I'm trying to launch Forza 5, but it keeps on closing on startup.

Discus and support I'm trying to launch Forza 5, but it keeps on closing on startup. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I redownloaded Forza 5 on the XBOX application, but when I'm trying to launch the game, the Forza screen opens, then minimized, and then it closed. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jason Zhou1, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Jason Zhou1
    Jason Zhou1 Guest

I redownloaded Forza 5 on the XBOX application, but when I'm trying to launch the game, the Forza screen opens, then minimized, and then it closed. I asked people in the Forza 5 Discord, and they told me a bunch of stuff about how I need to update my drivers (which I did), redownload the game (which I also did), and even redownload the XBOX application (which I also did), but non of them worked, so I created a support ticket on the Forza website, I told them about my situation, and I sent them my DxDiag file because they told me to, and the responded telling me to contact Microsoft support, which I'm trying to do right now.

:)

Jason Zhou1, Jun 6, 2023
  2. JoeyMitchell1 Win User

So I just encountered the same issue last night, and i found that i was able to verify and repair the games files through the xbox app and it seemed to solve my problem within a few minutes. If you're unsure how to do that, please feel free to follow these steps

- open the xbox app on your pc

- locate forza horizon 5 and click on manage (under the little 3 dots section

- click on the "files" tab

-click on verify and repair

-watch your issues go away (or don't im not a professional this just worked for me)

I hope this helps. Full send brother *vroomvroom*
  3. Jason Zhou1 Win User

Hello Manuela. Yes, I have tried everything on the website, but the result is always the same when I launch the game. Also, no, I did not receive an error code when the game crashed. It just closed, nothing else.
  4. Jason Zhou1 Win User

I'm pretty sure they just did a factory reset on my computer.
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Oh, so the inconvenience persists even after Best Buy reinstalled Windows?
    Or what do you mean by hardware reset?
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Jason, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected issue when trying to play Forza Horizon 5 on your PC. Let's try to sort this out.

However, I just want to confirm. May I know if you tried all the possible solutions provided in this related article:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

Additionally, may I know if you receive an error code when the game crashes?
Thema:

1. I'm trying to launch Forza 5, but it keeps on closing on startup. - Similar Threads - I'm trying launch

2. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  5. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  6. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  7. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one: I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my...
  8. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  9. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  10. I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to launch starfield. It needed to have the files verified and downloaded a 4KB...: I don't have a windows store trouble shooter to reset the store. How can I fix this? e15d893e-8545-4e77-affa-15150f5116d2