I’m stream with my X-Box Series S using stream labs OBS. The IN GAME CHAT can not be heard...

Discus and support I’m stream with my X-Box Series S using stream labs OBS. The IN GAME CHAT can not be heard... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While I am streaming Fortnite on my Xbox with Streamlabs obs I can not hear the in game chat over stream. However, when I turn my controller off, chat... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zach_221, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Zach_221
    Zach_221 Guest

I’m stream with my X-Box Series S using stream labs OBS. The IN GAME CHAT can not be heard...

While I am streaming Fortnite on my Xbox with Streamlabs obs I can not hear the in game chat over stream. However, when I turn my controller off, chat instantly can be heard over stream. This happens when I am using my hyper x head set plugged into my controller.

When I use my wireless headset, the same thing happens. The difference is when I turn off my wireless headset, game chat can be heard over stream.

I have tried changing the settings to “headset and speakers” still nothing. Any suggestions?

:)

Zach_221, Apr 4, 2023
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Streaming on Windows10 Through Xbox App

Hello Yates,

Sorry for the issue with streaming. Only thing I can pull up is
    streaming on windows 10.
    I did try and search for help but unable to get to them sites. (work preventing me) I searched OBS stream labs and found one titled

stream labs OBS window walk through
    . Can try this and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Dark Lord White Win User

Xbox game bar broadcasting on youtube

You can stream from your Xbox One console to your PC using the Xbox One companion app. You can then use Screen capture software like OBS or Stream Labs to then stream to any of the streaming sites or all three if you wish. There is even a service called
    Restream.io which will bring the chat together from all three streaming sites (Twitch, mixer, youtube).
  4. Autumnizhurr Win User

I’m stream with my X-Box Series S using stream labs OBS. The IN GAME CHAT can not be heard over stream. When I turn my Xbox controller off, game chat can be heard over stream? Why is this happening?

Hi Zach_221, I hope you're doing well. My name is Autumn and I am an Independent advisor. I am here to help you in regards to your concerns.

I am a streamer as well and I used to have the same issues. While trying to capture the in-game chat from my Xbox to SLOBS, so my audience can hear the gameplay.

While streaming using a capture card the card can only pick up one audio source: Currently, it can only pick up sound from your Xbox Speaker. In order for your capture card to pick in-game chat/ game sound from both your Xbox Speakers and for you to be able to hear game chat in your headset you have to purchase what is called a Chat link.

The chat link is a splitter that will feed the audio from your Xbox controller to your wired headset as well as your capture card. In order for you to use your wireless headset with the chat link you will also need an audio interface that has an analog input.

I have linked the device information for your convenience.

https://www.elgato.com/en/chat-link-pro

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Autumn
  5. Zach_221 Win User

I’m stream with my X-Box Series S using stream labs OBS. The IN GAME CHAT can not be heard over stream. When I turn my Xbox controller off, game chat can be heard over stream? Why is this happening?

This is fantastic advice! I followed you all the way until you started talking about the wireless headset. Can you explain exactly what having an audio interface with an audio input?
  6. Autumnizhurr Win User

Hi again Zach_221,

I am glad I was able to help. Of course, I can explain that to you. Some wireless headsets are able to connect to an audio interface via Bluetooth and/or it comes with its own interface as a set. Basically, the audio interface acts as a wired connection to the capture card but still allows you to use your wireless headphones. So the wireless function still works for you but the audio interface allows you to use the chat link with the capture card. Because wireless headphones aren't wired an audio interface is needed to split the audio.

I hope this explains it.

Autumn
Thema:

1. I’m stream with my X-Box Series S using stream labs OBS. The IN GAME CHAT can not be heard... - Similar Threads - I’m stream Box

2. I’m about to start a class action!

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m about to start a class action!: I have had this issue for a while and I know many others have as well. My series x will read some games but not all, for example the ones I had issues with were red dead redemption and far cry 3....
  3. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  4. I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...: Please help me what’s the country region code for the United States? 89960a45-e084-4f25-b603-5ade3a7032f4
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  7. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  8. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  9. I’m not able to stream roblox games on the Xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not able to stream roblox games on the Xbox series s.: this is troubling because I’m an upcoming content creator. Does anyone have a fix for this? I tried reinstalling twitch and roblox, relinking my account and nothing seems to work....
  10. I’m trying to stream dead space remake on twitch but my Xbox blocks/pauses the stream when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to stream dead space remake on twitch but my Xbox blocks/pauses the stream when...: I’m streaming off an Xbox series x with no issues. But when i try to stream deadspace remake the live stream pauses and can’t seem to restart it through the Xbox until I switch to a different...