im not in a xbox family, but i cant change my settings to play online. anyone know why?

Discus and support im not in a xbox family, but i cant change my settings to play online. anyone know why? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; when I try to play Minecraft java edition multiplayer it wont let me, and only says that I might need to change my privacy settings, and when I try... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BraydonGamer5, Dec 28, 2022.

1. im not in a xbox family, but i cant change my settings to play online. anyone know why?

when I try to play Minecraft java edition multiplayer it wont let me, and only says that I might need to change my privacy settings, and when I try that it wont let me. I went to the support forum and it said it might be because am in a Xbox family. I don't think I am in a Xbox family. any ideas how to fix this?

:)

BraydonGamer5, Dec 28, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

im not in a xbox family, but i cant change my settings to play online. anyone know why?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If it doesn't allow you to change your Privacy Settings it means the system is detecting that you're on a child account. In this case, you need to use an adult (organizer) account from your Family Group to change your Privacy Settings.

To do this, kindly sign in the adult (organizer) account at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=mebar... and from there, you'll be able to change your Privacy Settings. Make sure that all settings under the Privacy tab and Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety are set to "Allow" or "Everyone". It should be like the screenshot below.

Also, make sure to set these settings to "Allow"

- You can see and upload community creations

- You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

- Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

[​IMG]
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Playing online

... i need a parent to change the settings. Im an adult so why cant i play online?
    Please go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and try to change your online and privacy settings there.

If you get a page describing how to add a child account to a parent account, you probably entered an incorrect birthdate when you created your account.

Unfortunately, you can't change the birthdate on your Xbox account to make you an adult, so you will need a parent with an adult account.

The parent has to sign into their adult account and go to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    and add your child account to the family. Then the parent has to go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings and make the necessary changes for you.
  4. CraziiiAngel Win User

Trouble with gamer pic

is there a reason i cant change my gamer pic? I was temp banned on my main account, but im not sure if that has a cause in why i cant change it. I have my other account and i also cannot change the gamer picture even though i didnt get reported or anything
    like that. I dont know why its doing this, and if anyone has a possible solution, lemme know. I am above the age of 18, so that also cant be why.
    Try to change your profile picture here on the Xbox Website, if it doesn't change try contact the support for more information
  5. Francia J. Win User

Why I cant Change my Xbox settings when im in Microsoft family?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If you can't change your account settings by signing in to https://account.xbox.com/settings, it means that the system detects your account as a child account.

If you're still a minor, you need to ask an adult to add you as a member by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/family. Once you're added as a member, kindly ask them to sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings so they can manage your settings.

Also, with the failed login error. You may need to make sure that you're signed in on the same Microsoft account both on Xbox App and Xbox Console Companion App, this is important as well.
  6. Omagar1 Win User

Minecraft not working with Microsoft Account

Hi

i have a similar issue but with the migration to Microsoft accounts, every thing works fine but i cant play multi player. aparently its linked to my privacy settings but i cant access them to change them

how do access my privacy settings?

this is as far as ive got but it loops me from here

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one
Thema:

1. im not in a xbox family, but i cant change my settings to play online. anyone know why? - Similar Threads - family cant change

2. Cant leave family altough I dont have family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant leave family altough I dont have family: [img] I cannot remove myself from the family altough there is only my acocunt on the family. there is no 3 dot menu to change my settings or leave my family. e8be3ba4-2d65-4e7e-89fd-f6af21c0ae80
  3. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  4. I cant leave my family group because the organizator of the group is not even in my group...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant leave my family group because the organizator of the group is not even in my group...: I cant leave my family group because the organizator of the group is not even in my group anymore 26c4888f-cdb9-4569-81c1-b5df88792a29
  5. i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount: i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount 5710f685-abd3-4d9b-8f55-44071ada4637
  6. Cant access privacy settings while I'm not on family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant access privacy settings while I'm not on family group: [img] When I try to change privacy settings page saying that page requested cannot be found.I am not on family group and previously everything worked.Same with my friend.Same when I try that on...
  7. i cant leave family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant leave family group: when i try to leave there isnt anywhere i can go to leave my acount is above 18 and there is no 3 dots next to my name to leave and i cant even click my profile picture someone help me please...
  8. cant get the game pass to work on the shared accounts of the friends and family pass

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    cant get the game pass to work on the shared accounts of the friends and family pass: i have tried signing out and back in restarting the computers, sighing the account in on the accounts holders computer an still nothing 3e12d9ee-be20-44e3-9e9f-32cee3b520d9
  9. i bought mortal 11 kombat ultimate edition on my family members Xbox account and i cant...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought mortal 11 kombat ultimate edition on my family members Xbox account and i cant...: i cant get the dlcs even after checking make this my home xbox ba3bbe4b-6e5b-4822-8de7-e646ea737929
  10. only family organiser cant remove child account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    only family organiser cant remove child account?: I ran into some issues while gaming because of some account settings and had been trying to change them but with no success, it looks like the only option would be to leave the family, so I tried...