I'm not for sure, but I think I'm in the beginning stages of internal hard drive failure on...

Discus and support I'm not for sure, but I think I'm in the beginning stages of internal hard drive failure on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The title says it all, really. Over the past few days on startup or restart it will appear that I have no games or apps installed or downloaded with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cathaxis, May 30, 2023.

1. Cathaxis
    Cathaxis Guest

I'm not for sure, but I think I'm in the beginning stages of internal hard drive failure on...

The title says it all, really. Over the past few days on startup or restart it will appear that I have no games or apps installed or downloaded with the associated library pages appearing completely blank until I refresh the home screen. After that everything runs normal for the most part.

This happens regardless if the console is online or offline.

One oddity is that I can launch games that have icons in the "most recently used" section of the home screen and they operate normally so far as I can tell.

:)

Cathaxis, May 30, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

I'm not for sure, but I think I'm in the beginning stages of internal hard drive failure on my Xbox One X.

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox problem.

You can try resetting your console to see if this will help with the issue.

Let's refresh the console's system cache.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

Hopefully it is not a major problem with the Xbox that might lead to a repair.
  3. NVissah Win User

Is it worth pre ordering the Xbox One right now or is it better to wait 6 months incase of any problems with the new console?

Well, there are ALWAYS chances of hard-and software failures on new devices. I think overheating won't be an issue with the Xbox One, but I'm sure it will have a lot of bugs in the OS when it launches. Same thing happened with Windows 8, buggy as hell in
    the beginning but fine now.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

When I try to download something on my 3tb hard drive my Xbox becomes unresponsive please help!!

Does the same thing happen if you download your game to the internal hard drive?

I'm thinking there might be a problem with the external hard drive.
  5. WPAK Win User

why does micro soft assume everyone has a PC

Hi there,

since the hard drive is no where to be seen in the storage section. I'm thinking that this issue is hard drive related. If a hard drive fails, the console will think that it needs an update, so the update was a result of a failure of the HDD.

Please try the steps mentioned on this support page:
    support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

My original XBox games won't play on my XBox 360 Arcade

I take it other games you tried on the BC list didn't work either? Where did you buy the hard drive from? Where did the other hard drive you tried come from?

I'm thinking that both of these hard drives are fake, hence the failure to load compatible Xbox games.
Thema:

1. I'm not for sure, but I think I'm in the beginning stages of internal hard drive failure on... - Similar Threads - I'm sure I'm

2. Not sure if you guys know of a solution but, I'm locked out.

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if you guys know of a solution but, I'm locked out.: I got locked out of my account due to suspicious activity! This first part is kind of confusing, I apologize in advance. It asked me to verify my account via an old phone number I no longer have....
  3. I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month: I need to talk to someone about being charged seven times when I should only have one account 8a6ebdc0-98f6-4817-b906-3bfaa5b58c56
  4. I'm not sure what's causing my xbox PC app to be broken, could anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not sure what's causing my xbox PC app to be broken, could anyone help?: hello! I've been trying to use the Xbox PC app for a couple days now but it recently has had some major issues that i've never seen before. First, I was installing a game just recently added to...
  5. I'm not sure how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm not sure how to fix this: Hello I have been having this problem since yesterday were all my online games have been saying how I can't play online because how my Microsoft account is set up but I checked and already allowed...
  6. My Xbox Series S says that it has a strict, double NAT type and I'm not sure what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S says that it has a strict, double NAT type and I'm not sure what to do.: I have had this issue before but it has resolved itself in the past just by clicking "test NAT type". I am using a mobile router through AT&T. Before yesterday I've always has an open NAT type....
  7. I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change the primary alias of my microsoft account to a new email and I'm not sure...: So I have email A as my primary alias. I want to make email B my new primary alias and remove email A as an alias. For now, I have both emails as aliases and I can login to my microsoft minecraft...
  8. I got a 2 day suspension for my gamerpic and I'm pretty sure I'll no longer be an Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a 2 day suspension for my gamerpic and I'm pretty sure I'll no longer be an Xbox...: I like to edit pictures of the games I play and I used a screenshot from Death Stranding of Sam Porter Bridges to make my profile picture, I knew one part of the picture would be an issue so I...
  9. I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to set up windows media center on 360 I'm not sure it's working: Do I still have to go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup on my phone to get windows media to work on my xbox360 e7c53b0f-3b24-4359-b993-a0eb543ad471
  10. I have an Xbox 360 or it's an Xbox one I'm not sure. I need to buy an an internet adapter....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 or it's an Xbox one I'm not sure. I need to buy an an internet adapter....: I either have an Xbox one or an Xbox 360. Not sure, but I need to buy an internet adapter, how and where and what kind do I buy. I know nothing about all of this....