I'm the only person in my family account. How do I leave?

Discus and support I'm the only person in my family account. How do I leave? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Help! My account is over the age restriction on the family account that I DID NOT sign up for when I downloaded Minecraft on my mobile device. Does... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Naomi Loxton, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Naomi Loxton
    Naomi Loxton Guest

Help! My account is over the age restriction on the family account that I DID NOT sign up for when I downloaded Minecraft on my mobile device. Does anyone have a way I can delete the family account? I'm not sure if it's managed by a "host" but I am the only one in the plan. Please help! I want to play Minecraft with my friends!

:)

Naomi Loxton, Nov 26, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Naomi,

If you’re on an adult account (at least 18, or 19 in South Korea), then you can leave the Microsoft Family anytime. Otherwise, if you’re on a child account, a parent/guardian (organiser) would have to remove you.

Note that Family groups without an organiser and at least one other family member will be deleted, so this theoretically should automatically be the result if you’re the only one in the group.

Refer to:

Leave family group or remove members - Microsoft Support

and

Remove yourself or a family member from your family group on Xbox | Xbox Support

This guide should help if you experience any issues with the above:

Troubleshooting Microsoft Family Safety - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Naomi

If you’re an adult and if you’re not able to see the “leave group” option you can use an adult account and add your account to a new family group but as family organizer:
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/home
  4. KrusherC23 Win User

How do I leave an Xbox One family as a child?

I have the same problem. I'm a teen under the age of 18 and I can't leave my family. I would sign into the adult account of the family and change this except that the adult account who added me to the family is some random person called AlikeHarpy99271.
    So that person basically has me trapped and I can't do anything about it.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Left my family group, yet time restrictions still remain.

Hello, DaRealBingoxz. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Are you sure you were properly removed from the family group? If you go to https://family.microsoft.com, does it show you only your account with no other person?

Also, how exactly did you leave your family group? I ask because childs cannot leave their family groups. Only the parents are able to remove consent for the child account, then remove it from the family group.

Waiting for your kind reply.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

How do I leave a family?

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Guneet, how are you today? Hope you're well.

First you will need to change your privacy configurations and age, and them remove yourself from the family.

Is your account 18+?

If not:

Try changing it this way.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

Go to the top right corner, click on your avatar

click on my microsoft account

Click on "Your Information" on the top tab

go on the date of birth

Change to a date that matches age 18+.

Once this is done, log out your microsoft account from all open browser sites,

wait 20 minutes for the updates to take effect on the server, then click the link below.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

Look for the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab

And change the settings "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live", "You can create and join clubs", and "You can join multiplayer games" to Allow.

Once all that is done, wait another 20 minutes to update the changed settings and that's it. :)

Afterwards:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
Thema:

1. I'm the only person in my family account. How do I leave? - Similar Threads - I'm person family

2. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  3. I'm looking for a single player pc game

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm looking for a single player pc game: Good morning friends I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates Which one do you have to offer me? 875c1e8d-78ec-4cbf-a009-81e24489f9e5
  4. When i'm gonna open a game in my gallery, the message of ''the person who bought this game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i'm gonna open a game in my gallery, the message of ''the person who bought this game...: When i'm gonna open a game in my gallery, the message of ''the person who bought this game must enter''. Altough i'm already in this account, so i don't know how to do now, plz need an urgent...
  5. I can't access my profile and I'm the only person managing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my profile and I'm the only person managing my account: When I go to play games like amoung or minecraft the only things I can do is play single player. If I try to play multiplayer games a message pops up and says "You can't play with content created...
  6. i got a person suspeneded yesterday and they threatened to get me arrested when I'm autstic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i got a person suspeneded yesterday and they threatened to get me arrested when I'm autstic...: im autstic and have severe anxiety and i was threatened by a person that swore and got a suspension to get me arrested all because of it i need some help they said theres others that agree with...
  7. I'm being stalked and harassed by 1 person who keeps making fake accounts just to harass me

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm being stalked and harassed by 1 person who keeps making fake accounts just to harass me: I am a girl gamer who is being stalked and harassed by 1 person which his gamertag is [mod removed] i have blocked and reported him multiple times even all of his fake accounts he makes but he...
  8. I'm the only person allowed to play my Windows 10 version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm the only person allowed to play my Windows 10 version?: OK so I got the free Windows 10 version of Quantum Break. My daughter asked if she could play it so she signed into her profile but the game doesn't show up on her APP list. When I search it's...
  9. WEEKLY HEROIC STRIKE NEED AT LEAST 1 PERSON I'm lvl 27 Warlock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WEEKLY HEROIC STRIKE NEED AT LEAST 1 PERSON I'm lvl 27 Warlock: Hey I'm lvl 27 warlock with the exotic pulse rifle bad juju and need at least one more person to join my team! anyone interested add and send me a message. I'm currently dancing in the tower...
  10. I'm getting notifications from a person I have both blocked and muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm getting notifications from a person I have both blocked and muted: for the past few weeks I've been getting notifications from a user, that to my knowledge I have never been friends with or have play a game with, that they are getting online. I have since blocked...