I'm trying to gift a game to a friend

Discus and support I'm trying to gift a game to a friend in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to gift Minecraft bedrock and java bundle to my friend who lives in Ireland, but I'm in England and I'm not sure if he would be able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brownieboi13, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Brownieboi13
    Brownieboi13 Guest

So I'm trying to gift Minecraft bedrock and java bundle to my friend who lives in Ireland, but I'm in England and I'm not sure if he would be able to redeem the code I send him, if he can't is there any way I can send him the game?

:)

Brownieboi13, Feb 4, 2023
  2. WPAK Win User

CAn't redem my code , pls help

Hi there,

based on the error message, it could be caused that your friend Gifted this via Xbox Live.

If your friend gifted this from a different country region, then I'm afraid you can't do anything about it.

In such case, your friend needs to contact Xbox Support via Phone (or Chat) to try and get the gift refunded.

A Gifted code can only be used in the country region it's purchased in, this is mentioned before the purchase is made.
  3. WPAK Win User

Digital gift

Hi there,

I'm afraid not, when a code is regionally locked it can only be used in that specific region. It's basically unsupported to use codes from other regions.

Best option is, if the friend gifted it via the Gift option on xbox, is have you friend try and get it refunded.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

gift card

Hey there JeanPilot,

Sorry for the confusion gifting your friend this code.

As stated by StuartATrueRed, now that the code has been redeemed, there is exists no means for you to transfer that redeemed currency to your friends account.

That being said, if you do want to get your friend something, you can try to gift that specific digital item directly to your friend.

For more information on how digital gifting works, check out our informative support pages entitled

Learn about gift cards and codes
    and
    Help with giving digital games as gifts

Thanks for reading!
  5. xINF3KT3Dx Win User

Digital game

trying to gift a game to my nephew but I'm unsure if I'm able to do so.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Gifting left 4 dead 2 on Xbox one

Gifting games to your friends can only be done if you are in the same region.

For example you will not be able to gift a game to a friend if you live in US and the friend in the UK.
Thema:

1. I'm trying to gift a game to a friend - Similar Threads - I'm trying gift

2. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  5. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  6. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  7. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one: I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my...
  8. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  9. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  10. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...