username (2)...
  9. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  10. I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...: I have tried troubleshooting suggestions such as updating video driver, reinstalling games services, updating windows, reinstalling xbox app and microsoft store. The highest the game downloads to...