I'm trying out cloud gaming on the Xbox app and I've been trying to join my Xbox friends on...

Discus and support I'm trying out cloud gaming on the Xbox app and I've been trying to join my Xbox friends on... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Playing the game Sea of Thieves, we've been able to join each other sessions up until about two weeks prior to sharing this today. They are both on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by War_Danc3r, Nov 17, 2022.

1. War_Danc3r
    War_Danc3r Guest

I'm trying out cloud gaming on the Xbox app and I've been trying to join my Xbox friends on...

Playing the game Sea of Thieves, we've been able to join each other sessions up until about two weeks prior to sharing this today.

They are both on Xbox consoles and I'm on PC (Win10_x64 fully patched) playing from Gamecloud. They can now only join in on my in-progress game. I am not able to join either of their ships since this issue began.

Usually, I would bring up the Xbox game bar and right-click on one of their names in my friend list, and join the game. Now when I do it - it goes through all the steps then it opens a brand new session for me to create a crew in the game. When it used to work properly it would tell me that I'm about to join a game, press "A" to continue "B" to go back.

I suspect it was something in a recent "Windows Update Patch" but, I have found no technical reason that would show this to be the case. The problem seems to coincide with the last MS patch Tuesday 11/8/2022.

I have tried to join them from the Xbox Game Bar friends list, with the cloud game closed. It just brings me to the create my own crew list. I have tried it from inside the game playing with my own ship to transfer to their game (which we used to be able to do) and it tells me that I need to install a controller. It's not recognizing that I'm already using my controller in the current game. If they send me an invite - I accept it, it again tells me that there is no controller detected and will not allow me to join their game.

I have even tried to open the Xbox gaming app as administrator to see if maybe it's a permissions thing. This too failed. I have checked my firewall, and it's correctly open to this game and the Xbox app, also nothing has changed recently with my network or my router.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

War_Danc3r, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Riley Lyssy Win User

I'm trying out cloud gaming on the Xbox app and I've been trying to join my Xbox friends on Sea of Thieves, but its not letting me join them anymore.

OP of that post here. No one from Xbox support or Windows support is able to help. And we are left with a critical part of our service still not working.

War_Danc3r I would ask you to do as I do so we can elevate this issue. Go search on the task bar for "feed back hub" and make a post about the bug like I did under the sub category "xbox app".
  3. War_Danc3r Win User

I'm trying out cloud gaming on the Xbox app and I've been trying to join my Xbox friends on Sea of Thieves, but its not letting me join them anymore.

4. War_Danc3r Win User

Thanks for the reply but, as I stated above in my original post. the OS is fully patched.. It's Win10 x64 22H2 and all apps are updated from the MS store.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello War_Danc3r, I believe that a new update patch for Windows has come out, however they usually come as optional in the pate of updates.

Make sure it is already installed, it is for version 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After that try to run the game on XCloud but through another application as a browser for example.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, some people are experiencing some problems with the new firmware of the control, you can try reversion of it by the link below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. I'm trying out cloud gaming on the Xbox app and I've been trying to join my Xbox friends on... - Similar Threads - I'm trying cloud

2. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  5. I'm trying to add a new console??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to add a new console??: It's asking me for a code on the TV and I don't see one or know how to get one? submitted by /u/Agreeable_Fig6012 [link] [comments]
  6. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  7. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one: I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my...
  8. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  9. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  10. Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.: Why is Starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I keep my saves low, so what gives? d2d4d936-67ca-4a9c-ad32-5c8076b544e0