I'm not in a Family, but it won't let me access my online privacy settings?

Discus and support I'm not in a Family, but it won't let me access my online privacy settings? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am not able to play online games such as Minecraft due to some online privacy settings that were never turned on. One day they were just randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Allister Mahoney, Jun 29, 2022.

1. I'm not in a Family, but it won't let me access my online privacy settings?

I am not able to play online games such as Minecraft due to some online privacy settings that were never turned on. One day they were just randomly turned on, when I checked with my mother, to which she said and showed that I'm not in her microsoft family, which I was like okay then. So I try to change it myself but, I get redirected to a page that says I am in a family?

:)

Allister Mahoney, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It means that you're still a child/minor which means that you need to be in a family group under an adult in that way they can manage your settings for you.

Kindly ask your mom to add you to her family group as a member in that way she can manage the settings for you.
  3. Devlin the Dime God Win User

I can't play multiplayer Java Minecraft after the Mojang to Microsoft transfer

The birthday on my account is Sept. 23, 2000 but it still won't let me access my privacy settings. Should I just join a new family with a separate account set to adult?
  4. Rostom L Win User

How do I change my account to not be in a family group?

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

It looks like your account is being recognized by the system as a child account. You won't be able to access your privacy settings on https://account.xbox.com/Settings if you're using a child account.

If you're still underage, I would advise you to ask your parents to setup a Microsoft Family group and add your account as a member of the family so they can change your account privacy options.

Please refer to the link below about managing Xbox online and privacy settings:

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

privacy settings

Hello, Kio. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

To change your Xbox account privacy settings, sign in to the privacy & online safety page:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

If you’re on a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings. This is done through the Family settings.

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

If you have any question, please let me know.
  6. HuntingComb8781 Win User

I cannot change my privacy settings for Xbox even though I am the family organizer!

Thema:

1. I'm not in a Family, but it won't let me access my online privacy settings? - Similar Threads - I'm Family won't

2. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  3. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  4. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  5. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  6. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  7. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  8. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  9. Cant access privacy settings while I'm not on family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant access privacy settings while I'm not on family group: [img] When I try to change privacy settings page saying that page requested cannot be found.I am not on family group and previously everything worked.Same with my friend.Same when I try that on...
  10. I'm the only member in the family group that I did not make and it's not allowing me to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm the only member in the family group that I did not make and it's not allowing me to...: as stated I have not created this family group and I'm the only member in it and for some reason whenever i try to change setting in my xbox account it redirects me to this site...