I'm trying to reinstall fallout 4 and it cancels the installation when it gets to 5 percent

Discus and support I'm trying to reinstall fallout 4 and it cancels the installation when it gets to 5 percent in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The disc is clean with no scratches on it the disc only goes to 5.4 percent before always stopping and cancelling the installation isk why this is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Snugsquash, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Snugsquash
    Snugsquash Guest

I'm trying to reinstall fallout 4 and it cancels the installation when it gets to 5 percent

The disc is clean with no scratches on it the disc only goes to 5.4 percent before always stopping and cancelling the installation isk why this is happening. If it helps I'm on Xbox one not the new consoles

:)

Snugsquash, Mar 2, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Snugsquash!

Let's do our best to sort this out. Make sure that your console's power supply unit is plugged in directly to the wall outlet without surge protector.

Then let's clear your local saved games:
    Eject the disc from your console.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.
    Select Clear local saved games.
    Note: Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox cloud. It will only clear data you have saved locally.
    Select Yes to confirm.
    Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.

If we're getting the same issue, try installing the disc in offline mode:
    Step 1: Use your console offline
    Follow these steps:
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Go offline.

Step 2: Cancel the download
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.
    Select Manage > Queue.
    Highlight the game you’re trying to install and press the Menu button on the controller.
    Select Cancel.

Step 3: Eject the game disc and power cycle the console
    Eject the game disc.
    Press and hold the Xbox button to open the Power Center.
    Select Restart console.
    Select Restart.
    Note: If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.

Step 4: Install the game
    After the console restarts, insert the disc. Follow the steps to install the game.
    Note: Make sure you do this before you reconnect to the internet.

Step 5: Go online and let the game update install
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Go online.
  3. woudchuck Win User

help plox

Hi, My problem is similar, except mine is Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Have tried twice a slow network, gets to 30 percent and then can't install anymore cause the xbox store says it is installed. When I try to play it it says I need to wait for the content to
    download then I press a and that is it. Took 5 days to get to 30 percent and don't want to try a third time,
  4. gorilla nest Win User

Syncing data!

I'm having this issue with fallout 4. When I try to play it just says "syncing data for fallout 4" forever. No percentage ever comes up. If I try to cancel the sync and just play offline, I'm missing so many hours of game saves.

My internet is working fine, and I've tried a bunch of different suggestions around here with nothing fixing the problem.
  5. Radiant Sword X Win User

Fallout 4 keeps shutting down X box one X (refurbished)

Hi. It might be just Fallout 4. Try reinstalling it. That should help refresh everything if Fallout 4 is not running properly.
  6. SimonMeyers Win User

Xbox for Windows 10 "() Unknown available" when attempting to install a game

Same problem here, first time I noticed it I removed gamingservices from powershell and it allowed me to install a couple of fairly small games to test but I had to reinstall it to play them. Since then if I remove gaming services again to try and install something else it's getting automatically reinstalled and the game install fails somewhere around 4-5% once the gaming service install completes (there's a prompt in the xbox app to say gaming services is missing and admin approval is required to reinstall, I'm ignoring that but it's getting reinstalled anyway).
Thema:

1. I'm trying to reinstall fallout 4 and it cancels the installation when it gets to 5 percent - Similar Threads - I'm trying reinstall

2. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  3. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  4. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  5. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one: I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my...
  6. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  7. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  8. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  9. I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...: It is a Crucial X8 1tb SSD. It is attached with a USB 3.2 cable. b9acacb0-b94d-4818-88c4-8a22d3323422
  10. I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...: Call of duty, trying to install while updating and saying installation stopped. I even went as far as to pretty much factory reset the Xbox and it still won't. It'll download the mw2 content pack...