I’m trying to connect my Xbox series S to my brothers Xbox series X.

Discus and support I’m trying to connect my Xbox series S to my brothers Xbox series X. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We’re using a crossover Ethernet cable since it’s just the two consoles, but it’s still not connecting. NAT type: unavailable on IPv4, unsure of how... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Minh Nguyen2, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Minh Nguyen2
    Minh Nguyen2 Guest

We’re using a crossover Ethernet cable since it’s just the two consoles, but it’s still not connecting.

NAT type: unavailable on IPv4, unsure of how to change to IPv6. Can anyone help please?

:)

Minh Nguyen2, Nov 26, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Minh Nguyen2,

I got an update from our internal team, if the final troubleshooting steps provided and if SwordofWhedon
    advised did not work out. it is advised that it would be best if you reached out to the Internet service provider for this issue.
  3. Minh Nguyen2 Win User

Hay carTzy

It’s unmanaged, is there anything I could do from here?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

You sure it’s a crossover cable? That should just work.

Your next step would be to get a switch.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Minh Nguyen2,

If it's unmanaged, then typically each device should be able to communicate with each other.

Try assigning static IP on your console and see if this works

Home Menu, select Settings.
    Select Network > Advanced settings > IP settings > Manual.
    Choose the IP address then select Enter. (example 192.168.110)
    Subnet mask. Select Enter. ((example 255.255.255.255)
    Gateway. Select Enter. ((example 192.168.1.1)
    Advanced settings then select Save.
    After saving the changes, go back to Network settings then select Test network connection. Wait until the test finishes checking your network connection status. An “It’s all good” message will appear when it’s finished.

You may also want to try the method below to connect consoles together.

How to use system link to connect multiple Xbox 360 consoles | Xbox Support
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello Minh Nguyen2,

Are you using a switch? - Yes

With regards on the switch that you are using, Is this a managed or unmanaged switch?

If this is managed switch, try to check if both devices are connected on the same VLAN, make sure that both ports are on the same VLAN.
Thema:

1. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series S to my brothers Xbox series X. - Similar Threads - I’m trying connect

2. I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?: I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it? ca277c9d-7302-4926-93bb-2c76fc97e229
  3. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  4. I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...: Please help me what’s the country region code for the United States? 89960a45-e084-4f25-b603-5ade3a7032f4
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107
  7. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  8. Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate: I bought the £1 14 days thing but the other account doesn’t allow them to play without downloading the game. c60880d3-995e-436c-aee4-92adf3170f99
  9. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...: I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal hdmi1 0f0e687a-ffc0-46f9-9877-46c013bbac3a
  10. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor: every time I do it gives me a black screen and it says input signal out of range change settings to 1920x1200 60Hz. I’ve already tried restarting my video settings on my Xbox but it still won’t...