I’m receiving e-mails that are intended for my friends account.

Discus and support I’m receiving e-mails that are intended for my friends account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey, for the purpose of explaining this question let’s just call my friend “David”. For some reason I keep getting e-mails addressed to David, for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NJFYA, Nov 3, 2022.

1. NJFYA
    NJFYA Guest

Hey, for the purpose of explaining this question let’s just call my friend “David”. For some reason I keep getting e-mails addressed to David, for example, if hi purchases something i’ll get an e-mail addressed to him with the receipt, or e-mails such as “Hey David, this is coming to Xbox games pass this month.”

The thing is, my e-mail is already assigned to my Xbox profile, so what is happening here? I do have his profile on my Xbox, but my e-mail isn’t assigned to his account. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

NJFYA, Nov 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, don't try to share email addresses here, is no allowed and no one can view your Microsoft account directly from here.

If your friend is not forwarding the message to your account and if your email is not registered in your friend's account or similar you may need to double check this with Microsoft

To see if there is a bug from your Microsoft account (ask your friend to do the same)
  3. NJFYA Win User

Hi there,

As stated, I have signed intro his account on my Xbox before, but my E-Mail is linked to my account, not his.

The majority of the E-Mails were received from *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***, but I have received others with receipts of his purchases.

Thanks.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today NJFYA

That's odd, do know if your friend has registered your email address as an alias or similar in his account?
    Are you able to ask this to him?

Also and just to confirm, the sender of those emails is Microsoft?
    Did you double checked the address where those emails are sent?
  5. Senryu BR Win User

Accidental Detetion of Promo code sent via Dashboard

For me (and i live in another country)

MS always send me the code direct to my e-mail account or right in the mensage!!!(like my friend when he register his Brazilian account and gain the MS controller for avatar, he rescues direct by mensage in dash board, and yes he receive a e-mail too)

I have a question in your acount security you selected the option receive e-mail from MS and his partners?

Because the only case i received a code in dash from the day i win a promotion of LG, they send the code by dash and e-mail too, from MS and partners i never received only dash!!!

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english, it´s self learnerd.
  6. Joelle Emmily Win User

E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting

Responded to one of the e-mails and specifying that this is not my account, and that I no longer wished to receive e-mails regard it, may have fixed this issue. Because the e-mail is my primary login, it seems to have erased all contact preferences without deleting the account, so now that I've logged back in, it seems to have automatically re-registered the e-mail address as my primary point of contact.
Thema:

1. I’m receiving e-mails that are intended for my friends account. - Similar Threads - I’m receiving mails

2. I’m about to start a class action!

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m about to start a class action!: I have had this issue for a while and I know many others have as well. My series x will read some games but not all, for example the ones I had issues with were red dead redemption and far cry 3....
  3. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  4. I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...: Please help me what’s the country region code for the United States? 89960a45-e084-4f25-b603-5ade3a7032f4
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  7. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  8. I’m now not receiving any emails from Microsoft

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m now not receiving any emails from Microsoft: I’ve been submitting account recovery requests for about 4 days now and nothing no response at all what should I do I can’t contact chat support neither can I contact them on a call since it’s...
  9. I keep receiving bot followers i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep receiving bot followers i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m...: i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m getting told it will eventually get me banned. Someone help!! [img] 56a6af05-64fa-49a2-a22e-d48c27641fa4
  10. I’m not receiving an email on the next steps of shipping my device for repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m not receiving an email on the next steps of shipping my device for repair: The mic on my Xbox wireless headset suddenly stopped working so ordered a repair since it was still under warranty, it’s been two days now and I still haven’t received an email for a shipping...