I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working

Discus and support I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Do I still have to go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup on my phone to get windows media to work on my xbox360 e7c53b0f-3b24-4359-b993-a0eb543ad471 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Randall .J Reeves, Jan 1, 2023.

1. I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working

Do I still have to go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup on my phone to get windows media to work on my xbox360

:)

Randall .J Reeves, Jan 1, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Windows Media Center is no longer supported

Plex is your best bet for equivalent functionality
  3. Mister Cerb Win User

BT Home Hub 4 Streaming probs

Hey there Mac!

I'm sorry to say that I don't have personal experience setting up a BT Home Hub with Windows Media Sharing, but I have heard of the BT Home Hub 4 giving issues with this in other threads.

To start things off, I suggest working through our
    set up Windows Media Center on Xbox 360 (Windows 8)
    support article and make sure everything is connected/set up properly.

Let us know how that goes! ^_^
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

Windows 8 and Xbox 360 steaming issues

Hey there Graham!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues getting things working properly on your new Windows 8 operating system. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, I'd suggest working through our sticky on how to
    set up Windows Media Center on Xbox 360 (Windows 8)
    just to make sure that things are set up properly.

Let us know how that goes for you and we'll work with you from there! ^_^
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

media centre extender disconnected

Hey there VolantBarbecue1!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues getting the Windows Media Center Extender set up for your console. Let's see what we can do to get everything sorted.

First off, just to be sure:

You're using Windows 7 on both computers now, correct?

Let us know how any of that works for you and we'll go from there! ^_^
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

Laptop can see Xbox but Xbox doesn't see laptop

Hey there mifit,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues sharing media with your laptop.

It sounds like you've tried some stuff already but just to double check, there are a couple of things that I would suggest trying these articles on:

Troubleshooting the connection between Windows Media Center and your Xbox 360

Setting up Windows Media Center on Xbox 360

If those don't help sort things out, I would suggest getting in touch with our
    Windows 8.1 Support
    . They may have some further insight into this issue.
Thema:

1. I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working - Similar Threads - I'm trying set

2. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  3. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  4. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one: I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my...
  5. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  6. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  7. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  8. I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...: It is a Crucial X8 1tb SSD. It is attached with a USB 3.2 cable. b9acacb0-b94d-4818-88c4-8a22d3323422
  9. I'm trying to install some mods for minecraft but i keep getting an exit error 1.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to install some mods for minecraft but i keep getting an exit error 1.: A few details about my situation. 1 I have Minecraft premium. 2 I have installed Forge for Minecraft 1.20.1. 3 I have Java version 8. 4 I looked up for help and saw a video advising to install...
  10. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....