I’m on series X, and every time I update a game, apparently it has to install the whole...

Discus and support I’m on series X, and every time I update a game, apparently it has to install the whole... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This happened recently with Star Wars Jedi survivor, a 135 GB game, but has also happened every time there is an update for call of duty modern warfare... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GhostlyOni, May 10, 2023.

1. GhostlyOni
    GhostlyOni Guest

I’m on series X, and every time I update a game, apparently it has to install the whole...

This happened recently with Star Wars Jedi survivor, a 135 GB game, but has also happened every time there is an update for call of duty modern warfare 2. Can someone help me because I’m quite annoyed with it. Thanks.

:)

GhostlyOni, May 10, 2023
  2. STR4NG3RS Win User

Warzone and Halo crashing/shutting off series x

Halo infinite was hard crashing a lot for me at launch but then seemed to work perfectly through December and now after the most recent update I’m back to crashing almost every game. The game even crashes in the main menu sometimes. Half the time it crashes to Xbox dashboard half the time it shuts the whole Xbox off. I’m on a series x. I’ve done all the troubleshooting tips. This game is broken.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

I’m on series X, and every time I update a game, apparently it has to install the whole game again, can someone tell me how to fix it please it’s quite frustrating.

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending system updates that you need to install.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update.

Solution 3: Do a factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. RabidStorm02 Win User

Xbox Series X disconnects from WiFi when turned off

I’m not sure how to reach these settings, but I’m quite certain it is not an issue with my router. My series x has worked for months before now, and all other devices on the network are working, including my Xbox one and Xbox one x. I have been having this issue since roughly the time that my series x last updated, is it possible that the issue is an overlooked bug in the series x OS?
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox series X, your Retailers are stealing from your customers

The Microsoft Store is selling the Series X...it's just that stock sells out within minutes every time due to a small number of items. There has been some stock on the site 15 times in the last 14 days apparently
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
Thema:

1. I’m on series X, and every time I update a game, apparently it has to install the whole... - Similar Threads - I’m series every

2. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  3. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  4. Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...

in XBoX on Windows
    Tried installing the new console update for my Xbox Series X on January 25th 2024, but I’m...: it gets up to 3% download and then it gives me the error message every single time, I tried turning the console on and off again, I know it’s not my internet, the internet works just fine for it....
  5. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...: I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal hdmi1 0f0e687a-ffc0-46f9-9877-46c013bbac3a
  6. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor: every time I do it gives me a black screen and it says input signal out of range change settings to 1920x1200 60Hz. I’ve already tried restarting my video settings on my Xbox but it still won’t...
  7. Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...: It randomly kicked me out of playing the game while I was in the middle of a multiplayer match and it’s been doing this since then. I can play most games but anytime I try to play call off duty or...
  8. Can I game share with an Xbox series s while I’m in X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I game share with an Xbox series s while I’m in X: Hello my name is Joshua and my brother got the Xbox series S and I have the x and now I don’t have his account even though I do so do I factory reset my account so I can put back his account and I...
  9. I’m not able to stream roblox games on the Xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m not able to stream roblox games on the Xbox series s.: this is troubling because I’m an upcoming content creator. Does anyone have a fix for this? I tried reinstalling twitch and roblox, relinking my account and nothing seems to work....
  10. Xbox Series S turns on and off when I’m playing a game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S turns on and off when I’m playing a game: The screen turns black (the tv, the game still continues) then it goes back to the normal game screen, doesn’t happen when I’m not playing a game. Is this ventilation, HDMI? Recently bought my...