I'm trying to buy Realms but it is blocked by Family Settings

Discus and support I'm trying to buy Realms but it is blocked by Family Settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, grateful for some guidance. I am the head of a Family Group and I'm trying to buy Realms for my child. The settings on my account are as per... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Paul_D_UK, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Paul_D_UK
    Paul_D_UK Guest

Hi all, grateful for some guidance.

I am the head of a Family Group and I'm trying to buy Realms for my child. The settings on my account are as per all the guidance (parental permission to purchase removed etc). It still comes up with the following error code: {"success":false,"failedValidations":[{"name":"PURCHASE_BLOCKED_BY_FAMILY_SETTING"}]}

What do I have to do? I don't want to dismantle the Family group, or have to set up new accounts. I just want to buy Realms!

Thanks in advance.

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Games and gaming/Xbox on Windows***

:)

Paul_D_UK, Jan 27, 2023
  2. JamesBrokl Win User

I'm having this issue, and idk even how. I'm not part of a family, my account has never been anything but an adult account, and this issue is recent. I can't buy a Java realm because it says I don't have permission, like my money my card my game wasn't permission enough. Sometime it even throws an error, the error specifying it was blocked by family settings. Where tf are "family settings"? I can't find em on the xbox, on xbox.com, microsoft, accounts.live, I even downloaded the "family settings app" which had nothing. How do I fix this so I can make my purchase and move on?
  3. Paul_D_UK Win User

All resolved now. Just needed tolo leave a longer period after amending parental controls. Thanks all.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Paul_D_UK,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are trying to purchase Minecraft Realms and is unable to because of family settings error message. We would like to set your expectation that Community doesn't have the ability to check or handle account/refund concerns since we do not have the right tool to process such request. Since, this is close to Microsoft Family account issues, and we know how important this is for you and we would like to ask for few things.

1. Are we on Minecraft website or Minecraft Launcher or Minecraft website when this error message prompted?
    2. Please check that you can access the Microsoft Family website: (click here). Let us know if your account is the organizer and your child's account is a member.
    3. Please follow this link: (click here) and sign in to your account. Let us know if you can see your gamertag and your child's gamertag.
    We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Minecraft Realms and Xbox website

Thema:

1. I'm trying to buy Realms but it is blocked by Family Settings - Similar Threads - I'm trying buy

2. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  5. how i can buy a game I'm trying every way with debit card shows it's not acceptable and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how i can buy a game I'm trying every way with debit card shows it's not acceptable and...: i made sure my region it's matching with the payment credit card what should I do more 55eb770b-e825-44e9-92b7-a32677b57aea
  6. I'm trying to buy 2 game but when ı try to pay it on market. It gives error and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to buy 2 game but when ı try to pay it on market. It gives error and...: I'm trying to buy 2 game but when ı try to pay it on market. It gives error and this"80167680". Please somebody can help? 4f5cf5ff-05b5-4753-9458-298ce4746fd3
  7. I'm trying to buy the fortnite crew pack but it keeps telling me to pick a different way to pay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to buy the fortnite crew pack but it keeps telling me to pick a different way to pay: I'm trying to but the crew pack but it's not letting me buy it dbdf03a1-9442-4360-9d78-821473a6b5e8
  8. I'm trying to buy Minecraft for my child but getting an error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to buy Minecraft for my child but getting an error message.: I'm trying to buy Minecraft for my child but getting an error message. 90986f70-1fa4-444e-9e15-4d01e43745d3
  9. I'm trying to buy a dlc on Xbox 360 and keep getting an error 80812300.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to buy a dlc on Xbox 360 and keep getting an error 80812300.: The dlc is for soul calibur 5 0cf53aa5-226e-444f-a30a-b9b56d6d7b8f
  10. I'm trying to buy game pass ultimate for a friend and it won't let me buy it for 1 month...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to buy game pass ultimate for a friend and it won't let me buy it for 1 month...: I'm trying to buy game pass ultimate for a friend and it tries to get me to buy 3 months and there's no option to change it to 1 month d35b4428-134a-4e14-a6c2-88ce43c19449